What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Royal Birth 3.45L has beaten a number of these in his last 2 C/D runs and a 2lb rise for his latest win should make little difference around here
Poor draw, but he's a hold-up horse anyway, and the current 6/1 (b365) looks more than fair.

Last edited:
One last (I hope) one this morning.

Kelso - 15:00:00 - Some Chaos - 9/2
Other horses are flashy, this goes up in weight but is solid in performing and seems to finish well – Bookies showing about five horses around the same price. Blue Flight early favourite.

3.15 Newbury
Outofthisworld almost qualifies for the long shot thread being available at 18/1 with Betvictor. Can be forgiven the run last time having slipped up early on and looks decent value on earlier form. Hopefully a winner for Noel Fehily in his final ride on terrestrial TV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Flashjack looks something to bet on at bangor but one can only hope the jockey watched the first 2 races. The stupidity of jockeys giving horses a 20 length easy lead on this ground baffles me......Wouldn't be so bad if the jockeys in the 2nd had taken note of what happened in the first but Nope!! Duh!!!

Other horses are flashy, this goes up in weight but is solid in performing and seems to finish well – Bookies showing about five horses around the same price. Blue Flight early favourite.

Nice shout

:thumbsup:

Ling 4:55 Widnes - He hinted at having ability the past of couple of seasons, though couldn't quite deliver on the promise he showed. Now returns after a wind operation and a recent break; seems to be on a very handy mark too.

Not "ride of the month" was it.

Fifty P on fire.

I was blessed by the favourite being withdrawn in the Thurles 5:15/it being R4ed, which I'd have had money on if the odds weren't so short. If it wasn't for that and my BOG I'd be down today, by about 7pts.

All that being said I'll still be breaking out the nice whiskey (which I do often) and a cigar (far less often.)

Last edited:
Marble hope you was on your old m8 there at Exeter, Trans Express :) , third part of a yankee , just santemilon left [emoji85]

Sent from my SM-J701F using Tapatalk

Marble hope you was on your old m8 there at Exeter, Trans Express :) , third part of a yankee , just santemilon left [emoji85]

Great stuff Tiny with Saintemilion obliging for you. I managed to back Trans Express who I think has now won 5 times over C&D. He’s been a real good one to follow for me.

Santem threw it away then came back stronger, awful aftertiming on the other 3 , apols - 11/4 but 25p rule 4, 8/1 , 8/1 and santem finished at 4/1 - whenever I get these rarities it's always just a quick 15 minute scan. Ponder for hours and usually get nowt

Last edited:

Nah been busy with other stuff mate. All about Aintree meeting, Grand National, etc. Then moving on.

I like the Aintree festival, sure I mentioned it b4 on here but if underwhelming at chelt festival then they do well at Aintree festival - I usually have a disaster at chelts but pick up the pieces at Aintree following this simple rule

A light afternoon, especially given Midnight Midge was withdrawn from the 16:15, the race I was most looking forward to.

Wincanton - 15:15 - Nightfly - 5/1 - 2pts
One poor, one good showing in bigger prize race. Hasn’t proven itself over 2m4f but on similar ground over 2m3f has done well. Depends on whether it gets to race it’s own race and the effect of the weight.

Wincanton - 15:45 - Findusatgorcombe - 5/2 - 2pts
Always in mix in chases, drier ground might suit despite step in weight. Another horse is tipped so potentially good odds, though doubtful.

Findusatgorcombe I wanted better odds for, but just caved at what was offered. Partly due to an empty looking afternoon, but also because the market can't be completely wrong on everything. One of my big betting problems is not taking horses at shorter odds. My evaluation goes out the window with me thinking their chances, partly due to variance, can never be as good as the short odds show. This, in a way, is me trying to overcome that a little. We'll see how it plays out.

Lingfield 2:00..Shug with first time cheekpieces on looks the best bet. Lovely weight too.

Coolagh Magic 3.35W, anticipated the start in similar class over this c/d latest, and was left a mountain to climb as a consequence.
Last entering the straight, he then had to be switched outside before finishing with a real rattle.
Looks a solid bet to put the record straight today.
11/4 will do nicely.

Last edited:
Early shout out for the Magnolia Stakes at Kempton on Saturday

Think the 7-1 [Betfred] is big for last years winner ​Fabricate

3.00 Doncaster, Can't be many horses who go for a repeat win in a race 6 years apart but i do think that 10 yo Gabrial has a chance of doing it. Only ever runs once a year at Donny at this Lincoln meeting but has a record of 1, this race, 1 Lincoln and 44 both Lincoln all over the straight mile. Entered in the Lincoln again this year where would have had to carry top weight and 9-10. Think Fahey has made the right move running him in this race and at current 12/1 looks a good EW bet against the odds on fav, Will be a Remarkable training performance if O'Meara can get that horse ready after 1 1/2 years off.

Reckon David Elsworth had this race in mind when he sent Ripp Orf (Lincoln) for his only run north of Newmarket, to this track, last backend.
Done most of his racing over 7f, but always looked a horse who needs further, and has the pedigree to suit. This stiff 1m test should prove right up his street and @ 12/1 (5 places) will do nicely for me.
Forbidden Planet (3.15K) had his hardest race latest simply down to lack of pace in the race and, though beaten a nk by a winning machine, he's probably appreciably better than his currrrent mark makes him appear. With pace virtually guaranteed, looks a rock solid bet at the current 4/1.
Over at Meydan (4.00) Ryan Moore travels for just one ride on Magic Wand, and I've taken the hint at 5/1.

Nice to see Flat racing back with a bang. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
He'd got 3 on RP jockey bookngs earlier, but 2 of them wren't running?
Nothing surprises, given the source.

Nice winner with Forbidden Planet Reet Hard won easily, Old Gabrial got a place as usual, would have been closer with a clear run without troubling the winner, still doubled my stake with 1/4 odds at 12/1.
Fabricate drifted alarmingly before the off placebacker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back