What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
On form I'd much rather be with the Dascombe horse but that's assuming it's trained on - far less certain at this age than say a 3 to 4yo.

I really like Thehillofuisneach but when your looking for you first winner of the festival in the Pertemps final you might be best passing!

Worried by the drift on the Dascombe horse and money for Performing Pocket bodes well for his chances. As you Heartsong isn't out of it either and 15/2 in a 4 horse race looks very big to me about a horse with solid enough course form.

Worried by the drift on the Dascombe horse and money for Performing Pocket bodes well for his chances. As you Heartsong isn't out of it either and 15/2 in a 4 horse race looks very big to me about a horse with solid enough course form.

i'm feeling confident of the lay..famous last words:p

I've had a pretty good week, for me anyway, but looking at trends there is a stand out bet in the GC - Quel Esprit (13/2 without LR and KS - Betfred) so the 100 quid I'm up is going on this.

Hope everyone is having similar good fortune - MR2

The blood is still up - Almaada in the 8:00 at Dundalk 3/1 -
Del reckons Giving Orders in the 7:00 there too - We will get out yet!!!

Monsieur Pontaven a big E/W price in the 20:20 Wolverhampton with the blinkers re-applied, has run well off this mark in the past and under this jockey. Think he's worth chancing at 20/1.

Martin

Tamarinbleu has age going against him, but at 25/1 he looks a bet in the Midlands National, simply on his last run when finishing 3rd in a Pertemps qualifier at Haydock over hurdles.

The winner that day finished 3rd in the Albert Bartlet and Alfie Sherrin, Cape Tribulation and Sunnyhill Boy, also used that race as a prep. I just hope the run continues.

Tamarinbleu has age going against him, but at 25/1 he looks a bet in the Midlands National, simply on his last run when finishing 3rd in a Pertemps qualifier at Haydock over hurdles.

The winner that day finished 3rd in the Albert Bartlet and Alfie Sherrin, Cape Tribulation and Sunnyhill Boy, also used that race as a prep. I just hope the run continues.

Tamarinbleu is surely keeping the weight down for Master Overseer?

Insane week -delighted to hit the front at such a late stage:
.Didn't.back a single winner but ahead on the
week-delighted.

Tamarinbleu is surely keeping the weight down for Master Overseer?

Probably Harry, but plenty of second strings have won before. If that was simply the case, I'd expect him to be pulled out for some reason on a sc, like the jonjo horse being withdrawn.

Unless it's avoiding another stablemate getting top weight, that policy can be counter productive, as it's also keeping the weight down for the rest of the field.

Only other reason is maybe the horse was on the small side, or best carrying low weight in the better h/caps.

Tamarinbleu has questions to answer, but has no National entry and simply looked a price on the basis of his last race.

Forgot to mention jockey is 3/8 over fences this season. Small sample but a decent strike rate, even if achieved at a lower level.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back