What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
4:50 Kempton - Reignier - 20/1 E/W

A useful juvenile who broke his maiden and finished runner up in the Norfolk stakes. Three year old career was spent putting decent efforts in, in listed, G3 and decent handicap company - without quite managing to get home in front. Four year old career mostly disappointing but maybe found level winning a c3 handicap over 7f at Haydock. Last run of the season was first on all-weather when hampered in-running at Deauville. Started off 5 year-old career on AW, failing to hold off challenge of the field in c4. Seems to come on for the run, winning 2to at 2, 2nd in listed company 2to at 3 and only win at 4 coming one week after returning from a 3 month break.

Today runs in a fairly ropey looking class3 7f handicap, where one of the 6/1 joint-favs finished 19th and 29th in last two runs. Races off 90, 10lb lower than finished last season. Previously won off 90 and listed placed off 98.

Speculative.

done yours to place..think Greensward will win so having a dabble on it

Surprised they didn't make more use of it. Never settled back there, got shuffled back and didn't find anything. Woof.

2012-03-19
17:53 231766224 2012-03-19
17:16 Horse Racing - To Win
Frederick William, Welcome Approach
Back 5.00 191.83 Won - 954.15 964.15

Putting half on topping up Apollo Derby and other half Nephrite Guineas.

Last edited:
Nice one EC1.

Dream Performance in the 3:00 at Exeter tomorrow looks the best bet of the day to me.

Won first time in a handicap hurdle last time, the third has come out and won since, and he looks well capable of defying the 8 pound rise.The Henderson horse in the race will ensure there's some liquidity in the market, hopefully meaning my fancy will go off a decent price.

If the top weight was trained by Martin Pipe I'd make it a certainty, as it happens David trains it so I'm not half as confident. The old days of Pipe/McCoy firing in these types are long gone now, couldn't back it at short prices.

Last edited:
I was really taken by Quaspal's lastrun. He was as big as a barn door and although Mush Mir is handy , AP should win this as he likes. IMVHO backed up by a few quid

Can't really see why Newport Arch (4.50 South) isn't favourite for this. Might not have been much of a race he won lto, but he did beat 2 recent winners & had it shot to bits from a long way out.
11/2's gone, but still plenty of 5's available.

I was really taken by Quaspal's lastrun. He was as big as a barn door and although Mush Mir is handy , AP should win this as he likes. IMVHO backed up by a few quid

Tanlic
Either learn to spell, or put the race times in, would you, my old bean?:)

(3.30 Exeter, for others daft enough to listen to him).

Last edited:
Unlucky EC - he was well in but just ran into one, they were miles clear of the third (probably worth another go NTO)

yes just couldn't get to it

on a dire day..just going to lay Naburn in the 5.25..trading at 2.46....i think Flaminco will beat it and also have a couple of others that wouldn't need a lot to beat it..looks a poor fav to me

also in the 5.35..Gold Ingot needs laying at 2.18..billersley or kayserberg can beat it

Last edited:
Phoned my mate ( who's son works in Swinbank's yard ) about Naburn. They said they weren't sure, as didn't know how good the others were.

Phoned my mate ( who's son works in Swinbank's yard ) about Naburn. They said they weren't sure, as didn't know how good the others were.

cheers Dave..some unknowns for sure and Flamingo is better on what they have actually done imo..its evens now which is way too short

cheers Dave..some unknowns for sure and Flamingo is better on what they have actually done imo..its evens now which is way too short

Ewart, trainer of Lord Wishes, has said the follwoing after his debut win:

"A nice horse that I'm inclined to wrap up for next season. If I did run him again it would only be if I were 100 per cent sure he could win with a penalty. Still weak and a summer will help him a lot."

They think a lot of him, but it's obviously going to be hard to win with the penalty. I really fancy him though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back