What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
​2nd @ 7-1

Did well to not be beaten far as his jumping was not up to scratch over this trip, horse will win a nice race over further

Runs in the big handicap at Leopardstown on Sunday [4.10] ​Cubomania

Is up in trip...each way at 14-1 [Betfred]

Winter Derby Trial.

Wissahickon looks the business today, especially with his own pacemaker, but I couldn't take the odds in what's, essentially, a trial.
Far better, a small ew on Abe Lincoln (18/1 generally), who finished close 3rd in last season's Easter Classic, despite a wide trip putting him last turning in.
Had a warm-up race, too.

Sassy Diva looks nailed on to go close in Leopardstown 12:40.

She was placed in some valuable National Hunt Flat races, then placed in a valuable hurdle the last day. She could win this handicap hurdle off a workable mark.

Last edited:
Sassy Diva looks nailed on to go close in Leopardstown 12:40.

She was placed in some valuable National Hunt Flat races, then placed in a valuable hurdle the last day. She could win this handicap hurdle off a workable mark.

Nice one M.

1.0 Southwell, Sylviacliffs, had a few quid e.w on this @ 15/2.

Also in the same race had a fairly hefty lay on the fav Kodi Dream @ 3.2'ish. I just can't see the fav winning this race, very very trappy.

Last bet of the day for me.

2.10 Southwell, Point Zero. Short enough @ 1.76 but just had a nice win bet on it. Bad seller and won well 10 days' ago.

12.40 Naas, City Island, too short at 1/4 but if there is any drift and it hits 2/5 or in running I'll get on as much as I can.
1.10 Naas, Debuchet, around 3.1, been laying this for the past while and will keep doing so.
1.40 Naas All For Joy, around 3.6'ish laying this
2.10 Naas Pravalaguna, around 1.73, max lay
2.40 Naas, Konitho around 2.28, laying this
4.10 Naas, Front View around 2.78, laying.

Good luck to all betting today.

Really shocked at the gamble on all for joy in the next. I layed @ 3.5/6 but @ 2.88 I have to go in again. I was thinking it wanted a bit more that 2m and also I thought Leopardstown really suited the horse.

Again, in the 4.10 I'm very surprised Front View is so low at around 2.26. I already layed @ 2.68/2.72'ish. I've went it again and layed at the shorter odds. 2nd @ 13/8 on it's last start and I thought it was under priced that day. In today's race I really like Zambezir and I had hopefully a bet to nothing at 4/1 - 7/2 but I'll just be very happy if Front View gets turned over.

Hard to get too excited by racing atm but I’ve persuaded myself that Jessie will have a decent day today.

First bet of the day for me.

3.20 Punchestown, Global Racing. Odds are high enough at 4.2'ish at the minute but I've been told that the money isn't down today, so I've layed it regardless. If I can get on again at lower price in running I'll be laying it again.

Good luck to anyone betting today.

4.50 Punchestown, Cash for cats. Around 2.76 at the minute, I'm in the process of laying this. I have a feeling this could be a tricky horse to win with. First race ran over 2m 100yrds and was beaten 3 or so lenghts, then ran over 2m and went very close. I'm sure it will win over 2m in time but right now I feel 1m7f would be absolutely ideal for it. Laying this heavily today.

Two very solid lays Goat well played.

I've never done much laying of horses myself or backing at short prices but hopefully I'll be trying to take my punting to another level in around 12-18 months time and probably moving exclusively to Betfair so its something I'm probably going to have to get more comfortable with dealing with.

Two very solid lays Goat well played.

I've never done much laying of horses myself or backing at short prices but hopefully I'll be trying to take my punting to another level in around 12-18 months time and probably moving exclusively to Betfair so its something I'm probably going to have to get more comfortable with dealing with.

Thanks Danny.

There was a time I never used to lay, around 2003'ish. Even when we had a syndicate going and horses running I used to either back or nothing at all. We used to bet exclusively with bar one racing, and they would take our bets no matter how big and I'd imagine they would trade off. Over the course of a year, I done my facts and figures on backing and laying at shorter odds and the percentage on profits were fairly bigger so I changed my betting approach totally. There was some good times, a family member of mine had a guest house in Kildare, and a lot of jockeys would stay there around the flat season and we'd ask if they fancied their chances, if they said no, we'd lay etc..

That horse today, Global Racing. I had an idea it would trade shorter in running, I stuck in a lay at 3.0, it actually went as low as 1.83 I think it was for small money but a few grand traded at 2.0 but the way it is currently with scraps of racing it's nice to make a bit of profit.

Good luck in your future betting endeavours!

Last edited:
Nice to be back. :thumbsup:
Rainbow Dreamer (3.30S) hs been a good and consistent flat horse in his time, culminating in a close up 4th in the Ascot Stakes at at the Royal meeting.
Been in the doldrums a bit since then, but it's significant that his trainer travels him to the synthetics track with the deepest surface for his AW debut, and the headgear has been re-applied that's been missing for 2 recent, inauspicious runs.
Taken the 7/1 with B365.

2.40 Plumpton, I backed 2 in the race, I had a decent lay on the fav good man pat around 1.89 and I'll be very happy if the fav gets beat. I had a few quid win on midnight tune at around 3.0 too, be nice if both came in but if the fav gets done I'll be very very happy!

Last edited:
Nice to be back. :thumbsup:
Rainbow Dreamer (3.30S) hs been a good and consistent flat horse in his time, culminating in a close up 4th in the Ascot Stakes at at the Royal meeting.
Been in the doldrums a bit since then, but it's significant that his trainer travels him to the synthetics track with the deepest surface for his AW debut, and the headgear has been re-applied that's been missing for 2 recent, inauspicious runs.
Taken the 7/1 with B365.

Good shout Reet.

1.25 Kelso, Dream Du Grand Val, around 1.5. I've backed this to win heavily all morning. For me this is my biggest bet since at least October. The horse was given an easy time at Cheltenham back in November, then hosed in next time out, rated 133 in bad novice race. To me it can't get beat barring accidents and it jumps well.

1.45 Leicester, Edgar, I'm not liking this horse at all, had a fairly decent lay on it, around 2.72 currently. Dog of a horse to win with and to me it needs really really soft or near heavy to win. With mostly good today and a bit of soft I'm laying.

1.55 Kelso, My Old Gold. Really liking this horse, backed/backing it to win., 2.1/2.14'ish. Rated 127, which I feel is about right. Stayed on over 3m last time but looking at the race I think the small drop back to 2m7 will be ideal. Novice race but the horse jumps soundly.

Muntazah (3.30 Meyd) would have shaken Heavy Metal up in last year's Carnival if not baulked when making his run, and likewise would have beat Kimbear recently with anything like a clear passage, yet is available at almost 3X the price (11/2 in places) of either and looks a good bet to turn both over.

Muntazah (3.30 Meyd) would have shaken Heavy Metal up in last year's Carnival if not baulked when making his run, and likewise would have beat Kimbear recently with anything like a clear passage, yet is available at almost 3X the price (11/2 in places) of either and looks a good bet to turn both over.

:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back