What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the hope that it leathers down at some point I've chanced Hawkbill. His trainer has said they'll go where the ground is so if the rain doesn't arrive he should be pulled out.

In the hope that it leathers down at some point I've chanced Hawkbill. His trainer has said they'll go where the ground is so if the rain doesn't arrive he should be pulled out.

It was good to soft two days ago so I don't imagine the ground will be a problem.

Tuftrax have it as good (7.3) at 16.46 last night, with risk of thunderstorms this afternoon and evening. - it's in the lap of the Gods.

Last edited:
De Bruyne Horse hasn't looked the best of movers in his two races to date; despite winning a weakish race by 7l LTO. He's drawn widest of all today in the Woodcote and I can see him having problems on the 6f track which is a tough ask for 2 year olds. He'll need to break sharpish and bag that rail or he has nowhere near the chance his 6/4 odds suggest IMO.

Cardsharp posted a decent effort when trying to concede 6lb in a nice Ascot race last time having won well on his debut and I'm surprised there's so much between him (currently best price 11/4) and the fav.

and I'm not sure about the quality of the race Zap won at York either.

Cardsharp my only bet on the supporting card.

Hoping fahey has a good day with the following Yankee at epsom

2.00 Ventura dragon 14-1
2.35 Home cummins 20-1
3.45 Imshivalla 14-1
5.50 atteq 18-1

Each way obviously!!

Heinz bet

3.00 Catterick - Berryessa
6.10 Goodwood - Gabrial The Thug
6.20 Bath - Dahik
6.40 Goodwood - Collateral
7.00 Doncaster - Commander
8.50 Bath - Captain Couragious

I wouldn't put anyone off Stanghow at Catterick today (4:55).

I backed him when he won last year, coming back into form now. He's a genuine horse on his day.
I think he might get better over 6 furlongs this season.

Last edited:
De Bruyne Horse hasn't looked the best of movers in his two races to date; despite winning a weakish race by 7l LTO. He's drawn widest of all today in the Woodcote and I can see him having problems on the 6f track which is a tough ask for 2 year olds. He'll need to break sharpish and bag that rail or he has nowhere near the chance his 6/4 odds suggest IMO.

Cardsharp posted a decent effort when trying to concede 6lb in a nice Ascot race last time having won well on his debut and I'm surprised there's so much between him (currently best price 11/4) and the fav.

and I'm not sure about the quality of the race Zap won at York either.

Cardsharp my only bet on the supporting card.

Got the SP moves correct and De Bruyne Horse did indeed fail to handle the track as well as Cardsharp, but when he finally got upsides half way up the straight it was all over. The winner doesn't half eat up the ground in the latter part of his races.

I wouldn't put anyone off Stanghow at Catterick today (4:55).

I backed him when he won last year, coming back into form now. He's a genuine horse on his day.
I think he might get better over 6 furlongs this season.
Another good run. 2nd at 10/1. Must be a good day or two to be had with him this season.

Last edited:
I give a good shout to Zoffany's Pride in the handicap at Navan at 3:00. When trained by Andrew Balding over here, I thought she looked a really well handicapped horse, or what you might say, was a winner waiting to happen, before being sent to Charles Byrnes. She then did precious little in maiden hurdles, during the winter in Ireland, but its possible she'll bounce back now in this sphere. Support in the betting market would be encouraging. In any event, she's a good each way chance, on last seasons flat form in England.

Last edited:
5.50 Epsom - Watchable. 12/1

In form.
Mark ok.
Drawn the right side.
Speed track should suit his run style.

My bets [1pt win on each @ BOG]

1.55 Chester-Highland Pass @ 9-4 [Bet Victor]:)
2.45 Cartmel-Card Game @ 6-1 [Paddy Power]
3.20 Cartmel-Go West Young Man @ 9-4 [Ladbrokes]
3.40 Chester-Sands Chorus @ 4-1 [Skybet]
3.50 York-Out Do @ 7-1 [Paddy Power]
4.30 Cartmel-Quick Brew @ 11-2 [Bet Victor] Aband
4.55 Goodwood-Pettochside @ 11-2 [Skybet]
5.20 Chester-Voski @ 2-1 [Skybet]

Loss of 3.75pts

1.40 Musselburgh-Wigan Warrior @ 5-2 [Bet Victor]
2.50 Musselburgh-Unforgetable Filly @ 7-4 [Paddy Power]
3.10 Epsom-Ballet Concerto @ 9-1 [Bet Victor]
4.05 Worcester-Miss Crick @ 5-1 [Paddy Power]
4.55 Musselburgh-Lexington Place @ 11-2 [Bet Victor]
5.15 Epsom-Shraaoh @ 3-1 [Paddy Power]

Senewalk goes in the 20:00 at Tramore tonight. He is dropped back to 2m5f today, after losing over 3m at Punchestown in May - which he either needed badly, or which exposed him as just not very good.

At 13/8 (B365, others), I have given him the benefit of the doubt.

1.40 Musselburgh-Wigan Warrior @ 5-2 [Bet Victor]
2.50 Musselburgh-Unforgetable Filly @ 7-4 [Paddy Power]
3.10 Epsom-Ballet Concerto @ 9-1 [Bet Victor]
4.05 Worcester-Miss Crick @ 5-1 [Paddy Power]
4.55 Musselburgh-Lexington Place @ 11-2 [Bet Victor]
5.15 Epsom-Shraaoh @ 3-1 [Paddy Power]

Four more to go for £60k

Dozy ride from Dobbs there on Oh This Is Us . Rather glad he did not find much close home.

Dissapointed with mine. Lost her way has Zoffany's Pride. Another time or day for her I think.

Looks like 20f is a stretch for her although she's won over C&D before. Had a big bet (for me) on her so gutted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4.00 Chantilly Silverware

Is a close to a certainty thats possible imo, only a non complete can stop it winning. One of the strongest bets of the season imo.

I fancy Alan King to land a double later today. Newton Abbot 4:10 Passmore & Leicester 6:00 Magic Moments. The win double is the bet. I'm also interested in an unraced horse from Brian Meehans yard, which is being nibbled, called Ididitforyoooo. (Leicester 3:50). Were this horse to keep shortening, from the current 12/1 mark..I think it should be backed win or each way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back