What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
After doing my EW dough on an unlucky Seal Rock I am now burdening Feeling Fresh in the 5:30 at York with the 2 stone penalty of my hard earned. He has already drifted to 12/1 after my bet.:o

not sure the draw mattered..seal rock would have gone close without trouble..also drawn low

I backed Seal Rock and I don't believe he was unlucky -I believe that conditions were just a little bit too quick for him.
I will be having a nice bet on him next time when I would imagine the trainer will be looking for a stiffer track and ground that isn't as fast as today.

I backed Seal Rock and I don't believe he was unlucky -I believe that conditions were just a little bit too quick for him.
I will be having a nice bet on him next time when I would imagine the trainer will be looking for a stiffer track and ground that isn't as fast as today.

have you seen the head on?

he was very unlucky...i think 99% of peole would view it that way as well

the best bit is he wasn' ever put under pressure today and is a winner without a penalty

The reason I don't view him as unlucky is that he didn't possess the tactical pace to get out of trouble under today's conditions.

The reason I don't view him as unlucky is that he didn't possess the tactical pace to get out of trouble under today's conditions.

when a horse gets knocked sideways in front of you..its not tactical speed you need..more like a magic carpet

not sure i agree with you Luke..he got cut up real bad..but would partly agree he didn't come rushing through the gap before it closed

seemed to get outpaced then stay on to me..as said..jockey never touched him..which seems odd in a valuable race like that

Laying Canford Cliffs

Tom Quealy - top jockey

Cecil & Hannon - top trainer

Thirsk 1:45 Rooknrasbryripple to win - Channon has won with his only two runners he's entered for this race.

when a horse gets knocked sideways in front of you..its not tactical speed you need..more like a magic carpet

not sure i agree with you Luke..he got cut up real bad..but would partly agree he didn't come rushing through the gap before it closed

seemed to get outpaced then stay on to me..as said..jockey never touched him..which seems odd in a valuable race like that

I only seen this race last night and tend to agree with LUKE on this one. However, another factor I felt affected him is that he was racing out on his own really. When the horse came up on his outside he seemed to latch on.

One for another day, perhaps with a rail draw, or at least in amonst them.

I only seen this race last night and tend to agree with LUKE on this one. However, another factor I felt affected him is that he was racing out on his own really. When the horse came up on his outside he seemed to latch on.

One for another day, perhaps with a rail draw, or at least in amonst them.

I am convinced he would have at least been second and may have given the winner a fright. If you look at his previous run at Newmarket - he battled on well there...

I think the foreign horses sometimes get overlooked, hence I've had a bit on the Wesley Ward horses win and place, the Japanese horse ew without Frankel, and Overdose to place.

I fancy Junior to win the Ascot Stakes again, and have also put him in a reverse forecast with Plymouth Rock.

I have no bet in the first race, I'm just going to sit back and enjoy it. Best of luck to all.

i'm going to have to back Monsieur Chevalier for old times sake,..i remember highlighting his Folkestone mdn win as very fast on the clock..seems like a long time ago

and Overdose of course:)

Last edited:
So Peslier put up 2 pounds overweight it seems. How much of a difference that would have made I'm not sure. What a numpty.

I'm having 2 bets today neither one do I expect to collect on.

Simpsom Millar - small e/way because I have to back my own horse.

Sri Pekan - Have backed this at massive odds and laid it off in running at 20's - This horse by Oasis Dream will love this trip and track and I can see him looking threatening at some stage before being beaten.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back