What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stardrifter (2.50 Beverley)
Likes the track, ground ok and even though only 3lb, Sammy's claim is a big plus.

I guess you can call him Spark Slug?! :)

They call him Spark Plug
And I've given him a plug
He's a slug from the stalls
With a tendency to fall
At Ascot he met a cruel fate
But like Marble he's got spark and finishes late

Once upon a time he nailed GM Hopkins
This Friday at Ascot he'll show he's good in a finish
To win the Cambridgeshire he'll have to have balls
At a pony 25/1 he's the anti-post call...

:)

Last edited:
Meandmyshadow (4.40 Newc)
Ground is the key for her, Gd-fm a must which there seems to be atm
Dale Swift should just be keeping it simple and bounce out in front and should be finding plenty towards the end as she stays 7f.

Had a little ew on Seraffimo @ 20/1 in 2.50 cartmel
Hanlon only 2/53 in juvenile hurdles
Ryan 1/23
Coyles entry which was 2nd on debut was his only place in juvenile hurdles from 6
Thompson 0-20

Watt is by no means prolific , only 5 placed from 22 3yo hurdlers but jockey Brooke is 2 places from 3 on them.
Sharon ( we're close) takes her only entry about 80miles so not long to travel , hour and half.
Pretty poor on flat but grand dam was as well , rated mid 50s before tacking hurdles and won 3/12 , rated mid 100s so there's a bit of jumps in pedigree .
Write all this and it will prob tail off but has the good ground it probably needs

Last edited:
Spellmaker (Bath 3:20) will handle cut in the ground better than the rest of the field, based on his solid 3rd place at this track last October on Gd-St. This horse has a cracking strike rate overall, albeit most wins coming on the A/W.
Trainer also has one of the jollies for this in Mambo Spirit but that one is no good on Gd-St.
Spellmaker has a live chance and will likely be held up..just hope her claiming jockey doesn't leave it too late when challenging.

Spellmaker 12/1

Last edited:
Captain Bob in the 4.10 at Haydock.

Ran well at York in July, winner of that race was third behind Fadaayil in a decent event at the Ebor meeting. Last time out at York he led for some strange reason but he's much better held up. Couple of front runners today and a bigger field suggests they'll revert to those tactics.

Hopeful Tiggy Wiggy will bounce back in the Sprint Cup at Haydock.

Karl Burke's horse in the 2:35...Pearl Castle (who i mentioned last time it ran) ran well enough lto to have a good shout here

Balty Boys can win the 2:00, this is a decent horse who would be a worthy winner.

Good luck to everyone having a bet.

Last edited:
I've done Adaay. Apart from the Commonwealth Cup on firm ground he's been excellent all year.
Have to give Oasis Fantasy one final chance in the Old Borough Cup. A mile and six is his trip, he didn't stay the two miles last time out and at Goodwood before that Hughes never put him in the race.

Sent from my MediaPad M1 8.0 using Tapatalk

Balty Boys can win the 2:00, this is a decent horse who would be a worthy winner.

Good luck, Marb. He's certainly a much better horse than when 2nd in this, last year.
Early Morning (2.20K) absolutely routed a similar field latest, and should never be 7/1 to complete the double.

Last edited:
Don't think the Gp3 at Haydock will take alot of winning, so it's Fanciful Angel, not beaten far in the Jersey. Great Hall (ew) runs his best races at Haydock if he would only put his head down. Antiquarium is so well in at Ascot unless Dartmouth is really worth the hike. Taajub must get a place in the last. Got a feeling about the unraced one int he first at Thirsk, so will have a bit on that.

Hopeful Tiggy Wiggy will bounce back in the Sprint Cup at Haydock.

Karl Burke's horse in the 2:35...Pearl Castle (who i mentioned last time it ran) ran well enough lto to have a good shout here

Good luck to everyone having a bet.

Really game effort from Pearl Castle, gutted he got mugged like that...

Will back a couple in the 17:00 at Fontwell, Mighty Minnie and Surf In September, e/w on each and R/F.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back