What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
KEEP IN LINE could take one step closer to D-Day with the entry next Friday at Donny. He needs to show what he can do before stepping up in class.

See if this materialises tomorrow. There's 10 runners declared to run in the 1:35 at Donny. Keep In Line has a big chance. The form of his last run where he carried top-weight, has worked out well. The two that finished ahead of him ran well since.

Last edited:
I am a staunch advocate of Tiger Roll in the Cross-Country today. Seems significantly over-priced to me at double-figure odds.

I am a staunch advocate of Tiger Roll in the Cross-Country today. Seems significantly over-priced to me at double-figure odds.

Couldn't believe it myself. Just put a tidy sum on each way at 9/1 with 365. Bottled it and took the each way option mind.

Couldn't believe it myself. Just put a tidy sum on each way at 9/1 with 365. Bottled it and took the each way option mind.

Not sure if that's a bad ride or just couldn't go with the pace. Stayed on well enough. Love the winner, great ride and win.

Shitter..I can safely write off a future crack at The Trophy after that! He looked really uncomfortable racing today, (jumped the first hurdle so awkwardly), and did well to finish fourth in the end. Maybe something like the Martin Pipe handicap hurdle at the festival over 2M4F in March.... but he needs to really improve before then.

Last edited:
The best bet tomorrow might be Doncasters 12:00 - The lightly raced Pumaflor having his first run in handicap hurdle off 100. He won a class 3 on the flat off 78. He's changed trainers three times and was formerly with David O Meara. Someone's invested some time, money and effort into getting him into the right trainers hands. He's now with Phillip Kirby. He surely won't find any better opportunity to exploit the rating in what is not the most competitive hurdle ever seen. He could easily be 10-15 pound higher already based on his novice hurdle runs. He's pitched in the race off a low weight of 10:6 and 8/1 is worth taking.

Last edited:
Good luck Chef, can't possibly run any worse than mine! Another kick in the goolies for me. :) Maybe Foxtail Hill will cheer me up, maybe not.

Last edited:
I like a couple today (apart from those mentioned elsewhere):

Chl 1.20 Sire De Grugy 10/1 - Sire De Grugy was well off form behind Sir Valentino last time in the big Ascot handicap he’d won last season. He previously ran moderately in a hurdle race, his first outing since unseating in the Desert Orchid at the King George meeting. I think those two runs may be forgivable. He’s now a pound lower than for that big handicap win so they’ve maybe taken a real chance in dropping him 7lbs this season for effectively one bad run.

Don 3.20 Vibrato Valtat 12/1 - I can’t really split Virgilio, Kilcrea Vale and Sego Success so I’m going to take a punt on Vibrato Valtat. Backing Nicholls rejects might be tantamount to taking the Bullet Train to the poor house but the horse showed a lot more last time on his second run for Lavelle and I like Aspell in this kind of race. The horse is young enough to hold hopes of a revival for a new trainer and is ridiculously well-handicapped on his old form.

3.20 Doncaster
Virgilio can take this with the capable Bridget Andrews taking off 3lb. He proved 3m is now his distance last season and can win this with the times of the first two suggesting the ground should be ideal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like a couple today (apart from those mentioned elsewhere):

Chl 1.20 Sire De Grugy 10/1 - Sire De Grugy was well off form behind Sir Valentino last time in the big Ascot handicap he’d won last season. He previously ran moderately in a hurdle race, his first outing since unseating in the Desert Orchid at the King George meeting. I think those two runs may be forgivable. He’s now a pound lower than for that big handicap win so they’ve maybe taken a real chance in dropping him 7lbs this season for effectively one bad run.

Never looked like getting into it seriously and lost a length at every fence. Needs a new jockey.

I've not cheered a horse home as hard as I did with Mustmeetalady at Donny there for ages.
I'm bloody over the moon, accidently backed it win only this morning and thought it probably had no chance with the luck I'm in. Well done Jonjo. What a hard-as-nails ride by Richie Mclernon that was.

I'm on something whose name I can't recall in the next at Cheltenham. It could give me a double.

Last edited:
Don 3.20 Vibrato Valtat 12/1 - I can’t really split Virgilio, Kilcrea Vale and Sego Success so I’m going to take a punt on Vibrato Valtat. Backing Nicholls rejects might be tantamount to taking the Bullet Train to the poor house but the horse showed a lot more last time on his second run for Lavelle and I like Aspell in this kind of race. The horse is young enough to hold hopes of a revival for a new trainer and is ridiculously well-handicapped on his old form.

Ooo. He'd have won ten lengths if he'd jumped better. Seemed to fiddle an awful lot of them but I don't know if that's his way. Justified the bet vis-a-vis the other three so I won't complain too much.

Not sure if that's a bad ride or just couldn't go with the pace. Stayed on well enough. Love the winner, great ride and win.

Sorry i didnt see this yesterday but remember how Cause of Causes ran over the course before the festival. I'd expect a similar plan is in place.

The Micky Hammond trained INDIAN VISION, (Catterick 12:50), was third at 66/1 behind Level Of Intensity and Mick The Poser the last day. Level Of Intensity's current rating is 115. Mick The Poser's on 109. Indian Vision was three lengths (and a length) behind the two, so Indian Vision probably ran to 110+ on his first start over hurdles, which gives him an excellent shout. Most of his opponents have been running on the flat so have no experience over hurdles, (including the short priced favourite, who needs opposing at the odds). Indian Vision is fair value at 8/1 to win. I cannot see how he can get much bigger than that.

Last edited:
Exeter 2.40
Trans Express did me a favour last time he ran over this C&D and can repeat last years win in this race with the placed horses from that renewal now rated much higher. Two recent runs have been disappointing at face value but he doesn’t really seem to stay 2.5m let alone 3 and I’m hopeful of a much better performance at this trip. 6/1 taken last night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a few crazy multiples running tomoro but I suppose my least mad one would be.

12.25 summer getaway 8-1
13.15 road to rome 10-1
13.20 Theo's charms 8-1
15.40 jaleo 20-1

I'm looking forward to the boozing and if I find a few winners, even better. I think 4-1 for Bristol de Mai is very fair so I've had a decent wager on him.

Last edited:
Last night I was already planning to punt the outsider of the smallish field in Wetherby's 1:40, ZARIB, as he looks on a lenient mark.

I've just checked Oddschecker and he's the best backed horse in the race this morning, which does confidence levels the world of good.

Fancy he'll go very close, myself.

Last edited:
I've no time to post anything in the next day or two, so I'll take this opportunity to tip a horse, who if declared, could run on Wednesday in the 2:40 at Fakenham. The horse is called BABY JAKE, trained by Joseph Hanlon.
Baby Jake hasn't had many attempts at fences. As a 8 year old, his chase career is a work-in-progress. However, the form of his last chase start looks excellent for class three level. Horses have come out and won.
The winner was Olivers Hill this day, who franked the form at Kempton. The fifth horse was Orbasa, trained by Paul Nicholls, who hacked up next time.
Baby Jake was fourth. He's actually been lowered a couple of pound in the handicap to 121, which seems generous, as the form looks very solid.

Some may remember BABY JAKE who ran a belter this day when second. He's out tomorrow in 2:25 at Leopardstown with a light weight over hurdles and not without a chance.

Another horse I've mentioned plenty on here, EDDIEMAURICE, is declared for 3:40 at Kempton tomorrow. He has a squeak.

I reckon these two and FOREST BIHAN will make a good patent and/or Trixie tomorrow.

Good luck to everyone.

Last edited:
Changed my bet slightly based on the betting markets. Eddiemaurice has halved in price from 20's to 10's, and Forest Bihan is shortening all the time. So I've done those two and a strong favourite, (Shantou Rock, 1:20, Kempton), in a patent and taken out Baby Jake whose price has drifted badly. See how the day goes!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back