What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks.
Watch out for Monteverdi in the 6:35 at Goodwood tomorrow night as his rating is worth exploitation on some form not so long ago.

Last edited:
Not info but on the figures I use, I would be keen on the chances of Roller tonight in the 7.40. He put up a figure of 91 on his first start this season and next time he raced too freely under his rider running to 93. Last time he was definitely given too much to do, and his rider got busy too late but he still clocked 93. I think he has the potential to be about a 100 horse and most of his rivals today are rather exposed. Calder Prince on his best form is a danger but he may be better over shorter, whilst Abushamah is well treated off 74, but I would have rather seen him in a 0-75 giving away weight to lesser rivals than in a 0-95 getting weight from good horses. The Easterby horse is young enough to still be improving and for me is open to more improvement than most. He looks a good price at 4.4 on Betfair and at 1.55 in the 4 horses to be placed market I feel there is good insurance. I think this horse could progress into a very nice 1m handicapper and win a premier handicap when he creeps in one this season. I would be surprised if wasn't running very close tonight.

Thanks.
Watch out for Monteverdi in the 6:35 at Goodwood tomorrow night as his rating is worth exploitation on some form not so long ago.

Castle Harbour/Chief Whip form from last year yeah. Monteverdi cost me a pretty penny last year. The gelding is a plus sign and one can ignore a pipe opener over 6f.

Last edited:
Tulip River 1.50 York, well backed first time out and was the best horse in the race. Unless Theresa real good one lurking, should be up to winning this race. Worth a double with inconceivable in the 6.35 Chepstow, well bred, wasnt knocked about when second the last day.

Bad luck with Irish Cavalier. Something clearly went wrong. Hoping Rebecca Curtis can get compensation in the 7.20 at Aintree. Surprised Vintage Vinnie wasn't jolly here and snapped up some 5/2 earlier
Also Mad Jack Mytton may be the value in the 7.55

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
**** me that was some useless **** on that horse. Got squeezed and just gave up.

Agree Lucy not the greatest but the horse has a very high head carriage. I think he would be better dropped in with a lot of cover and produced late. He travelled nicely but half down tools when she asked to pick up and when she put her hands down and switched him, he stayed on again. He was also very very weak in the on course betting, so I would suggest today may not have been the day.

Tim Easterby has some good chances tomorrow doesn't he.

The one I fancied at The Dante meeting, Golden Apollo, is back out at York, in the 3:30.

Also think Orion's Bow could win the Scottish Sprint Cup.

Pay attention PTP. :)

Last edited:
Agree Lucy not the greatest but the horse has a very high head carriage. I think he would be better dropped in with a lot of cover and produced late. He travelled nicely but half down tools when she asked to pick up and when she put her hands down and switched him, he stayed on again. He was also very very weak in the on course betting, so I would suggest today may not have been the day.

Good assessment.

Also think Orion's Bow could win the Scottish Sprint Cup.

I'm off to Musselbrough tomorrow with some ex colleagues from the railway. This is one I had my eye on as well as old Robot Boy.

Other bets will be Thikriyaat at York and Dr Julius No at Sandown.

Last edited:
Enjoy yourself pal.

Tim Easterby could have two or three winners at different tracks tomorrow, I could be entirely wrong though.
There's nothing wrong with a gut feeing. :) Can't be bothered to go through form tonight or tomorrow. No time.

Looking at the betting, the main ones seem to be.

York
1:50 Mukhayyam
3:30 Golden Apollo

Muss
2:05 Rasheeq
3:10 Orions Bow
5:30 Popsies Joy

Sandown 2:40 Copper Knight

I'm off to Musselbrough tomorrow with some ex colleagues from the railway. This is one I had my eye on as well as old Robot Boy.

Other bets will be Thikriyaat at York and Dr Julius No at Sandown.

I've been to a jumps meet there but it looks a nice course for the flat, See Its ladies day tomorrow - mind how you go lad :D

Last edited:
The one I fancied at The Dante meeting, Golden Apollo, is back out at York, in the 3:30.

Pay attention PTP. :)

Might be a good shot Martin - went to Ponte Vegas on Monday night, some right nags turned out, however Golden Apollo was running in the feature race. The only one of the night that seriously made an impression, hell of a turn of foot and left them for dead going uphill

Last edited:
My bets [1pt win on each @ BOG]

1.45 Haydock-Materialist @ 4-1 [Bet Victor]
2.15 Catterick-Ambitious Icarus @ 11-2 [Skybet]
2.20 Haydock-Stoneyford Lane @ 9-1 [Bet Victor]
2.35 Chester-Alpine Dream @ 9-2 [Paddy Power]:)
2.55 Haydock-Eccleston @ 8-1 [Bet Victor]
4.15 Newmarket-Alouja @ 5-2 [Skybet]

Loss of 0.5pt

My bets [1pt win on each @ BOG]

1.50 York-Charismatic Man @ 5-1 [Skybet]
3.35 Bath-Midhmaar @ 4-1 [Bet 365]
4.45 Bath-Zambezi Queen @ 7-4 [Bet Victor]

Might be a good shot Martin - went to Ponte Vegas on Monday night, some right nags turned out, however Golden Apollo was running in the feature race. The only one of the night that seriously made an impression, hell of a turn of foot and left them for dead going uphill

He's a good horse. How good is the question. Can't see it out of the places.

3.20 Hexham
Midnight Shot should be well capable of disposing of these and 7/4 rates value

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back