What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alan Swinbank's horses are in really good form and his One More Go can take the 4:50 at Carlisle. One More Go is a lightly raced bumper winner who has been popped in a handicap for the first time with a claimer on board today.

Last edited:
Emma Sayer has established a real relationship with Nelson's Bay (3.20R) gleaning 2 wins and an unlucky 3rd since she took over. Won his last 2 a piece easier than the OH has raised him for, and the hat-trick looks well on the cards, imo.
13/2 is just too big.

Last edited:
Apologies for that; didn't foresee the early crawl.
He'll win again when he has a decent pace to run at.

Apologies for that; didn't foresee the early crawl.
He'll win again when he has a decent pace to run at.

I am sure plenty will follow you in Dan, best of luck.

Kempton
6:40 Water Dancer has the new headgear on and couldn't be anymore unexposed. Tim Clark claiming 5 pounds is a big plus for this horse and you can't help but think he will put his best foot forward sooner rather than later. He just gets my vote against Swordbearer, who although looks to have a strong chance of making the frame, cannot be backed for the win today having been beaten at 15/8 last time in a class 5 maiden by a dozen lengths, imo. 3/1 looks short enough on Swordbearer.
Water Dancer currently 10/1

8:40 - Desert Command has a handy pull at the weights with Picture Dealer for their last running at Chelmsford. He has shown some ability, though has not delivered as much as has been anticipated on the track thus far. He was noted as hanging right last time, and so I'm guessing a right handed track like Kempton on the A/W may bring out a bit more in him today.
Desert Command currently 7/1

Last edited:
Direct times in the 1550 looks a gimme to me. Chappell hyam and dettori combo, really comfortable win off 72 last time never looked in trouble. Handicapper raised 9 for that but only fourth run today so more improvement likely, even at 3s it looks generous to me.

I've had a nice ew bet on divertimenti in 6:25. Ran out of it over 6 a couple of days back dropped to 5 today with good apprentice up hopefully point and shoot job from the gates. Ideally would have liked lower draw but think they may just get away with it.
17/2 available

Last edited:
Saigon City in the 1535 at headquarters. Went to the top of the old tracker after his run behind Directorship last month (he ran well yesterday at Sandown) Lost plenty of ground by veering across the track and has a visor today. Got 5s last night.

Cable Bay (2.35H) ran a blinder in the Lockinge and is reported to have come on since. Drop in class and trip should suit ideally, and 11/2 looks tidy.

Two bets today. Red Galileo in the listed race at York. First time over a mile and six, ran well behind Agent Murphy last time out. Watersmeet in the 3.20 at Newmarket. If he keeps straight today should go close, the favourite, Penhill, makes the race. A bit overrated and ran poorly at Newmarket last season.

well out of form so I've kept quiet but I do like LONDON CITIZEN ...5.40 Newmarket E/W and one over the sticks 7.55Stratford OYSTER SHELL E/W done singles and a double

hoping for better things .....good luck to you all

Two bets today. Red Galileo in the listed race at York. First time over a mile and six, ran well behind Agent Murphy last time out. Watersmeet in the 3.20 at Newmarket. If he keeps straight today should go close, the favourite, Penhill, makes the race. A bit overrated and ran poorly at Newmarket last season.

Spot on there Euro.

Muthmir (12.55) will probably prove better at 5f than 6 - hence his entry in the King's Stand and not the Jubilee = and the way he tanked for the first half of the DOY, he'll probably have too much speed for these.
11/4 best, but you'd suspect the PMu might pay better.

5.15 Charlottes Secret can win off this mark granted what should be a better pace than he got last time when closing into fast late splits

another mess of a pace race...will win when it gets a pace

Last edited:
Didn't post earlier as it was a nothing price, but 5/1 Pretend (7.25) is insanity.

Last edited:
When its too good to be true reet ..... lightning has struck twice in a few days in the Appleby yard, 2 superb horses and it just always amazes me about this game - horses for courses is so true

I'm surprised nobody's suggested sending Tryster to race in America to be honest. Looks incredible on synthetics but clearly not the same horse on turf. Maybe wants lightening quick turf, but how often do you get that nowadays? Even if the weather is right they'll water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back