What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bitofapuzzle's form looks solid enough but I'm not sure she should be fav for this

I prefer Rock On The Moor who made short work of Anilifet last time.

Anilifet ran much better than her final placing 5th suggested in the County making that form look very decent

Rock On The Moor Fairyhouse 3.20

I've backed Ron's Dream win and place on the exchange. I think she's an insultingly big price. They went a bit quick in the listed race on drying ground at Newbury last time and she travelled well and was one of the last off the bit before just fading late.

She may well find a couple too strong but based on The Pirates Queen 13/2 and there was only 7L between them at Haydock earlier in the season. She should relish the soft/heavy conditions and I'm expecting her to outrun her price.

Roman Flight (3.45) is a summer ground horse, so ran well till tipping up at the last in the County. Dotted up last time he had circumstances similar to today. 10/1 best, currently.

Redcar 1.10 Mitchum 16/1 e/way much bigger on betfair - finished 2nd btn a hd in this race last year of o/r 55 - runs well fresh and looks very well handicapped off o/r 51 with jockey claiming 7lb - loves course & dist and trainer has targeted meeting last 2 years. It's a guess if they are trying but horse looks a value bet. I've taken an average of 25.0 win & 5.9place. Good luck if you play.

No time expert but notice that Royal Bajan has tp physically carry nearly a stone extra today, whereas Clumber Street actually carries 1 1/2 stone less and ran only 4/5ths of a second slower.
Clumber Street for me!

No time expert but notice that Royal Bajan has tp physically carry nearly a stone extra today, whereas Clumber Street actually carries 1 1/2 stone less and ran only 4/5ths of a second slower.
Clumber Street for me!

Acaster Malbis wins the first at Nottingham..... 6/4 won't make you rich mind.

Old Rogue Flamborough Breeze runs in the last at Kempton and must admit i'm amazed has drifted to 8/1 on betfair. Thought this would be 7/2-4/1. 1m at Kempton is his ideal trip and track, presume his draw and jockey booking is putting people off. Would have preferred Baker but he's at Lingfield and can't be bothered coming for one in the last.
However Durcan has a decent record on him 31233 and will know him better than most. Ran a blinder here lto over 7fs and would have won in another 20 yards, dissapointed time before but was ridden up among the leaders between horses and didn't like it and threw the towel in, giving him the formbook comment "found nil".
From stall 10 Durcan should be able to drop him out on his own at the back, before hopefully powering home up the wide outside.

Old Rogue Flamborough Breeze runs in the last at Kempton and must admit i'm amazed has drifted to 8/1 on betfair. Thought this would be 7/2-4/1. 1m at Kempton is his ideal trip and track, presume his draw and jockey booking is putting people off. Would have preferred Baker but he's at Lingfield and can't be bothered coming for one in the last.
However Durcan has a decent record on him 31233 and will know him better than most. Ran a blinder here lto over 7fs and would have won in another 20 yards, dissapointed time before but was ridden up among the leaders between horses and didn't like it and threw the towel in, giving him the formbook comment "found nil".
From stall 10 Durcan should be able to drop him out on his own at the back, before hopefully powering home up the wide outside.

Hargam according to AP was GOING TO BE JPs Cheltenham Banker but the rain put paid to that idea.
He will be more than his banker today and looks a there's huge confidence behind him today.

However Aintree has thrown up it's fair share of surprises usually caused by somthing getting away from them and not coming back like expected.

That will be Scu's plan today on David Pipe's Stars over the Sea.

The horse got into a spot of bother early doors in the Triumph which spurred him into action and from then on in Scu could settle him. The tactics of holding him up simply were wroung.

If Scu can settle him up front today he is the sort to take full advantage on this much more suitable course.

Stars over the Sea.....huge price so ew advisable

Hargam according to AP was GOING TO BE JPs Cheltenham Banker but the rain put paid to that idea.
He will be more than his banker today and looks a there's huge confidence behind him today.

However Aintree has thrown up it's fair share of surprises usually caused by somthing getting away from them and not coming back like expected.

That will be Scu's plan today on David Pipe's Stars over the Sea.

The horse got into a spot of bother early doors in the Triumph which spurred him into action and from then on in Scu could settle him. The tactics of holding him up simply were wroung.

If Scu can settle him up front today he is the sort to take full advantage on this much more suitable course.

Stars over the Sea.....huge price so ew advisable

I've got a sneaking about Stars Over The Sea too and would suggest a reverse forecast with Hargam might pay off. I'll weight mine more in favour of Hargam though.

Last edited:
I backed STARCHITECT at Cheltenham so I'll stick with it today.......the Red RUM4.40 nearly always throws up something out of the ordinary so I'll have a little E/W on BELLENOS who prefers good or even better

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back