What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad I kept stakes very small today, I guess Golden Apollo winning would be some small consolation.

Just on Golden Apollo (a Pivotal) kicking my arse atm, noticed Acclamation and Pivotal horses on fire - had a 50/50 and went for Black Trilby instead of Burrishoole Abbey at Sandown - 20/1 ffs

Arbalet lost it at the start sorry. Lost 8-10L at the start and was sat on for a long time by his rider, and couldn't real in the leader who raced on a better part of the track in my eyes. No doubt he'll be 1-3 next time !

Doncaster 2:00 Blind Faith. Stable in better form. This can win.

Last edited:
Anyone who thinks Dal Harraild would have a chance in the Hardwicke on Saturday wants to lump on Humble Hero in the 3.30 at Doncaster today. He is miles better than he has shown to date, and destroyed the aforementioned in a strong gallop last Tuesday. They think this will be a Leger horse, and this maiden today should be a walk in the park.

Sorry no time for a proper write-up, but here's another one that can win today.

5:15 Salisbury Love And Be Loved

Last edited:

Well it could have won perhaps if Jamie Spencer hadn't spent so long taking a tug coming out of the stalls and throughout the race.
Finished fast and late for a place. I do wonder sometimes if this jockey is right in the head or suffers from a mental impairment.

Last edited:
Arbalet lost it at the start sorry. Lost 8-10L at the start and was sat on for a long time by his rider, and couldn't real in the leader who raced on a better part of the track in my eyes. No doubt he'll be 1-3 next time !

Inexperience lost it for him, was the best horse in the race but backing 1st time out horses you have to expect it.

4.05 Downpatrick

Bertie Bell has a course bumper victory over The Storyteller to his credit and also won his maiden hurdle on this track. 5/1 seems a fair price for him to get off the mark over fences.

Anyone who thinks Dal Harraild would have a chance in the Hardwicke on Saturday wants to lump on Humble Hero in the 3.30 at Doncaster today. He is miles better than he has shown to date, and destroyed the aforementioned in a strong gallop last Tuesday. They think this will be a Leger horse, and this maiden today should be a walk in the park.

nice...

Well it could have won perhaps if Jamie Spencer hadn't spent so long taking a tug coming out of the stalls and throughout the race.
Finished fast and late for a place. I do wonder sometimes if this jockey is right in the head or suffers from a mental impairment.

Hear what your saying marb, I've cursed him more than once myself, but in fairness a punter certainly knows what he's getting when he backs a horse with the name J P Spencer next to it.

Few bets for me on Thursday

7.10 Ffos Las - Strumble Head. 12s.

Grand old front runner running in a race sponsored by his owner. With the jockeys claim he should be going close. I think this shorter trip suits him better than 3m as well. 20s before was a joke, closer to a fair price now.

Lingfield 8.40 - Charming Loza 14s

Expecting the step up in trip on handicap debut to make all the difference here. Good each way chance.

2.20 Chelmsford - See and Be Seen 13/2

Showed better on the turf last time and looks to be coming back to the boil. Young Mitch Godwin riding again think this one can capitalise off its mark.

5.35 Ascot - Bin Battuta- 14/1

Nicely enough weighted for me and hoping the first time visor should make a big difference. Hoping he can get a nice tow into the race from Bear Valley and Majoris.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back