What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
With more rain forecast for Chester, I'd expect proper soft ground by racetime. I'd also expect Wild Edric 4.35, to relish the change and have taken prices from 7/2 upwards.

The Chester going will likely be soft again today, which will suit Lincoln Park 3.00 admirably. Ran a cracker latest in a hot Musselburgh h'cap on ground the faster side of good.
Has a good draw for a prominent racer too, so is well worth a bet @ the current 11/2. (7/1 earlier)

Soft ground again Friday; Frankuus ran his best race since joining David O'Meara when giving weight and hunting up King's Advice (Hardwicke Stakes entry) latest.
Acts on the ground, and the drop back in trip won't do him any harm in the likely bog tomorrow.
5/1 in a few places, though I can't see that lasting.

Good shooting reet - 3.00c !

Only just read this but was on it too 5s

Sent from my SM-J701F using Tapatalk

In the Chester Cup I have the fav, Austrian School, as extremely unlikely to last home. Conversely, a fast ground Cesarewitch wasn't far enough for Cleonte so today's conditions look ideal.
In good form, acts on the ground, well drawn, well handicapped, with jockey and connections on fire, there's little not to like about his chances, and I make him a rock solid bet at the current 11/2 (BOG) in many places.

Anybody want paddock n grandstand tickets for haydock today - not going n got 2 tickets - pdfs

The Chester going will likely be soft again today, which will suit Lincoln Park 3.00 admirably. Ran a cracker latest in a hot Musselburgh h'cap

Politicise 16.55h from same race, skinny 11/8 , but taking it

3.10 Haydock
Leoncavallo can go well here at 14/1 generally. No disgrace finishing 5th behind Verdana Blue at Ayr when giving lumps of weight to those around him. I fancied this one strongly for the aborted Tote Gold Trophy at Newbury (can’t remember what it’s called these days) but think the ground had gone against him anyway. He was also running well in the County Hurdle on ground that wasn’t ideal when a mistake 2 out did for him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3.10 Haydock
Leoncavallo can go well here at 14/1 generally. No disgrace finishing 5th behind Verdana Blue at Ayr when giving lumps of weight to those around him. I fancied this one strongly for the aborted Tote Gold Trophy at Newbury (can’t remember what it’s called these days) but think the ground had gone against him anyway. He was also running well in the County Hurdle on ground that wasn’t ideal when a mistake 2 out did for him

Pulled hard for the first half mile so hardly surprising he didn’t finish his race [emoji20]

3/1 not a bad price on Oh This Is Us tonight in the 6:50 at Windsor. Top rated in the field. Could be great value.

Last edited:
My jockey went too soon. More patience required next time. Different ride, different result. You had the brawn, but Sousa had the brains.

Last edited:
Was u on Jacob black today marble,was going to be a max last time it ran.i had it in a £5 e.way double with Celtic artisan.

Last time it ran,sure it was u who mentioned a max bet regarding this horse.sorry if I got u mixed up with someone else.anyways someone on here put it up.

Kamikaze Lord has been plotted for the big handicap at Newmarket tomorrow. See what price I'm offered later.

Nb 1.50
Koncheck ew 12/1 generally.

Lockinge
Without Parole 11/1 in places.

Both solid ew bets, imo.

Had done a full write up of the rationale, but Firefox decided to chew it up.

The Tin Man has won Windsor's Lstd sprint (6.30) twice in recent years but, at the weights, there's just 1lb between him and Commonwealth Cup 3rd Emblazoned. Ran to similar mark on his recent return, but that was after nearly 12 months off and on less suitable ground.
Progress expected again today, and the general 3/1 looks generous. N/R

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back