What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Kitten 7.45K got involved in a pace battle from a long way out latest (other protagonist hung out to dry). Dropped in class over what's probably a more suitable distance, he's expected to make amends today.
5/2 generally.

Good Luck

7.00 Ripon-Gylo

Each Way @ 10-1 [Bet 365] BOG

Looks a hard ride but booking of Tudhope could address that

There is some good money about in the betting market for Landue, (7:45 Kempton), who is still young enough as a 4yo to put in another bold performance. The 12/1 doesn't look like it'll last much longer.

Last edited:
4.30 Hamilton-Galloway Hills

Each Way @ 14-1 [William Hill] 4 Places

New trainer has made a promising start

Agincourt 7.05, has run her best 2 races latest but, in both of them, showed 7f was hardly far enough.
The return to 1m should show her in a better light, this evening.
4/1 generally.

Another 2nd today - ho hum.:whistle:
Puds 7.35G had to be switched twice when runner-up in a much better race latest. This looks easier.
Took 7/2 earlier (B365) but 3/1 looks the best available at the mo.

Morning

6.10 Bath-Blowing Dixie

Each Way @ 10-1 [888 Sport] BOG

He is better than negative form figures suggest

Another 2nd today - ho hum.:whistle:
Puds 7.35G had to be switched twice when runner-up in a much better race latest. This looks easier.
Took 7/2 earlier (B365) but 3/1 looks the best available at the mo.

Another darn 2nd; probably done by the change in the ground. Cést la vie. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Though he's only had 5 races Spirit Ridge 2.45N has always looked a stayer in the making (holds Northumberland Plate entry) so wouldn't have been helped at all by the steady early pace in his latest run. Today'extra 2f should be right up his alley.
5/1 generally.

Last edited:
Though he's only had 5 races Spirit Ridge 2.45N has always looked a stayer in the making (holds Northumberland Plate entry) so wouldn't have been helped at all by the steady early pace in his latest run. Today'extra 2f should be right up his alley.
5/1 generally.

I'm going to take you on Reet with THEGLASGOWWARRIOR 11/1.took a long time to assert last time and extra distance in its favour I would think.
Also today SPANISH CITY 355nm 9/2.

I'm going to take you on Reet with THEGLASGOWWARRIOR 11/1.took a long time to assert last time and extra distance in its favour I would think.
Also today SPANISH CITY 355nm 9/2.

Maybe we should do f/c - with mine to finish 2nd?:)

Unusual bet for me, but I can't resist a lttle tickle on Early Summer 3.40G.
First time in a handicap, but this well-bred filly (cost 105,000 guineas) is a half sister to Aurora Gray, which Hughie Morrison also trained to finish 2nd in a couple of valuable handicaps at this track. Stayed well and handled soft ground too.
Took 7/1 in a few places earlier, though it's shortening at the mo.

edit
5's and shorter now - hope it's stable money. :D

Last edited:
Two at Perth today

2.45 Quest for Life
Has to defy an 8lb rise for his win last time out but this horse looks progressive and that may be lenient

4.25 Van Gogh du Granit
A bad blunder 5 or 6 out last time put him on the back foot and he ended up getting outstayed by a very well handicapped Minella Daddy. Can make amends over this slightly shorter trip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two at Perth today

2.45 Quest for Life
Has to defy an 8lb rise for his win last time out but this horse looks progressive and that may be lenient

4.25 Van Gogh du Granit
A bad blunder 5 or 6 out last time put him on the back foot and he ended up getting outstayed by a very well handicapped Minella Daddy. Can make amends over this slightly shorter trip

Both 2nd. To be fair Quest for Life was well beaten and probably booked for 3rd behind the ill-fated Sunsetstorise (awful to see and gutted for connections) but hard to watch Van Gogh du Granit refusing to go past one I’d dismissed as a non-stayer.
And I forgot to back Mr Adjudicator who I put up in the long shot thread last time.

Not a great day [emoji18][emoji25]

Little obvious pace in the 7.35 @ Ponte, which might just allow My Reward to boss the race in the same manner he did last year - when winning this off 8lbs higher.
25/1 generally; with 3 places, should the dead 8 remain.

Last edited:
Little obvious pace in the 7.35 @ Ponte, which might just allow My Reward to boss the race in the same manner he did last year - when winning this off 8lbs higher.
25/1 generally; with 3 places, should the dead 8 remain.

Field held up, and the horse held on for 3rd. Hopefully, a sign the worm's turning. :)

3.55 Chepstow-Vimy Ridge

Each Way @ 18-1 [Bet Victor] BOG

Can be hard ride but I like the apprentice who is on top today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back