Doncaster
2.00 Ibn Malik
2.35 George Dryden
3.10 Safety Check
3.45 Fields of Athenry

Leopardstown
5.45 Cirrus des Aigles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peter Chapple Hyam sends Goathland on a 300 mile round trip from Newmarket to Bath.

This 3yo bay gelding from Teofilo stock runs for the first time in handicap company and he has some decent form behind him 2,3,2.

2nd to Star Storm by 3/4 length, and now rated 86
3rd to Soluble by 1/4 length, with the 2nd winning nto...in fact winning three on the spin and now rated 101.
2nd to Emirates Skycargo by 2 1/2 lengths, who also won nto and now rated 102.

Today's handicap is a 0-80 race and it looks like he has been well positioned to win off today's mark of 80.
Runs in the 4:30 at Bath

Some value out there today.

Backing Territories and Karakontie in the Moulin. Completely different conditions today compared to the Marois and Esoterique looks a dodgy fav.

Sea Calisi worth an each way in the Vermeille.

Second Step huge value in the Irish Leger. Looks progressive and his pedigree suggests this step up in trip will really suit.

Second Step - nap.Reverse forecast Sea Calisi and Beautiful Romance reverse forecast -if Treve is going to get chinned she could blow out completely.

Nice one Toffee, backed it LTO at Haydock, did well second against a hotpot and thought the jock challenged too soon otherwise might have been in - thought to myself must back it next time out. Hadn't noticed it till you put it up so was on it for a quick double with Pylo.

Just a double n singles for me today in Capo Rosso (Bath) & Brandon Castle (Flas)

Rangali
Arabian Queen
Agent Murphy

E/w trixie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Sir Mark Prescott and Luke Morris have caught my eye today and they team up at Bath. Their last 10 runs there have resulted in 6 wins and 1 placed so we can assume they know the track well.

They have two runners today for Miss K Rausing Jolie Blonde and Singoalla. Miss Rausing has a nice success rate at the course, 29% and with her 4yos she is 100%.

Jolie Blonde is a course winner, has won some decent races and also has an entry in the Ceaserwitch.

Latest runs were a win in a 0-60 handicap, beating the now rated 110 May Hay, followed up with a 0-70 hcap win over the now rated 135 Dara Tanyo, and most recently winning a 0-80 hcap to Guard of Honour who hacked up yesterday.

Hopefully Jolie Blonde can get his nose in front again in the 4:40

Air Force Blue is a major lay for me at anything under 11/10-out of War Front they are all heavily ground dependent.

Order of St George is a horse I've been looking forward to. I think he'll win comfortably.

I am told....but please don't shoot the messenger that SHAWKANTANGO is trying........... I know its tried my patience but I'm on today

Chancery (4.35) blew in over this trip and this kind of ground at Ripon, and wouldn't have been helped at all by the steadier pace of his 2 subsequent 12f races. A return to form is anticipated, and 15/2 looks generous.

I've taken a decent swipe at Professor for the Ayr Gold Cup on Saturday. He's 40/1 across the boards but Corals are already going 5 places so I've gone with them.

Some decent form last year for Richard Hannon the best of which was 2nd in the Wokingham off a mark of 108.Switched to Michael Attwater and sent for an unsuccessful spell in Dubai. His first start for new connections back on home turf though was a fair enough effort. He ran 2nd in a 7f race at Haydock to a well handicapped Emell. That race worked out fairly strongly as a number of horses from in behind would run big races in some tough handicaps. He was withdrawn at the start of his next intended run and hasn't been seen since so he's obviously had some problems but I'm going to take the fact they are throwing him straight in a tough race like this as a positive sign that he's well, and ready to go. I just think for a horse that finished second last year off a mark of 108 in a Wokingham (won his group) to be a 40/1 shot here off a mark of 102 is incredible value and worth taking the chance even if normally for these sprints I'd like to have match fitness on side.

As you like.

Last edited:
Had a small each way on Go Far in the Bronze Cup this afternoon at Ayr. Ran really well in the consolation Stewards Cup at Goodwood before disappointing on the sand latest start. 25/1 for 5 places.

Supplicant for Fahey and Hanagan has to be a place prospect at lease - not been running well but wouldn't surprise me if he has just been running his mark down in preparation for this as Fahey says: Supplicant is flying at home, I just don't know why he's not winning races from what we see on the gallops. On the evidence of his recent runs he has no chance but we're very happy with him and just hope he can show on the course what we see at home

He's warning us the horse is in good nick and of the three runners it's interesting Hanagan is on board this one.

Can't imagine there are too many trainers sending horses over from Ireland to Ayr without fancying their chances. Dr Doro for T Stack looks worth a speculative punt as does Silk Hall. The latter is 2 lb out of the weights with good hurdling form. Last run just faded and a couple of mistakes over front running ride under Richard Johnson. Shorter distance today and note they have Joe Fanning up who I have seen countless times get a win for Mark Johnston under front running tactics. Be interesting to see if he tries it today.

Pretty much intuitive backs and ifs buts and maybes but at 25s and 40s worth a few quid each way.

I've taken a decent swipe at Professor for the Ayr Gold Cup on Saturday. He's 40/1 across the boards but Corals are already going 5 places so I've gone with them.

Some decent form last year for Richard Hannon the best of which was 2nd in the Wokingham off a mark of 108.Switched to Michael Attwater and sent for an unsuccessful spell in Dubai. His first start for new connections back on home turf though was a fair enough effort. He ran 2nd in a 7f race at Haydock to a well handicapped Emell. That race worked out fairly strongly as a number of horses from in behind would run big races in some tough handicaps. He was withdrawn at the start of his next intended run and hasn't been seen since so he's obviously had some problems but I'm going to take the fact they are throwing him straight in a tough race like this as a positive sign that he's well, and ready to go. I just think for a horse that finished second last year off a mark of 108 in a Wokingham (won his group) to be a 40/1 shot here off a mark of 102 is incredible value and worth taking the chance even if normally for these sprints I'd like to have match fitness on side.

As you like.

The other one I'm interested in for this is another 40/1 shot Glory awaits .Once second in the guineas behind Dawn Approach he has a little class.He's spent most of his time in Group races between 7F and a mile.He drops back to 6F for the first time since his debut as a 2yo.He's had 2 efforts in 7f listed handicaps off marks of 108 and 110.His most recent run off 110 he blazed the trail and was still in there fighting at the furlong pole before fading.The effort off 108 again he led and was nailed late on only being beaten 1.5L.He's off 107 tomorrow but Kevin Ryan reaches for 5lb Claimer Gary Halpin for whom he provided a winner last week with Kellini winning a big handicap in Ireland.Wether or not he has the raw speed to be effective at 6f I don't know but he's raced quite keenly over 7f off the lead so I'm hopeful the drop back to 6f will be more help than hindrance. At 40/1 I'll be paying to find out.

Oh and well done Euro that's a cracking shout ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back