What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lost my internet connection just after this last post, did me a right favour haha.

David Bridgewater's, Cohesion, who was entered in The Ebor, and a horse myself, Moehat, and Luke (?), were chatting about, is entered in The November handicap. He had a spin over hurdles recently where he finished second. On the flat, he could be anything, and I mean, anything! Best priced 25/1 for Saturday at present.

Will have to throw a few quid at it on Saturday morning.

Top man! No after-timing, so for the record, I'm doing Cohesion ,Eddystone Rock and Mirsaale. One of these three will rattle the crossbar, I feel it in my waters!

Last edited:
Just a sporting interest for me. I'll take Cohesion, Mirsaale, and Eddystone Rock against the field, as I've followed these three at some point during the flat season.

I liked 2 of the 3 posted my thoughts on the long shot thread Marb.

Tomorrow I'm hoping V can turn back the clock 20 years when she won the Badger Ales with the wonderful Teeton Mill :<3:She sends another grey Vic de Touzaine to get the job done tomorrow 14/1 still available I've had a touch higher than that antepost. Ran a cracker first time up grinding down Boric in the closing stages at Carlisle. Put put 7lb for that win and Boric put up 6lb. Boric then reappered in the Durham National only just failing to reel in one the good Doctor had laid out for it. To me it emphasises how well VDT did to get the better of him conceding lumps of weight and coming from behind to grind down a strong stayer. Forecast more rain should help matters also.

Good luck, Danny. At 33/1 each, either Cohesion and Eddystone Rock are good value each ways, or they've both got no chance! As I say, small stakes, sporting interest for me.

Aintree 1.40
Winningtry should shape loads better than at Newton Abbot where he looked badly in need of the run. Was hoping for bigger than 5/1 though
Wincanton 1.50
Ellen’s Way may be worth a small interest at 12/1. Obviously risks attached as she’s been off a long time but looks well handicapped if at her best
Wincanton 3.35
Mr Mix can extend his record at the track. Got 12/1 last night and sure to go off much shorter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m a NH fan through and through but aside from my own poor judgement costing me, I’m not keen on seeing too many more meetings like Wincanton again today.

Last edited:
Houblon Des Obeax could be a good thing at Sandown off a lenient mark. I'm looking for a win double. So has anyone got a strong fancy, between about 2 and 4 /1? Help me out!

Sandown 2.55
Fidux looks a decent price here. Took 10/1 last night but now only 7s. Skybet and Lads going 4 places

Houblon Des Obeax could be a good thing at Sandown off a lenient mark. I'm looking for a win double. So has anyone got a strong fancy, between about 2 and 4 /1? Help me out!

Good call.

Shame Fidux couldn’t oblige too but seemed to get distracted by the flapping hurdle after the winner stepped through the last. No guarantee he’d have got past anyway though

Keep a betting-market check on The Blue Bomber in the 4:00 at Kempton. The nine runners makes it an appealing race each way. The Blue Bomber hasn't ran since April. The Racing Post says he left Mick Channons yard for his new handler only five days ago on 7th November 2017. So he's now with jumps trainer Caroline Fryer, and obviously turns out quickly for her. The Blue Bomber had fair form when second in a twelve grand national hunt flat-race at Cheltenham in 2016. He placed in novice hurdles when fancied in the betting. They are either running this quickly for fresh air and to get tailed off, or there's more to this than meets the eye. He's been dropped from 120 to 112 in the handicap which looks good.16/1 is a price worth speculating to accumulate.

Last edited:
Keep a betting-market check on The Blue Bomber in the 4:00 at Kempton. The nine runners makes it an appealing race each way. The Blue Bomber hasn't ran since April. The Racing Post says he left Mick Channons yard for his new handler only five days ago on 7th November 2017. So he's now with jumps trainer Caroline Fryer, and obviously turns out quickly for her. The Blue Bomber had fair form when second in a twelve grand national hunt flat-race at Cheltenham in 2016. He placed in novice hurdles when fancied in the betting. They are either running this quickly for fresh air and to get tailed off, or there's more to this than meets the eye. He's been dropped from 120 to 112 in the handicap which looks good.16/1 is a price worth speculating to accumulate.
The bookies fear this, 16's into 12's, not even midday yet, looks like this is going to be backed. If anyone wants to follow me in get involved now!

The bookies fear this, 16's into 12's, not even midday yet, looks like this is going to be backed. If anyone wants to follow me in get involved now!

Think the one thing we can be sure of in that race is that Stonecoldsoba won't win, opened at around 7's, now available at 25's.

True mate. That horse you've mentioned won its last two races as well. The betting markets aren't fair! My last word...I can't guarantee it, but I did go through the cards last night. Mr Blue Bomber is literally the only horse worth chancing today. Without boasting, I had more than I should have on Houblon yesterday (long story), and I'm happy to play up my winnings. Make hay while the sun is shining and all that.

Last edited:
Mr Blue Bomber out to 20s now, but that's cos dudes with more money than sense wanna make me look stupid! I'd love it if he won or placed but not really expecting much, confidence is seriously dented now. Screw these cheeky swine's.

Last edited:
3.20 Lingfield
Sirop de Menthe has a similar profile to stablemate Trans Express who did me a favour a few weeks ago. Won first time out last season before form tailed off badly. That win was off 4lb higher and this fella was a C&D winner the previous year. Could easily be out with the washing but I’ve had a go at 16/1 hoping lightning will strike twice

Last edited:
I just noticed one of my dark horses for the compo, Keep In Line, has entries on Saturday in handicap hurdles, at Cheltenham and Wetherby. This thing is going to win a very big hurdle this year, probably the Ladbroke in December or Tote Trophy in February or something like that. Hopefully he can go some way to substantiating this claim on Saturday.

Last edited:
I find it amazing that the top jockey has gone to Newcastle when Cheltenham is on. He must think he has some great chances.

Today - 12:30 Jassas
(Overnight) at Newcastle Barclays Premier Novices' Hurdle
11/4
Today - 1:05 Triopas
(Overnight) at Newcastle Newcastle Flooring Handicap Hurdle
11/10
Today - 2:15 Mary Eleanor
(Overnight) at Newcastle Driver Hire Darlington Mares' Maiden Hurdle
7/4
Today - 3:25 Ballinslea Bridge
(Overnight) at Newcastle Lovely Laundry Standard Open National Hunt Flat Race
5/2

I find it amazing that the top jockey has gone to Newcastle when Cheltenham is on. He must think he has some great chances.

Today - 12:30 Jassas
(Overnight) at Newcastle Barclays Premier Novices' Hurdle
11/4
Today - 1:05 Triopas
(Overnight) at Newcastle Newcastle Flooring Handicap Hurdle
11/10
Today - 2:15 Mary Eleanor
(Overnight) at Newcastle Driver Hire Darlington Mares' Maiden Hurdle
7/4
Today - 3:25 Ballinslea Bridge
(Overnight) at Newcastle Lovely Laundry Standard Open National Hunt Flat Race
5/2
The last 2, Mary Eleanor & B Bridge, have both drifted significantly overnight since opening prices

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back