What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck

3.30 Haydock

Fancy a couple of outsiders, so 1pt win on both @ BOG

Ifandbutwhynot @ 12-1 [William Hill] & Barizan @ 12-1 [Bet 365]

For me to be backing the winner of the Swinton Hurdle I'll have to go back to the form I was in between 1979 and 1990 when it seemed much easier. Horses like No Bombs/Jonjo Corporal Clinger/Pipe Gay Chance ?Rimmel/ Sybillin/Fitzy and John Quinn winning it for Bill Elsey gave me some great pay days.........Since then I haven't backed another winner and I make a point of placing my losing bet every year.

I've had a look and without one ounce of confidence am having another go.

The once highly thought of Swing Bowler may well bounce back to form here. He's been running well without winning but unless he has suddenly improved there's no question of a Pipe plot as he's been running in races too good to pass over to be laid out for this.

He's a tad too high in the weights for my liking even with the allowance his rider gets.

Dubawi Island has 10st10lbs. He's a bit obvious having won all 3 of his runs over hurdles.

Paddy Brennan had a lot of horse under him 2 out when he finished runner up to him last time. Dubawi Island when asked the question instantly put lengths between himself and him approaching the last and although he made a complete hash of it won easily in the end.

He's a very classy individual who looks like one to follow and might just be thrown in here.

Current favourite Vibrato Valtat ran a big race in the Imperial Cup but I doubt if he has the potential of Dubawi Island who looks the more likely to improve.

Currently 7.4 on the machine I'll be surprised if he doesn't go off favourite here.

As I Am looks a rock solid place bet(4) at prices ranging between 3 and 3.5 in the race having won or been placed in his last 10 races.

Winner: Dubawi Island

Place: As I Am

The Victoria Cup (15:50 Ascot) is a bit of a crazy race to have a bet on, but have had a small e/w at 16/1 on Ayaar. Beautifully bred for the job, well drawn, and has a good a chance as any in the field, I would say?

GL today!

Well, nice surprise that, ran well behind the easy winner to finish 4th, which will do for me. Quite a bit of money for it too, 16/1 into 9/1.............

Slip Sliding Away (which is what I've been doing lately) can win the last.

Owned by a certain Mr Simon Holt, could this be the same Simon Holt I'm thinking of?

Gees, there's days I watch the racing and think, "I don't envy Simon Holt calling this". Haha, if it is him, hope he wins. Horse has a solid chance after a nice blowout last time:)

Last edited:
On his favoured ground, Catcall (3.55 Longchamp) should have too many guns for these. Needs precision delivering, but oughtn't be a problem from his outside draw.

Interesting card today at Longchamp.Adelaide was given a very confident ride when he won his maiden-he was also nicely supported in the market even though a stablemate was 1/3 on the morning of the race.I reckon he was a steering job that day and he is potentially the second best 3yo in Ballydoyle.If he has trained on I think he is a penalty kick today-the 5/2 on offer is a gift.

Feel like getting physically sick after that -doubled my bet,got the price badly wrong and think even though he finished second he might have been the best horse in the race.

In the 16:45 at Ludlow Twice Returned looks good for a decent run. Only managed to get 6/1; although I see slightly higher prices are available with some bookies.

Stars So Bright 3/1 in the 3:25 Leopardstown.

Very impressive at Dundalk on Debut.

Is the soft ground a positive or a negative considering the breeding?

The lack of support for the O'Brien & Weld horses makes me think SSB looks a fair bet at 3/1.

That's a tough one re. the ground, DH. On the sire's side just don't know, but the dam's side would be OK as Danehill's progeny seem to like a bit of cut in the ground. In fact, the old boy himself, Danehill, won twice over 6f on good-to-soft. Good luck with your bet!

Plumpton selections

3:30 Juicy Legend
4:00 Invicta Lake
4:30 Kastani Beach
5:00 Con Forza

If none of these win and another blank is reached I'm packing the game in, proving Marble was just a mere mortal :)

Last edited:
Cheers gents! Con Forza 8/1 good shout Marble, and Catcall was 'precisely delivered' for you RH, good call!

Yeah one is an improvement for me, well done... good to see you knocking them in. I saw Reet Hard's won well too

Last edited:
Musselburgh
2.30 Vinny Ridge e/way

Lingfield
3.30 Feisty Dragon e/way

Windsor
5.50 Lady Killa e/way ***** (recommended e/way betfair 3 places)
6.20 Lamorak e/way
6.50 Chinotto e/way
7.50 Mendacious Harpy e/way – Reaffirmed e/way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back