What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody have a stat on what R Hughes is on when riding for Godolphin
in the last month or so ? ,everything they put him up on seems to be winning.

1 booked ride for them at Salisbury tomorrow as well .

Today's guesses from me are all at Kempton:

The Steward, interesting breeding on this one with many a Maktoum and Godolphin horse coming out of Sire and the Dam's Sire. Won second time out and not a bad opening mark. shortish but worth a few quid.

Four Cheers - I like Clive Brittain's on handicap debut. This one showed decent speed before fading and now reduced in trip for debut. Fallon on board as well and a decent price for each way money

Enliven - Balding and Murphy becoming a decent team and was unlucky in running last time, not penalised and I think will improve.

A nice Patent given away to the bookies from me.

backed Life & Times last time when sandwiched between two well handicapped horses..hopefully get some back here in the 6.45..on at 6.8..now 5.5...so all its got to do is win now

Good luck EC, I knew I might as well have torn my ticket up when that Prescott horse got beat yesterday. I'll follow you in on the two above as I couldn't pick my nose at the moment.

Big Orange (3.50) quickened away from decent older horses lto, and should have too much speed for these, over this ground and distance.

3.40, of course.

Last edited:
Kakatosi in the first at Ascot, likes soft, in receipt of a few pounds over Scottish Glen from their run in the Winkworth dropping a class from lto. 20-1 e/w chance (4 places) DOH!

Last edited:
a laughable situation at Ascot...the ground is the same all day..but because they mistakenly called it wrong for the first race..that description stays in the formbook..whilst the others have mysteriously changed

Ascot 3:15....LOUIS THE PIOUS (NAP) can follow up his Ayr Gold Cup win here. I was taken by how O Meara selected him on C4 before the race as his best chance when he had two shorter in the market at the time. I sensed Louis The Pious was in good form. Might take a really smart one to stop him.

3:50.....BRAZOS E/W races from a 49 break and is a bit of a joke price. He won here at Ascot in May and ran well against Mustajeeb at the royal meeting, After a better performance last time against two solid group horses (Breton Rock and Gregorian) I'm happy to chance him at those prices.

Newmarket 2:20...Happy to go with OUTLAW COUNTRY for the in form Charlie Appleby yard.
Pat Smullen is an interesting jockey booking as well.

Last edited:
Chil The Kite (3.50) spotted the whole Hunt Cup field 3l start, yet cruised through the race until being hampered 1f down, to finish an unlucky 2nd. The pace in this big field dash will suit much better than the pattern race dawdles he's run in since, and he's every chance of producing another screamer.
He's also been Pricewised, but there should still be some big double-figure prices available for those on early.

Last edited:
Chil The Kite (3.50)

We're against each other again. I've taken 9 on the machine about American Hope. His run behind Mange All here reads really well and I feel this trip suits him a tad more. Also hoping he'll be less inclined to sweat up so much in this colder weather.
Good luck.

Having a day out at Fontwell

BOG Bets are

2.50-Solstice Son @ 3-1 [Skybet]

3.20-Henryville @ 5-2 [Boylesports]

3.55-Up For An Oscar @ 5-2 [Bet 365]

4.30-The Kings Assassin @ 7-4 [Skybet]

5.35-Father Edward @ 7-4 [Betfair Sports]

The slight interference (I only noticed one incident) wouldn't have helped much but I couldn't understand the drastic manoeuvre to the far side shortly afterwards.

I have to admit I wouldn't have found the winner with a Nimrod so well done those who were prepared to back him on potential rather than form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back