What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good claimer on board not without his chance.. I have backed Ericht simply because BG likes him,

Will put him in a small ew dble with shes got grit as this horse beat Orpheus Valley LTO and he also won yesterday both 8s

A horse that catches my eye today is Flippant in the 3.55 Chepstow. The Haggis stable appear to be in form, 7-16 at 44% in the last two weeks and he has only ever run two horses in 3yo handicaps at Chepstow before, both of which won.

The Romford Pele 14/1 Punchestown 4:20

Highly competitive novice handicap chase this. A few popped up on my tracker - Sizing Gold, Ericht & The Romford Pele.

I can make a solid case for a good few in here and a few of you guys above have already done that.

But The Romford Pele is due! He has to be! And I can't desert him now.
The form is there, it's in the book! Oct & Nov - earlier this season. Less than 1 length 2nd behind Balder Success - best 2m Novice chaser around this season imo.
Then only 3 Lengths 2nd behind - Taquin Du Seuil - the Best 2m4f Novice chaser this season.

These were both off level weights and on good ground over 2m4f trip.
Today he's getting loads of weight ........

Also - before Cheltenham he was 2nd in a race to Edmund Keane,but Prize pot was only £5k - and they Didn't want to spoil his Handicap mark so close to Cheltenham Festival. So I can forgive that. Then when missed the festival he went for a £20k Handicap Chase. Admittedly he ran and jumped poorly this day when he had an claiming apprentice jockey on board. Then after that they tried him back over hurdles in a £12k race where again was average. The fact today's race is 60k means they should at least DEFINITELY be trying.

I'm hoping a return to fences today will spark the form shown in October and November. He has his ground and there appears to be a few bob about for him. Was 16/1 everywhere this morning. As short as 8/1 with one bookie! 12/1 most places now but still 14/1 available with a few.

Not the Romford Pele again DH!!!!!
I suppose my cliff horse Hardians Approach won, so let's hope he obliges for you

Last edited:
The Romford Pele 14/1 Punchestown 4:20

Highly competitive novice handicap chase this. A few popped up on my tracker - Sizing Gold, Ericht & The Romford Pele.

I can make a solid case for a good few in here and a few of you guys above have already done that.

But The Romford Pele is due! He has to be! And I can't desert him now.
The form is there, it's in the book! Oct & Nov - earlier this season. Less than 1 length 2nd behind Balder Success - best 2m Novice chaser around this season imo.
Then only 3 Lengths 2nd behind - Taquin Du Seuil - the Best 2m4f Novice chaser this season.

These were both off level weights and on good ground over 2m4f trip.
Today he's getting loads of weight ........

Also - before Cheltenham he was 2nd in a race to Edmund Keane,but Prize pot was only £5k - and they Didn't want to spoil his Handicap mark so close to Cheltenham Festival. So I can forgive that. Then when missed the festival he went for a £20k Handicap Chase. Admittedly he ran and jumped poorly this day when he had an claiming apprentice jockey on board. Then after that they tried him back over hurdles in a £12k race where again was average. The fact today's race is 60k means they should at least DEFINITELY be trying.

I'm hoping a return to fences today will spark the form shown in October and November. He has his ground and there appears to be a few bob about for him. Was 16/1 everywhere this morning. As short as 8/1 with one bookie! 12/1 most places now but still 14/1 available with a few.

Townnend on, cheeckpieces on
Yes , good price, worth the chance.

I knew it, knew it, leave the door open just a tad, in he come without knocking!
If Geraghty was riding today Jezki would be my one big bet of the meeting.

Maybe he followed instructions but AP hasn't ridden him to the best of his abilities this season. Small bet to keep the faith (aftertime alert) just as I did on his brother yesterday.

How about a bottle of bubbly on the result whenever we meet up? Especially if that were to be in Lidl's.

I knew it, knew it, leave the door open just a tad, in he come without knocking!
If Geraghty was riding today Jezki would be my one big bet of the meeting.

Maybe he followed instructions but AP hasn't ridden him to the best of his abilities this season. Small bet to keep the faith (aftertime alert) just as I did on his brother yesterday.

How about a bottle of bubbly on the result whenever we meet up? Especially if that were to be in Lidl's.

Deal.....to be settled Tuesday March 10th 2015, at 12:30pm in the Mandarin Bar - assuming it hasn't been bulldozed!

NABATEAN 3.50 Chepstow 10/1

Balding has a near 22% strike rate here, However, when teaming up with David Probert, that record is enhanced to 37% (15/41) only ride for the two together today, Gelded over the winter too.

Another Anadin e/w punt :lol:

Last edited:
NABATEAN 3.50 Chepstow 10/1

Balding has a near 22% strike rate here, However, when teaming up with David Probert, that record is enhanced to 37% (15/41) only ride for the two together today, Gelded over the winter too.

Another Anadin e/w punt :lol:

Good place, tried getting on paddy power mobile price kept changing and wouldn't let me on in time, was 9/2 by the time it would finally let me on, not worth the ew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good place, tried getting on paddy power mobile price kept changing and wouldn't let me on in time, was 9/2 by the time it would finally let me on, not worth the ew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry should of posted earlier, as I took price first thing this morn, and only got back in just before... next time.....

Sorry should of posted earlier, as I took price first thing this morn, and only got back in just before... next time.....

Indeed, not your fault mate, I could have got 7's still, just everytime I went to place bet it brought up that daft price alert up instead of just letting me place it at the revised price (6's) and by the time it sorted itself out it was 9/2 haha.

PP are gangsters.... They're too shrewd!

No coincidence it took time to 'sort itself out' to the 'revised' lowest possible price!!!

Gangsters!

Tout Seul

Singles, doubles and Treble with the Champion Hurdler. off to a good start 14/1.

I think the word you're looking for is...

KKKKKKKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brilliant stuff, TS!!

Last edited:
Red Lady for Brian Meehan and Jimmy Fortune must go well with a handy five pound drop in the weights off 83 today in 4:25 Newmarket.

Ran a stinker first time up last season (9/9) in a maiden before winning her following maiden at 25/1 by four lengths in May 2013.
Disappointed somewhat since that win, but very interesting Meehan is bringing her out early and stepping Red Lady up in grade from last class 3 outing, who all known form probably doesn't warrant that yet. 20/1 is worth speculating me thinks. :)

Last edited:
Unlucky Fonz! I had the race I speculated in between Nova Champ, (first time cheekpieces), and Red Lady. Needless to say, I went for the wrong one.

A very poor spell I'm having now, I'd settle for four seconds pal, but I can sympathise with you anyway :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back