What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bets [1pt win on each]

12.40 Doncaster-Wurood @ 2-1 [Bet 365]
12.55 Aintree-Geordie Des Champs @ 7-4 [Bet 365]:)
1.10 Kelso-Chain Of Beacons @ 9-4 [William Hill]
1.35 Wincanton-Frodon @ 2-1 [Bet 365]:) @ 5-2
1.45 Kelso-Bourne @ 2-1 [Bet 365]
2.05 Aintree-Caid Du Berlais @ 11-2 [Paddy Power]:)
2.10 Wincanton-North Hill Harvey @ 3-1 [Bet Victor] Non runner
2.40 Aintree-Vyta Du Roc @ 13-2 [Betfred]
2.45 Wincanton-Antartica De Thaix @ 3-1 [Bet Victor]
3.10 Aintree-Splash Of Ginge @ 5-1 [William Hill]
4.15 Aintree-Cruiseaweigh @ 2-1 [Bet 365]:)

Profit of 5.75pts

My bets [1pt win on each @ BOG]

12.50 Ffos Las-Stage One @ 15-8 [Betfair Sports]
1.55 Ffos Las-Christmas In April @ 11-8 [Skybet]

Couple for tomorrow at Newcastle.

3:15 Tectonic - Two good runs at this track recently, as is 6lb better off at the weights with The Resdev Way for the length beating he got last month. Can reverse the form on these better terms I reckon.

5:50 Good to see my friend Caeser The Gaeser in great nick (as predicted), no reason he can't go close again and simply cannot oppose him. I suspect he may stay a bit further than six furlongs in time so getting out the stalls swiftly and not getting too far behind early-on (like last time) could be pivotal.

Last edited:

1.10 Carlisle-Stone Quercus @ 7-4 [Boylesports]
1.30 Kempton-Play The Ace @ 13-2 [Bet Bright]
2.30 Kempton-Barney Dwan @ 5-4 [Paddy Power]

3.05 Kempton
Parish Business can defy an 8lb rise here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clubland in the last at Newcastle looks like the one to be on.

Also backing Ambitious Icarus again. Surely got to win soon off this mark but doubt over the surface.

Mutaddafeq still a good price for O meara bought from prendergast. Opening mark of 80 and 6 length defeat by St malo but 10 lengths back to third. Dropped 5lb amd gibbons on board who is two wins and a place from last five rides for O meara in the last 9 days.

Small each way multiples along with haidees reflection at a big price with oisin Murphy an interesting booking. 8 length defeat last time out, dropped two pounds but trainer still persisting at Newcastle.

Good luck all

1.10 Carlisle-Stone Quercus @ 7-4 [Boylesports]
1.30 Kempton-Play The Ace @ 13-2 [Bet Bright] Non Runner
2.30 Kempton-Barney Dwan @ 5-4 [Paddy Power]

Replace with: 3.05 Kempton-Forever Field @ 3-1 [Skybet]

3.05 - Kempton - L'Aigle Royal. 2 pts win. Available at 5/1.

3.15 - Newcastle - Dubai Fifty. 1.5 pts e/w. Available at 9/1.

3.25 - Carlisle - Amiliontimes. 2 pts win. Available at 9/2.

3.30 - Fairyhouse - Mossy Island. 2 pts win. Available at 13/2.

4.05 - Fairyhouse - Captains And Kings. 1 pt e/w. Available at 20/1.

Only one placed today, although most ran well. Think i'll have a few days off.

1.00 Sedgefield-Middlebrow @ 9-4 [William Hill]
1.35 Sedgefield-Bishops Court @ 11-2 [Betfair Sports]
1.45 Huntingdon-Copperfacejack @ 7-2 [Bet 365]
2.50 Huntingdon-Anatol @ 6-4 [Bet 365]
3.00 Lingfield-Authorized Too @ 5-1 [Stan James]
3.10 Sedgefield-Fool To Cry @ 11-8 [Coral]
3.45 Sedgefield-Tomkevi @ 15-2 [Bet Bright]
4.05 Lingfield-Tidestream @ 8-1 [William Hill]

13:20 Lingfield
Phobiaphiliac

Ran at Uttoxeter in May where he came 2nd to Going For Broke, beaten by a neck. Here's the report: Led until mistake and headed 3 out, not fluent and led again next, hung right between last two, joined last, soon headed, stayed on under pressure

Going For Broke was a much more experienced horse that day and then proceeded to win again nto. Phobiaphilic who came 2nd went on to win nto and the 3rd horse in the race Indy Five also went on to win nto.

In the race that Phobiaphilic won, by 18 lengths. Here's the report: Made all, clear before 2 out, ran on well, The 2nd placed horse Rocklander won nto.

I think Phobiaphilic has a great change up in grade today and Mr Hendersons yard is in good form of late. The jockey booking is not a problem and he has ridden him into the winners enclosure. Not much of a price today, but certainly not one to ignore.

according to my figures Bollin Ace has run above his market chance when coming off a break of 60 days+ and so represents some value in the 1.00 race

he has the highest RPR in the race and the price imo is based on whether he will show best..i think he will..which means you getting 4/1 about a race fit horse against lessers.

having a dabble i think

Ok, I can't resist.

1.35 - Sedgefield - Ascot De Bruyere. 2 pts win. Available at 5/1.
A competitive Handicap Chase with all ten runners holding some sort of chance. Slight preference is for Ascot De Bruyere who makes just his fourth start for James Ewart since coming to these shores from France. He didn't manage to get his head in front in six starts over fences in his native country but he went close on a few occasions and there was plenty of encouragement to be gleamed from his first start over fences for his new connections. That effort came over the extended two miles here and he should be suited by the three furlong step up in trip today. He was beaten a length and a half into third on his first start for seven months and he may strip fitter for that outing. He had Wolf Sword well behind and, although his rival looked in need of the race, the same could be said about the selection. All his form in France was on much softer ground than he encountered last time out so it widened his options somewhat. Jake Greenall, who rode him to win a Maiden Hurdle in February, returns for a yard who have a profitable 21% strike rate at this track in recent seasons.

2.20 - Huntingdon - Ruacana. 1 pt win. Available at 10/1.
All Set To Go could be hard to beat. Representing Paul Nicholls, he has been progressive so far over hurdles and he is a very classy 100 rated flat horse but, at a much bigger price, it may be worth having a small wager on Ruacana. He is decent on the flat also but he is rated 12 pounds lower than the favourite and receives just four pounds from him over hurdles. However he has arguably achieved more over obstacles and he his well weighted on several efforts for his former yard last season. This is just his third start for his current yard and there were signs last time out that he is working way back to his peak. Prior to not staying three miles at the Cheltenham Festival in March he had performed to a consistently high level from higher marks in better races than he encounters here. He is back down to his last winning mark and the presence of Richard Johnson won't do his chances any harm. Ruacana is not ground dependent and the drop back down to the sort of trip over which he has recorded all three of his hurdle wins looks a good move.

3.20 - Huntingdon - Demographic. 1.5 pts win. Available at 7/1.

6.15 - Newcastle - Steelriver. 0.75 pts e/w. Available at 28/1.

Well done with your old mate, Caesar The Gaeser, Marble.
Thankyou, stuck his neck out, onwards and upwards. He's game.

My best tomorrow is Presenting Lisa in Bangor's 1:20. While it won't be easy to beat the favourite, the form of that last chase win is working out well with the placed horses winning since. To all intents and purposes, I reckon she's a 130's chaser already, so I don't think she has much to find with the favourite on ratings. At the respective odds Presenting Lisa at 3/1 is a bet.

Last edited:

1.00 Sedgefield-Middlebrow @ 9-4 [William Hill]
1.35 Sedgefield-Bishops Court @ 11-2 [Betfair Sports]
1.45 Huntingdon-Copperfacejack @ 7-2 [Bet 365] non runner
2.50 Huntingdon-Anatol @ 6-4 [Bet 365] non runner
3.00 Lingfield-Authorized Too @ 5-1 [Stan James] :)
3.10 Sedgefield-Fool To Cry @ 11-8 [Coral]
3.45 Sedgefield-Tomkevi @ 15-2 [Bet Bright]
4.05 Lingfield-Tidestream @ 8-1 [William Hill]

Level

1.00 Exeter-Kalifourchon @ 11-2 [Bet Victor]
1.30 Exeter-Mighty Leader @ 3-1 [Ladbrokes]
2.15 Ayr-Landmarque @ 5-1 [Race Bets]
3.55 Ayr-Sunset Marquis @ 3-1 [Skybet]
4.05 Bangor-Dingo Dollar @ 5-2 [Ladbrokes]

Paper fares in the last at Kempton. Varian persisting despite not showing much over 7/8 furlongs. Now upped in trip which breeding suggests will suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back