What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Expect GAVLAR 4:05 to go close in recovery mission today hopefully Jim is abit more switched on today. 4/1

Marcus Tregoning can win the last at Goodwood with Silver Lining.

Showed improvement last time with todays claimer on board and may be improving for the application of a tongue tie, also could be potentially very well handicapped.

Last edited:
I'm on Aussie Ruler today in the 3.25 at Salisbury. Good claimer on and drops in grade and weight, albeit now top weight. Hoping claimer negates that but should run close as was running relatively well off higher marks.

Also on Haalan for Clive Brittain in the next each way. Not quite taking on the Sweet Sensation who looks thrown in off 9lb higher for last win but Haalan is another who is dropping down the weights although on the face of it for good reason. However, some good maiden form, notably behind Sperry tells me this does have ability and they just haven't found how to unlock it yet - hoping today's the day.

I'm on DIletta Tomassa in the last at Lingfield, running okay and Richard Hughes up is enough to tempt me.

SIngles and an each way trixie.

Good luck to everyone today. I've got to put a winner on here soon....

Simply Shining (3.40) won a decent race at Thirsk by making all at a good pace, but her inexperienced rider appeared to get the fractions wrong in a much better race at Ascot, and was swamped for speed in the closing stages. P Hanagan should make a better fist of it today and she looks well worth an ew punt at the general 12/1 in this 9 runner field.

3.20 Brighton

R. Charlton at Brighton = 12/26 +26pts lsp profit
R. Charlton 3yo's in hcaps at Brighton = 9/14 +24pts lsp profit

Marmot
3.61 taken...being backed now

Last edited:
Jonjo has three with some sort of chance at Worcester so I've stuck them in a patent.

Sporting Life says about his first chance....

2:10
FINDING YOUR FEET has won three times over hurdles, each time off a higher mark than today's. He's been very disappointing over fences so far but this is his easiest task to date and it would be no surprise to see him in the firing-line.

Last edited:
Finding Your Feet wins but will he weigh in.......... saddle slipped?!

Last edited:
Weighed in, thank the good lord.

The next two are

Wor
4:55 Chasing The Light
5:25 Amuse Me

Here's hoping :)

A few fancies today:

Gran Canaria Queen at York - 7lb claimer up and further 1lb lighter than it's close defeat by Ridge Racer. so far less weight suggests to me it should win this time and yet is slightly bigger price.

Chain of Events hasn't won since winning the 1550 at Sandown last year and is on a lower mark, bare form doesn't look much but was better than last run suggested and should at least place at 10/1.

Tepeleni at a big price at Chepstow for Clive Brittain takes a big drop in class. Franny Norton remains on board after saying it stumbled out of the gates and couldn't catch up. at a decent price is worth a punt for me.

Each way singles and various multiples of the above in with Rex Imperator, Scooter (nap) & Royal Silk.

Good luck all

Anybody got any thoughts on the second Jonjo O Neill horse at York (She's late)? Looks like it was a half decent horse in the past and the fact he's sent two over with Graham Lee on both interests me? Maybe of more interest if the first one bombs. Both drifiting though I think.

Last edited:
Took 100/30 about Putting Green in the 1900 at Gooders last night. Was a trifle unlucky behind one of the Queen's nags last time out at Sandown - had to be switched, came with a rattling run only to be short headed. Before that both these horses had finished behind Jack Hobbs - form that was roundly franked on Derby day.

Well done with Gran Canaria Queen PTP, and best of luck with Tepeleni in an hour or so.

I fancied Gran Canaria Queen myself, a bit surprised she went off such a generous price.

Hopefully Euro's does the business at Goodwood too.

Last edited:
Boom The Groom (3.25M) ran the race of his life in the Epsom Dash, even though drawn on the opposite side to the pace. Must have been 4-5l behind the far side pelaton 2f down, yet was only beaten just over 1l, with those drawn near him all out the back. General 9/1 won't last.

So Beloved (2.35Y) comfortably dispatched a similar field over c/d latest, and a 7lb rise looks well within his compass. Pricewised, but generally 9/1 early.

2.20 Sandown TOURNAMENT Ran on well at Haydock LTO and at York 3.10 FIRE SHIP who ran very well at Leopardstown LTO on conditions that didn't suit both E/W

by the way I'd be very surprised if the ground tonight at Leicester hasn't eased to good to soft or even soft we had plenty of rain last night and this morning

2.20 Sandown TOURNAMENT Ran on well at Haydock LTO and at York 3.10 FIRE SHIP who ran very well at Leopardstown LTO on conditions that didn't suit both E/W

by the way I'd be very surprised if the ground tonight at Leicester hasn't eased to good to soft or even soft we had plenty of rain last night and this morning

Torn between three in the 3:45 at York.

Explosive lady - have already had an each way punt on this as 16s looks too big. As long as ground doesn't deteriorate then it has its conditions and has already run well over distance at a higher level. Confident I'll get a run for my money with this one

Other two I'm tempted by but haven't played are Twilight Son and Charlie Croker. Twilight Son has been mentioned elsewhere by someone who knows inside stable that the horse is a machine, beating limato on gallops and going to be better than limato. Only worry is ground.

Charlie Croker purely cos of weight Spencer is having to get down to. Seems a tip in itself but not sure thats enough for me to part with my pennies yet.

If ground doesn't soften come race time and is running reasonably quick then may have a decent amount on Twilight Son alongside my Explosive Lady bet.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back