What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nimr (2.35) was ny long=term fancy for the Lincoln and Frankie opting for him over the putative favourite is the icing on the cake in the consolation.

My bets [1pt win on each @ BOG]

1.30 Kempton-Amlad @ 15-8 [Bet Victor]
2.45 Stratford-Deebaj @ 11-4 [Bet Victor]
3.40 Uttoxeter-Greybougg @ 3-1 [Betfair Sports]
5.20 Doncaster-Wasatch Range @ 7-4 [Skybet]

Last edited:
I think Yuften is the most likely winner of the Lincoln but can't back him at the price. I'd already backed Dolphin Vista this morning when I caught the interview with the CoC on TV in which he said the first two furlongs and last two furlongs were 'good' and the rest 'good to soft'. Tactically, I think a prominent runner might be at an advantage. I'd want to see mine take up a prominent position and be well placed to kick on as they hit the better stuff and take ground out of those still trying to get through the softer and hopefully have enough in hand to hold on.

Miss Yates very disappointing yesterday. Noticed jockey Cannon took her wide for the entire distance on the tight flat Fontwell track, so will keep her in the notebook. Might well do a lot better NTO?

Today, fancy Star Foot to run well in the 15:55 at Stratford. Ran well at this venue a couple of times before on decent ground, and Richard Johnson rides.

A chance is taken at a big price with Buying Trouble in the 1:50 at Doncaster. This filly improved last season and was placed in listed company a few times, I'm putting a line through the last couple of all weather runs, hopefully she'll appreciate some cut in the ground and can grab a place at least.

Last edited:
Jacob cats kempton.
Masterson Chelmsford - de Sousa heading from Kemp just for this ride
Nimr 2.25 Donny
Birchwood/tupi 1.50
Third time lucky/yuften 3.35
Kool kompany 3.00
Almane 4.20

Good luck all

Uttoxeter 3.40
Greybougg has been running well over a shorter trip but his runs at today's distance have left me unconvinced he'll stay. Buttercup looked to be starting to feel the effects of a busy few months last time out and isn't for me up 6lb. Instead Allbarnone looks well handicapped and can go well on 2nd chase start. 13/2 looks fair

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think I will follow you on that selection Viking, good luck..no pressure. :)

Last edited:
Ok, so I couldn't resist posting today.

2.25 - Doncaster:
Examiner. 1 pt e/w. Available at 12/1. (Paddy Power, 1/5 odds first 5)
Swift Emperor. 0.75 pts e/w. Available at 20/1. (Skybet, 1/5 odds first 6)
Sacred Act, Nimr and Ballet Concerto are the lightly raced progressive horses in the race but there are reasons to take them on. Sacred Act could be well weighted but the handicap he won at Sandown when last seen in September hasn't produced a winner from 20 subsequent entries so the form may be a touch over-rated. That was his first run for 14 months, and his first since a gelding operation, so it could be argued that he did well to win at all. Of the top three in the market he is preferred. Nimr has done his improving on the A/W and Ballet Concerto has his first run since last September, after being gelded in the interim. It's possible he will improve for this run. At bigger prices preference is for Examiner and Swift Emperor. Examiner has been performing creditably on the Tapeta at Wolverhampton, despite the pace of the races being against him. He is seen to much better effect in large field on a straight track where he is normally always likely to get the end to end gallop he needs. He sports a first time tongue tie for a trainer who has a good record when fitting the aid initially to his horses. He is back down to his last winning mark and his best efforts last season came under today's jockey. Swift Emperor is in much deeper than when winning on the Tapeta over a mile at Newcastle last time out but he wasn't beaten far in the Zetland Gold Cup over ten furlongs at Redcar last May and he is just two pounds higher in the weights here. He could be suited by a well run race over a straight mile and he has the potential for further progression this season.

2.40 - Kempton - Justice Good. 2 pts win. Available at 13/2.
This race doesn't look overly blesses with early pace and it may not pay to try and come from too far back in the pack. Dutch Golden Age did us a favour last time out, and he could get an easy lead, but preference on this occasion is for Justice Good. He has produced his best three efforts on his last three starts, all on the A/W at Lingfield, Newcastle and here. Only one of those came in handicap company, and that was here from a six pound lower mark. Open to further improvement on the artificial surfaces, he could be up to defying the rise if he is ridden positively. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, that hasn't always been the case. Hopefully connections will have looked at the race and decide that the best place to be is on the pace. From a decent draw in stall five, a prominent early pitch should see him get very competitive and give him every chance of taking his track record to 2 from 2.

3.35 - Doncaster:
Master Carpenter. 0.75 pts e/w. Available at 22/1. (Paddy Power, 1/5 odds first 5)
Instant Attraction. 0.75 pts e/w. Available at 22/1. (William Hill, 1/5 odds first 5)
As the years progress the Lincoln is becoming a more compressed handicap for older established handicappers. The progressive, younger horses invariably end up in the Spring Mile and the stats for this race could well find themselves changing in future years. Yuften has past Group One form and, along with Top Notch Tonto, he could be a horse well ahead of his current mark. It not's surprising that he heads the market and his rival has been well supported. However at bigger prices chances are given to Master Carpenter and Instant Attraction. Master Carpenter had some decent form to his name at the beginning of last season in Group Three comapny and, although he ended the campaign on a lower note, he resumes this season on a mark five pounds lower than when winning his only handicap at York back in July 2015. That came over an extended 10 furlongs but an ability to stay further is never a bad thing in a race of this nature. He is partnered by a good five pound claimer and he will have no issues if the ground dries out or gets slightly slower. Instant Attraction wasn't beaten far from this mark in both the Investec Mile at Epsom and the Hunt Cup at Ascot last season, He was also close up in the Spring Mile from four pound lower here and in the Thirsk Hunt cup from two pounds lower in the same campaign and goes well fresh. A large field, strong pace over a mile are the parameters that bring out the best in him and he is likely to run his race more than some.

3.15 - Kempton - Noble Gift. 0.75 pts e/w. Available at 18/1.

5.50 - Doncaster - Deeley's Double. 1 pt e/w. Available at 12/1.

Last edited:
Ok, so I couldn't resist posting today.

Instant Attraction. 0.75 pts e/w. Available at 22/1. (William Hill, 1/5 odds first 5)
As the years progress the Lincoln is becoming a more compressed handicap for older established handicappers. The progressive, younger horses invariably end up in the Spring Mile and the stats for this race could well find themselves changing in future years. Yuften has past Group One form and, along with Top Notch Tonto, he could be a horse well ahead of his current mark. It not's surprising that he heads the market and his rival has been well supported. However at bigger prices chances are given to Master Carpenter and Instant Attraction. Master Carpenter had some decent form to his name at the beginning of last season in Group Three comapny and, although he ended the campaign on a lower note, he resumes this season on a mark five pounds lower than when winning his only handicap at York back in July 2015. That came over an extended 10 furlongs but an ability to stay further is never a bad thing in a race of this nature. He is partnered by a good five pound claimer and he will have no issues if the ground dries out or gets slightly slower. Instant Attraction wasn't beaten far from this mark in both the Investec Mile at Epsom and the Hunt Cup at Ascot last season, He was also close up in the Spring Mile from four pound lower here and in the Thirsk Hunt cup from two pounds lower in the same campaign and goes well fresh. A large field, strong pace over a mile are the parameters that bring out the best in him and he is likely to run his race more than some.
I get your logic on Instant Attraction. From memory this has form that ties in with Donncha.

Edit - Spring Mile form it was, (2016).

Incidentally Finn Class runs tomorrow at Doncaster; he was fifth behind Donncha and Instant Attraction in that race, (went on to beat Instant Attraction in the Thirsk Hunt Cup), so they could boost Finn Class's form or pay it a nice compliment. I haven't looked at the runners tomorrow, but I'd be sweet on Finn Class off 85, especially if these two ran well today.

Last edited:
Incidentally Finn Class runs tomorrow at Doncaster; he was fifth behind Donncha and Instant Attraction in that race, (went on to beat Instant Attraction in the Thirsk Hunt Cup), so they could boost Finn Class's form or pay it a nice compliment. I haven't looked at the runners tomorrow, but I'd be sweet on Finn Class off 85, especially if these two ran well today.

Decent enough, 3rd and (7th or 8th).

Finn Class possible bet Sunday.

Uttoxeter 3.40
Greybougg has been running well over a shorter trip but his runs at today's distance have left me unconvinced he'll stay. Buttercup looked to be starting to feel the effects of a busy few months last time out and isn't for me up 6lb. Instead Allbarnone looks well handicapped and can go well on 2nd chase start. 13/2 looks fair

That went well

Jacob cats kempton.
Masterson Chelmsford - de Sousa heading from Kemp just for this ride
Nimr 2.25 Donny
Birchwood/tupi 1.50
Third time lucky/yuften 3.35
Kool kompany 3.00
Almane 4.20

Good luck all

My best day for a long time, a four fold and two trebles across my bets, doubles and singles.

3:05 Ascot Dark Flame. Like this one on favourable ground conditions. 7-1 worth a go.

Each way patent:

Khelman
Ninjago
Top of the glass

Richard Fahey multiples too for a bit of fun.

Dolos at Ascot and am going to chance champagne at Tara as hoping something just amiss at Cheltenham.

Right...time to end a poor weekend with a good winner. Western Duke (Don 5:05). Major chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back