What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't always pay to overlook the obvious.

I've done this a lot down the years!

I would be prepared to chance Sir Dancealot at about 9/1 though.
Assuming he puts his best foot forward I see him running very well.

Last edited:
Ennaadd has a 3lb penalty in the Paradise, but his fitness advantage should more than compensate. Disadvantaged by the tardy pace in the AW mile championship, the stronger pace and stiffer track ahould see more improvement from him, and 11/4 was taken with some confidence

My bets [1pt win on each]

2.10 Nottingham-Aquadabra @ 3-1 [Betfred]
3.00 Brighton-Bahamian Sunrise @ 2-1 [Paddy Power]
3.25 Yarmouth-Hint Of Grey @ 9-4 [Skybet]
3.45 Nottingham-La Casa Tarifa @ 15-8 [Stan James]
4.00 Yarmouth-Longside @ 9-2 [Bet Victor]
4.40 Brighton-Lastmanlastround @ 15-2 [Bet Victor]:)
4.50 Nottingham-Stanarley Pic @ 9-1 [Bet Victor]
5.00 Yarmouth-Ernststavroblofeld @ 7-2 [Skybet]

Profit of 0.5pt

My bets [1pt win on each @ BOG]

2.15 Pontefract-Marsh Storm @ 5-2 [Bet Victor]
2.25 Wolverhampton-Star Ascending @ 7-2 [Skybet]

I've combined Placebackers two selections, with Reet Hard's and Euro's picks today.
Put two of my own in as well at Wolverhampton, 1:20 Castlerea Tess and 3:00 Luduamf.

Win lucky 63

Last edited:
COuldn't believe the price on Yalta so have availed myself each way. Won first two runs last year (6f) before being campaigned at 5f. Breaking the course record for two year olds over 5f in a group race. then went off the boil but would expect Johnston to have Yalta primed and ready to go again and hopefully has grown and strengthened back over 6f.

Kaspersky is interesting having won group races in Italy and Germany. Now in with Jane Chapple Hyam who does well with the odd horse and had a 50-1 winner the other day with one bought out of another yard. Each way punt.

Short price multiples with Ryan Moore looks like the way to go also.

I've combined Placebackers two selections, with Reet Hard's and Euro's picks today.
Put two of my own in as well at Wolverhampton, 1:20 Castlerea Tess and 3:00 Luduamf.

Win lucky 63
Five losers so far. Just reet hards left to go. Whatever I pick..gets beat. Dissapointing.

Last edited:
Ennaadd has a 3lb penalty in the Paradise, but his fitness advantage should more than compensate. Disadvantaged by the tardy pace in the AW mile championship, the stronger pace and stiffer track ahould see more improvement from him, and 11/4 was taken with some confidence

i fancy modialiste, so yours should walk it

Blue Point receives 4lbs from Harry Angel and has (on my figures) two 121 time ratings to his credit from Doncaster and York last season, both over 6f which is clearly his trip. If he's straight for tomorrow - and he's likely to be - he'll win. I missed 9/4 this morning but managed to get 2/1. It doesn't always pay to overlook the obvious.

At the prices in the Sagaro, I quite like Harbour Law. He has a penalty, of course, but he may still be on the up. His trainer isn't fashionable and that tends to be reflected in the odds at which he starts.

blue point and harry angel very impressive

blue point and harry angel very impressive

Indeed. If Harry Angel ever learns to settle, he's a superstar in the making. There are reasons to be optimistic: Marsha used to race very freely early last season but became more tractable with racing and ended up winning the Abbaye and Priceless (from the same yard as Harry Angel) was a headcase at one stage and pulled away her chance in last year's Pavilion but has settled down and has a leading chance in Saturday's Palace House Stakes.

Nearly Caught was a good bet, shame his **** of a trainer ran something to beat him. If he were mine I'd be looking for another trainer.

Betting is seriously ******* me off at the moment.

I feel the same. I'm seriously considering renewing my teenage passion of dj'ing and getting on the turntables again. ;)

Its much more exciting than trying to make horse racing pay.

At least its possible to get paid for picking a few selections. :)

In my case, old house and garage bangers. :)

Last edited:
It'll pass. Certain type of defeats really **** me off - like bottom weights with zero form and stable companions.

Chester Cup???!!! One of the worst examples - when Overturn got beat by Il De Re. I celebrated when the Rooney's took all their horses from that ****'s stable.

2.00 Redcar-Society's Dream @ 5-1 [Bet Victor]
3.10 Lingfield-Author's Dream @ 7-4 [Paddy Power]
4.10 Lingfield-Battered @ 7-1 [Betbright]
4.40 Lingfield-Sandra's Secret @ 10-3 [Bet Victor]
4.50 Towcester-Brown Bear @ 4-1 [Paddy Power]

5.00 - Redcar:
State Residence. 1 pt e/w. Available at 10/1.
Cosmic Sky. 1 pt e/w. Available at 11/1.
Handicaps restricted to three year olds are not normally races we show much interest in usually but there are a couple in this field who look worth supporting at double figure prices. Cosmic Sky is a five raced maiden who has yet to place but there was plenty of promise in her seasonal reappearance over six furlongs here last month. She was noted doing some good late work and, with stamina on her Dam's side, she could find improvement now she steps up to a mile. The first time hood she wore there is retained. State Residence showed promise in two of his three A/W maidens for David Simcock before switching yards to David O'Meara. He followed that with a promising midfield run, beaten three and half lengths, on his handicap debut at Lingfield. He has since disappointed on the Fibresand, a surface which doesn't suit every horse, and been gelded. He makes his turf debut from a workable mark and his talented jockey takes off a useful five pounds.

5.10 - Lingfield - Bosphorous Prince. 2 pts win. Available at 11/2.
Over half this field are capable of winning this handicap but, with Teak now a non runner there is a distinct lack of pace. Bosporous Prince has been ridden prominently and he could get a soft lead here. He has had just the four starts and, although beaten easier than the distance suggests by Bay Of Poets last time out at Wolverhampton over an extended nine furlongs, he was clear second best and strongly suggested that a stiffer test would suit. He gets that today and he could be a difficult to pass if he is allowed to set his own fractions. The balance of his form points to his mark being one he could exploit.

7.10 - Musselburgh - Ralphy Boy. 1.5 pts win. Available at 8/1.

8.10 - Musselburgh - Alsvinder. 2.5 pts win. Available at 4/1.

Last edited:
Late message for Yogiyogiyogi in the 2.10 Lingfield. Each way market on Betfair the place to bet it.

5.00 - Redcar:
State Residence. 1 pt e/w. Available at 10/1.
Cosmic Sky. 1 pt e/w. Available at 11/1.
Handicaps restricted to three year olds are not normally races we show much interest in usually but there are a couple in this field who look worth supporting at double figure prices. Cosmic Sky is a five raced maiden who has yet to place but there was plenty of promise in her seasonal reappearance over six furlongs here last month. She was noted doing some good late work and, with stamina on her Dam's side, she could find improvement now she steps up to a mile. The first time hood she wore there is retained. State Residence showed promise in two of his three A/W maidens for David Simcock before switching yards to David O'Meara. He followed that with a promising midfield run, beaten three and half lengths, on his handicap debut at Lingfield. He has since disappointed on the Fibresand, a surface which doesn't suit every horse, and been gelded. He makes his turf debut from a workable mark and his talented jockey takes off a useful five pounds.

5.10 - Lingfield - Bosphorous Prince. 2 pts win. Available at 11/2.
Over half this field are capable of winning this handicap but, with Teak now a non runner there is a distinct lack of pace. Bosporous Prince has been ridden prominently and he could get a soft lead here. He has had just the four starts and, although beaten easier than the distance suggests by Bay Of Poets last time out at Wolverhampton over an extended nine furlongs, he was clear second best and strongly suggested that a stiffer test would suit. He gets that today and he could be a difficult to pass if he is allowed to set his own fractions. The balance of his form points to his mark being one he could exploit.

7.10 - Musselburgh - Ralphy Boy. 1.5 pts win. Available at 8/1.

8.10 - Musselburgh - Alsvinder. 2.5 pts win. Available at 4/1.

Sorry bud, I'm on Alsvinder too which means it won't win! Trixie with Theo's Lolly and Pearly Prince.

I fancy Snookered today too along with Ellaal at Muss tonight at bigger prices.

Good luck

Chester Cup???!!! One of the worst examples - when Overturn got beat by Il De Re. I celebrated when the Rooney's took all their horses from that ****'s stable.

My anti-post fancy..Mirsaale.... has been taken out.

A horse in the same ownership, but with trainer Jim Goldie, Sir Chauvelin...... is not without with an each way chance.

He's a 5 year old, with loads of improvement to come, and ran a good trial when 2nd the other day. He's catching the eye at a juicy price.

Last edited:

2.00 Redcar-Society's Dream @ 5-1 [Bet Victor]
3.10 Lingfield-Author's Dream @ 7-4 [Paddy Power]
4.10 Lingfield-Battered @ 7-1 [Betbright]
4.40 Lingfield-Sandra's Secret @ 10-3 [Bet Victor]:) @ 4-1
4.50 Towcester-Brown Bear @ 4-1 [Paddy Power]

Level

My bets [1pt win on each]

1.20 Chepstow-Admiral's Sunset @ 4-1 [Skybet]
1.50 Chepstow-Perfect Quest @ 11-8 [Bet 365]
2.10 Lingfield-Willwams @ 11-8 [Ladbrokes]