What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know. I was told before he ever ran they thought he was going to be top class and I tipped him up on here.......Came there cantering and just stopped.

Then I went in again thinking he'd win..............and again.........Then when he did win I never had a coin on:lol:

Not my fav horse

what horse?

Pearl Castle has a touch of class and would be able to pick this lot up today and carry them today if 100%
but the target is for him is most likely the Swinton Hurdle a race John Quinn has won as both a jockey and as a trainer.
Currently rated 139 he's on a good mark for that race so you have to ask the question??? he'd also want better ground to be seen at his best.

Could end up with egg on my face opposing him but I've backed Tim Easterby's Dark Dune ew 6/1 to come out on top today

He's only gone up 3lbs since his last visit when he hacked up so he looks to still be on a decent mark

Last edited:
Pearl Castle has a touch of class and would be able to pick this lot up today and carry them today if 100%
but the target is for him is most likely the Swinton Hurdle a race John Quinn has won as both a jockey and as a trainer.
Currently rated 139 he's on a good mark for that race so you have to ask the question??? he'd also want better ground to be seen at his best.

Could end up with egg on my face opposing him but I've backed Tim Easterby's Dark Dune ew 6/1 to come out on top today

He's only gone up 3lbs since his last visit when he hacked up so he looks to still be on a decent mark

You're well in there at 6s. I dithered but took 4s. Now 7/2 best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't win them all :( Pearl Castle going like the winner until lack of fitness set in.

I imagine he might have another spin on the flat before the Swinton or just go straight there.

Flow has a nice chance in the Spring Mile (Don 3:10).
Initially I thought he might be in the grip of the handicapper, but he's only had a dozen or so starts and handicappers can't be too exposed at that point in their career. There's a big prize in him and everything we've seen on Flow suggests he's ultra consistent.The key to him getting his head in front could be a stronger pace. At double figure prices he's a good bet.

Last edited:
Saturday picks...................... GENERAL ALEXANDER in the Brocklesby and LATIN CHARM in the Rosebery, at Uttoxeter BARABOY in the 2.10

good luck to you all

Cloudscape (3.55) looked to be crying out for a stiff 12f in the Gordon Stakes, but JG stuck the blinds on and trained him for the Winter Derby. Ran well enough in that, but wasn't persevered with once the speedier types passed him. Gets a proper test today, and though he has a length or so to find with Windshear on that run, is likely to strip much the fitter, and 7/2 looks handy.

One day someone will find a winner on here..Could be you Reet :lol:

Have your lock stock and barrel on Thomas Crapper they won't know what's hit them from 3 out when he takes it up....trust me and get yer dosh on

Chartreux is drifting to a more-than-backable price now in the 4:10 at Ascot.

I've had faith in this horse for a while but he's let me down the last twice.
Hopefully he get's in a nice rhythm and won't empty as easily as he has the last twice.
I'll give him one more go. That's all.

Last edited:
No bet today and only one bet tomorrow.

I thought Lady Cecil's Perfect Summer looked as green as grass last time and should come on a ton for the run.

Marked the horse up as a winner waiting to happen and it's not exactly a tough race tomorrow

Perfect Summer best price you can get

Have 2 running in the last at Sthwll, our old friend Eium Mac reverts to 1m after being run off his feet over 7fs lto, jockey takes 5lbs off which puts him on a mark around where we backed him in the new year, yard already had the 1st winner at 66/1.
Also Candesta who i put up lto when i felt was given a very poor ride by Shelley, should be suited by this track and distance. Backed both EW last night Eium Mac at 8/1 and Candesta at 9/1, but thats been smashed today as Julie put it on her blog!

Have 2 running in the last at Sthwll, our old friend Eium Mac reverts to 1m after being run off his feet over 7fs lto, jockey takes 5lbs off which puts him on a mark around where we backed him in the new year, yard already had the 1st winner at 66/1.
Also Candesta who i put up lto when i felt was given a very poor ride by Shelley, should be suited by this track and distance. Backed both EW last night Eium Mac at 8/1 and Candesta at 9/1, but thats been smashed today as Julie put it on her blog!

friends horse runs today FILBERT in the 4.00 Ludlow they think it has a good chance ...........................I've just had a tenner at 4/1

good luck to you all

friends horse runs today FILBERT in the 4.00 Ludlow they think it has a good chance ...........................I've just had a tenner at 4/1

good luck to you all

Have also backed The Rattler Obrien at Newton Abbott. Remember Martin put this one up a while back when he won at Wincanton - forgive the last run on heavy and he's no 10-1 shot. Should appreciate today's sounder surface and a decent ew bet.

Landed a bit of a gamble on this last year in the same race. I am going in again today at 7/1. The horse goes well fresh and likes the course.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lucky 15 today, Main artillery saved for Thursday
Ifandbutwhynot
Virak
Buachail Alain
Tango De Juiley

Gitane du Berlais (7/4, Paddy Power) and Minella Foru (each way, 4/1, VC).

Plus anything Martin says.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've done an Elliott/Giggi double at Cork:
4.00 Speed Demon - will never win if he can't do this.
4.35 Roi Du Mee - On His Own tailed off badly after Cheltenham last year and it's likely this will have been RDM's target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back