What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice EC1..one left for me...Debit in the 8:30 at Chester...The Brian Ellison factor swung it.

Last edited:
9.15 Banditry put in decent effort last time in a decently run race..his finishing split suggests he can win off a mark of 88..so the penatly tonight is not enough to stop him. 2.68 taken

two at Ascot BARNET FAIR 2.10 looks weighted to take a hand in this and have taken 8/1, the other is LIGHTNING SPEAR in the 2.45 who has done no wrong since I lost my A/P dough on it for the Hunt Cup at the Royal meeting

Got to have a few bob on Son of Africa in the 5f hcp at Ascot today
Won so well at HQ last month that a 9lb rise to 95 would have had him on a grand nark here but after running 7th in the Coral charge has been giving another 7lb hike which seems harsh
However I'd kick myself if he got in the frame and 14/1 + place is decent.

the big figure on a windy day ..could be ???....i got for Birchwood gets tested back on decent ground in the 2.35..the form of that Haydock race is hot..will go with it

Nice work EC
I didn't back him but I looked at the race this morning and remembered you marked him up a couple of runs ago, well done.

They pretty-much had to run him today as the conditions were massively in his favour, but they still might be a bit sick - his OR is (more likely soon-to-be 'was') 153, and he would have gone very close off that kind of mark in Galway, imo, as he is probably value for a half-stone more, I'd say.

Last edited:
Faith Jicaro appeals in the 17:05 at Stratford. Showed a good attitude LTO and should run well.

Marjong's hold up style may stand him in good stead (2:35 Bath) tomorrow.
There's plenty of pace in the race and I can see them setting this race up for a closer...Marjongs form with a horse called Glastonberry at the start of 2015 looks better with Glastonberry winning since and rated higher these days.

Marjong is better around a left handed track and has won over 5.5F before, his form with Interception shows he can run a good race on his day.
The 8 runners mean he should be backed each way at 20/1, especially in the event the leading players fail to fire.
He should appreciate Firm ground and you've just got to take the chance that he will be better for a near-150 day absense.

Marjong E/W 20/1

Last edited:
The 8 runners mean he should be backed each way at 20/1

Marjong E/W 20/1
The non runner now makes it less appealing, but I'm hoping he out-runs his odds still!

Otherwise I'll look like a proper tit. :)

Last edited:
Marjong is interesting, especially with Harry Bentley on it who can't do much wrong at the moment. I remember that January run too and it was in my book for strong finishing, backed it twice after but that last race surely has to be written off. Bit worried about why been off for so long and 1st turf start in almost a year. Was well worth EW at 20s but not sure now in reduced field, especially almost every one of them in form - however will surely pick up a win sooner or later. Good luck on it !

Last edited:
The fact he might stay a bit further may mean they ride him more prominently today I suppose, though the likelihood is he'll be ridden from off the pace. When I see all that blue on oddschecker it enhances my confidence, but it's not all my money I can assure you!

Thanks for you good will, TC.

just doing one today HULCOLT 5.05 Bev should be all the better for the run LTO

Good luck to you all

Just a note for you Marble but Marjong is a mare and is actually in foal to Equiano.

Good luck!

Pocket talking, but did anyone else see the Walsh ride on Un Beau Roman, 8.00 Killarney? Utter joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back