What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been watching out for Eddiemaurice since The Betfair Hurdle, (Taunton 4:30), will love the good ground, and has a great chance at this level.

Mind you, I've said this about a few horses recently that have done nothing. He's a strong fancy of mine but I'm not getting carried away.

There's a load of pace/front runners in Red Rum Chase, they can't all make all, most will give way, and they may set the race up for something that can make up places during the race and close-in towards the finish, namely Yorkist.

Ravens Tower has a similar profile, so a reverse forecast on the two looks a decent speculation.

Eddiemaurice & Yorkist each way double also.

Limerick 2:35 - Brave Poppy (9/1)

Byrnes for McManus. Won a Bumper at the course, and off the track for over a year since. Returns in about as poor a maiden hurdle as you will find anywhere.

TAUNTON 3.15 DAKLONDIKE 4/1

3.15 Taunton - Daklondike - Pipe Yard. The race is THE NICK AYLIFFE MEMORIAL HANDICAP HURDLE - Nick Ayliffe's son Martin is Assistant at the Pipe yard. Daklondike has been campaigned over 2m when he won a PTP over 3m. Races today over 3m. Looks a proper plot to win the race named after the assistants father.

There's a load of pace/front runners in Red Rum Chase, they can't all make all, most will give way, and they may set the race up for something that can make up places during the race and close-in towards the finish, namely Yorkist.

Ravens Tower has a similar profile, so a reverse forecast on the two looks a decent speculation.

Eddiemaurice & Yorkist each way double also.
Eddiemaurice now in a 3 runner race, due to about 4 non runners. Its very disappointing. No doubt their trainers knew their fate, so fucked the entire betting market up. Nice one gentlemen. Thanks a lot (not).

My bets [1pt win on each @ BOG]

3.05 Leicester-Handytalk @ 15-2 [Paddy Power]
4.15 Leicester-Faithful Creek @ 8-1 [Ladbrokes]
5.00 Sedgefield-Jac The Legend @ 5-2 [Skybet]
5.25 Leicester-Green Howard @ 13-2 [Bet Bright]
5.30 Sedgefield-Nicki's Nipper @ 11-4 [Bet Victor]

Aintree 4.05
Eastlake 16/1 (5 places 365)

This is the best bet on the card today by a mile to my eyes.

Aintree:

Ice Cold Soul
Moon Racer
Sub Lieutenant
At WOrlds End
Eastlake/Alelchi Inois

Air Show - Leicester - thanks Slim
Les Arceaux - Johnny Murtagh 2/3 bringing them over, handicap debut - could be anything.

Good luck all

Eastlake - drifting on the exchanges, compared to Bouvreuil, showing up blue on oddschecker with at least 50 percent of bookmakers.

I put it to you, Lord Slim, that (a) JP is actually on Bouvreuil, (b) the word Affliciation doesn't actually exist?

Last edited:
Eastlake - drifting on the exchanges, compared to Bouvreuil, showing up blue on oddschecker with at least 50 percent of bookmakers.

I put it to you, Lord Slim, that (a) JP is actually on Bouvreuil, (b) the word Affliciation doesn't actually exist?

:lol: 1-0 to marble there :D

Good to see you got my title correct.

Sonic Boom in 10.30 @ Keenland is overpriced at 16/1 with B365. Think he could grab a place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3.05 Leicester-Handytalk @ 15-2 [Paddy Power]
4.15 Leicester-Faithful Creek @ 8-1 [Ladbrokes]
5.00 Sedgefield-Jac The Legend @ 5-2 [Skybet]:) @ 11-4
5.25 Leicester-Green Howard @ 13-2 [Bet Bright]
5.30 Sedgefield-Nicki's Nipper @ 11-4 [Bet Victor]

Loss of 1.25pts

1.40 Chepstow-Top Ville Ben @ 11-8 [Bet Victor]
3.20 Newcastle-Court Baloo @ 15-2 [Bet Bright]
3.55 Newcastle-Un Noble @ 15-2 [Bet Bright]
4.50 Lingfield-Moneyoryourlife @ 6-4 [Skybet]
5.00 Newcastle-Duhallowcountry @ 9-1 [Bet Bright]

Aintree 1.45
Dadsintrouble looks overpriced at 22/1 with BetVictor. This fella looked progressive at 3m before finding the 20f too sharp in the Martin Pipe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bit of a shot in the dark but going to have a few quid on smash williams (10/1) in tomorrow's gladness stakes. Market not speaking favourably for it but looked full of promise on first two starts. Just got to its match fit and the extra furlong suits.

1.40 Chepstow-Top Ville Ben @ 11-8 [Bet Victor]
3.20 Newcastle-Court Baloo @ 15-2 [Bet Bright]
3.55 Newcastle-Un Noble @ 15-2 [Bet Bright]
4.50 Lingfield-Moneyoryourlife @ 6-4 [Skybet]
5.00 Newcastle-Duhallowcountry @ 9-1 [Bet Bright]

Loss of 5pts

Lingfield 5:00 Hong Kong Joe.

Opening show price 4/1, priced accordingly, at the head of the betting. Great chance. Worthy of putting on the will win thread, but I've ran out of lifelines there!

Last edited:

2.10 Pontefract-Auspicion @ 15-2 [Bet Bright]
3.40 Pontefract-Medicine Hat @ 9-4 [Paddy Power]
4.40 Pontefract-Always Thankful @ 9-4 [Bet 365]
5.10 Pontefract-Thaqaffa @ 9-2 [Bet Victor]
5.40 Pontefract-Gulf Of Poets @ 7-1 [Paddy Power]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back