What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The run of 2nds continues.:whistle:
Want to take on Bowerman tomorrow (4.05 Sal) as, though he won easily lto & 3 times over 1m, they've generally been steadily run contests (bbv in the only 1 that wasn't) he's always looked a speed horse, and might struggle over this stiff 8f with the likely strong pace.
I'll take him on with Crownthorpe who won a c/d contest more cosily than the form suggests latest, and run at pace much more akin to that expected here.
6/1 generally.

Edited to add:
Little doubt the fav is a speed horse. He has 3 future entries (all valuable h/caps) 2 over 7f and 1 around Goodwood's sharp !m. If the predicted pace materealises today, I reckon he's no 15/8 shot.

:surrender:
Unbelievable; horse went a yard, then the jockey went over his head - with the fav beaten over a furlong out.

ps Just heard from B365 they've refunded my stake, God bless 'em.:adore:

Last edited:
8.40 Chester-Sparkle In His Eye @ 7-2 [Bet 365] BOG

Hope he is worth the wait for this in form combo

The surface at Newcastle is riding quite slow, owing to the warm sun melting the wax in the tapeta (thanks, Simon Mapletoft) making races more of a test than usual. This should suit Merhoob ideally in the 6.35. Basically a 6f horse, he's run some blinders over 5f when given a proper test (such as his fast finishing 3rd to Kachy in the recent AW final).
10/1 currently, though was as big as 22/1 last evening.

Look at the price of Cotubanama in the 2:10 at Windsor today.

Only a three year old, won a healthy 28K so far. Only on a mark of 75.

I've always believed that to win on different grounds (e.g heavy, firm,) you have to be a half decent horse.

I can't be putting more than a token bet on it each way at 25/1 each way. Good value nevertheless.

Last edited:
Cartmel 2.35
Wells de Lune has been given a chance here by the handicapper. He clearly loves this place having notched up a four-timer here last summer. Recent form hasn’t been great hence the handicap fall but it wasn’t anything special before last year’s exploits and he’s worth an each way poke at 18/1 with Lads paying 4 places (boosted to 20/1)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top picking sir. Thanks very much!!

Cheers fella. About time I had a decent winner after a wretched Royal Ascot where four or five placed efforts were all I had to show

Cartmel 2.35
Wells de Lune has been given a chance here by the handicapper. He clearly loves this place having notched up a four-timer here last summer. Recent form hasn’t been great hence the handicap fall but it wasn’t anything special before last year’s exploits and he’s worth an each way poke at 18/1 with Lads paying 4 places (boosted to 20/1)

:thumbsup:

Cartmel 2.35

Well done mate.it was one of those horses that seemed to want backing and unfortunately I didnt.
Mind you,I didnt see your post.

3.30 Pontefract-Burnage Boy

Each Way @ 18-1 [Bet 365] BOG

Looks a horse connections have been messing around with..

Three for Mussburgh.

2:00 Brahma Kamal
3:00 Elite Icon
3:30 Jacob Black

75P win patent = 5.75p

Last edited:
6.10 Bath-Pastfact

Each Way @ 12-1 [Skybet] BOG

If bouncing back to form it will be on this course

2.20 Sandown Fri.
Can't split Liberty Beach and Makyon for this, but it does look a fairly safe dual forecast so I've done it, at a fraction over 5/1 with B365.

Baashiq...is nailed on in the lucky last at Sandown on Friday, me thinkz.:)

Last edited:
Good luck

4.35 Sandown-Ship Of The Fen @ 2-1 [Skybet] BOG

Looks another decent handicapper for Ian Williams

Tinto can win the first at Sandown. Al Raya looks good in the second.
A win double looks the bet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back