What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've took a chance on Sam Spinner 12/1 antepost for what used to be the fixed brush hurdle. Its a bit late to be posting full thoughts. So i'll keep it brief he's been put up only 3lb for finishing 2nd last time out at Chepstow. Would have won if not fluffing the last. Take a look at what some of those who finished in behind that day have done since and its probably as strong a line of collateral form as you'll find. Personally dont like betting antepost but chanced a decent bet on this but even if antepost is not for you he's one to keep an eye out for next Saturday or actually given I've punted him for Saturday then keep an eye out for when he actually runs next.:rolleyes:

Cracking shout Danny, well played :cool:

Jockey Finish O Toole on The Racing Post website is down as booked to ride Reverant Cust in the 3:05 Wetherby on Wednesday. I think this horse will win this race, whatever the opposition happens to be on a rating of 113. He needed the run last time, so should be forgiven. His overall profile is very consistent and makes me believe he is a decent horse. He's only won one handicap hurdle so far, but I'd be amazed if he can't bag more races this season off an unexposed handicap mark. I'm posting this on here now so I don't forget myself, lol. I've no idea what price until the actual race. I'm hoping a few stand their ground, so that Reverant Cust's price doesn't get too short.

Last edited:
Jockey Finish O Toole on The Racing Post website is down as booked to ride Reverant Cust in the 2:30 Wetherby on Wednesday. I think this horse will win this race, whatever the opposition happens to be on a rating of 113. He needed the run last time, so should be forgiven. His overall profile is very consistent and makes me believe he is a decent horse. He's only won one handicap hurdle so far, but I'd be amazed if he can't bag more races this season off an unexposed handicap mark. I'm posting this on here now so I don't forget myself, lol. I've no idea what price until the actual race. I'm hoping a few stand their ground, so that Reverant Cust's price doesn't get too short.

Brian Hughes gets the ride.

Last edited:
Jamie Osborne's Outer Space can win the 3:10.

At about 9/2 he's a bet tomorrow. :)

Last edited:
Not much happened today, but I wasn't exactly balls deep. :)

I'm having a stab at Slaney Sike tomorrow at Haydock (2:25).

A good strike rate over fences (5/20 = 25%), dropped 20 pound in the weights the past two years, hinted at return to form recently, looks to have been placed in the right race, off a low weight. Whatever his odds are, I reckon he'll out-run them. My type-of-horse/selection, this one.

Last edited:
Just a quick one as I haven't much time was looking at the December handicap hurdle on Saturday actually at William H Bonney who I automatically assumed would hold a decent chance but something else has caught my eye in the shape of Exitas who has 2 entries one for Sunday but he's already jocked up for Saturday and its the bigger prize. He's been going well in chases of late and won a decent handicap at Ascot by 7L. His hurdle mark is 8lb lower than his chase mark and with Mitchell Bastyan booked he gets another 5lb off. Corals are 14/1 and although I haven't been through the race with a fine tooth comb that has to be all kinds of wrong. Had a decent bet at that price.

Apologies I realize now there is a thread up for Saturdays action at Sandown :whistle:

Last edited:
Sedgefield 1.45 Pinch Of Ginger - I read last year he was one of the best workers in the yard and they named him after the trainers father. Hopefully there is a lot more to come from this horse than he has shown so far?

As I was researching the name of the horse I came across this interview with Ginger McCain on his 80th birthday. Great character!

https://www.racingpost.com/news/gin...he-former-trainer-on-his-80th-birthday/129862

Looks like Aintree/Sandown could be abandoned.

Shame as I liked the look of Tom Bellamy's rides at Aintree.

I was planning a Trixie on his three.

12:25 Ballyhill

2:35 Flying Angel

3:10 Arctic Gold

Aintree looks the least likely at the mo, though I do hope I'm wrong.
Cloudy Dream looks rock solid there - probably ran the race of his life over too short a trip latest, and today's c/d should hold no terrors for him.
In the last at Sandown, Happy Chappy (8/1 generally) should reward ew support at least. Improving, jumps well, and stays all day, needs to go close here, if he's to realise trainer's Scottish National aspirations.

Cloudy Dream looks rock solid there - probably ran the race of his life over too short a trip latest, and today's c/d should hold no terrors for him.

3m1 on soft/heavy is a big ask imo. With Def Red obviously being too short I took 4s about Alpha Des Obeaux last night.

Blaklion is the worst value horse I have seen since Fujiyama Crest.Lord Windermere worth a poke at 36 on the machine.

In different times I would have laid that for a four figure sum -can live with the tenner I did on Lord Windermere.

It wouldn't surprise me if Alan King tries to get another prep before Keep In Line's D-Day. There'll be a d-day, I'm pretty sure of it. Whether in December or February I don't know.

Keep In Line could take one step closer to D-Day with the entry next Friday at Donny. He needs to show what he can do before stepping up in class...I've not totally written off The Wessex Handicap Hurdle at Ascot yet. As I say, he needs to show what he can do at Donny come Friday.

Last edited:
He needs to show what he can do before stepping up in class...I've not totally written off The Wessex Handicap Hurdle at Ascot yet.

Scrap this. He's not entered at Ascot.
Tote Gold Trophy it'll probably be in February then.
I hope he dots up at Doncaster on Friday and I'll await the Trophy entries in early January.

Sounds like a plan...:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back