What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Luck

6.15 Lingfield-Wiretap @ 4-1 [Ladbrokes] BOG

Favourite looks solid but think this horse will run a big race

Windsor 4:35 Vimy Ridge - A well backed 10/1 outsider this evening. Formerly with Richard Fahey, he came right back to form this time last season when dropped in the handicap to a mark in the low seventies. He has not done much this season, but he's been dropped in the handicap as a result, to a mark in low seventies once again. Two of his wins came at this track, so he is fancied to return to his best form tomorrow.

Last edited:
18:20 Ballinrobe - Perfect Tapatino 5/4
19:00 Windsor - Midnight Meeting 6/5
20:00 Windsor - Dubai Silk 15/8

Wolves 8:10 Tom Dascombe's horse, Zoffalee, being backed as if a lot better peformance is expected tonight. I'm just giving it a mention.

Last edited:
Kempton 8:30. Barton Mills - He recently changed hands to a shrewd handler in George Scott. Only the top weight and Barton Mills have been running against good opposition this season (on turf). Barton Mills has hinted at liking Kempton, having won his first race here and then finishing third off a two pound higher mark. I'm going to put a line through his recent turf form. Having won first time out once already I think the 47 days off might help him. He's crying out to be backed now at 12/1 or thereabouts.

Last edited:
Beverley 3:00 Jack Nevison - He is another horse to have changed hands, a couple of times, as Henry Candy couldn't get a win out of him and John O Shea only ran him twice. If Michael Appleby can't improve him I doubt anyone can. Having said that, he has won once already for Michael Appleby. This looks just the right type of contest for him to flourish in. He has a big chance today.

Last edited:
Kempton 6:00 - New Queen has been running considerably green this season and looks a precarious type. Nevertheless, she has still finished 2nd and 3rd in two starts thus far, and the extra trip, plus the fitting of a new hood should be sufficient for the horse to run really well today. She is my third fancy today: so makes up my third selection for a decent Trixie.

Last edited:
Kempton 8:30. Barton Mills - He recently changed hands to a shrewd handler in George Scott. Only the top weight and Barton Mills have been running against good opposition this season (on turf). Barton Mills has hinted at liking Kempton, having won his first race here and then finishing third off a two pound higher mark. I'm going to put a line through his recent turf form. Having won first time out once already I think the 47 days off might help him. He's crying out to be backed now at 12/1 or thereabouts.

The layers are out in force. The writing looks on the wall....

Saturday picks..from the blog..(done my homework early) :)

Ripon
2:05 RELATED can win the silver cup tomorrow Ripon. I reckon the key to his chance is his excellent form on sharp tracks like Goodwood. Ripon is one of these right handed sharp tracks. He is well enough handicapped. He needs a bit of luck.

3:15
Everyone Knows Eve Johnson Houghton has been in great form this season. I will give ICE AGE another chance now back in a valuable handicap. He carries a big weight. He has the class to overcome it. I reckon he can win this race, on his way to better things, perhaps even group races next season.

Newmarket 3:20
The 8 year old, LUCKY BEGGAR is fancied to return to winning form, at a track he ran his career best at as a 3 year old. On a career low rating, for a horse who has amassed over 100K in prize money in his career. There are 16 runners at present, (see how long that lasts!). Marble believes he's the each way value in the race. A good ride for Fran Berry too.

**** the bookies - Peace out..:)

Last edited:
Am early too, Marble, good luck with your picks.

My Saturday bet already placed is in Ripon's Great St. Wilfred sprint (15:15): Shanghai Glory e/w (at 11/1 with PP). Best of the near-side group last year, and this year more favourably drawn in Stall 2. Has a sporting chance in this wide-open handicap.

Morning

3.15 Ripon-​Al Qahwa

Each Way @ 14-1 [188 Bet] 6 Places

Caught my eye at Royal Ascot

I've done Shanghai Glory. He's been the mainstay of my tracker list for almost as long as that ****** Polybius.

On Dream of Dreams ap for the Hungerford. Should at least hit the frame.

Dismal run by my bet, Shanghai Glory, stone last of the far side group! :(

Must say, on the Hungerford Stakes at Newbury, Gerald Mosse is the perfect rider for Sir Dancealot. He has always been one of the world's finest jockeys for delivering a come-from-behind horse at exactly the right moment. He's over 50-years-old, think he'll go on for ever! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Southwell 3.25 Too Many Diamonds
This horse was only narrowly outstayed by More Bucks in the Summer Plate (well clear of the others) and is a triple C&D winner. A 7lb increase looks manageable and the 3/1 with Powers may be decent value

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reminder viking, backed it LTO 2 r 3 weeks back, ran a cracker n thought need to get on it NTO

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Surprised to see this horse drifting with the dodge pot Hargam being backed

Hargram about as reliable as a British Leyland mini maestro, happy to see it shorten. Double n singles on with Bateel at Deaville

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Bollox. Beaten by the one of the others I discounted as a dodge pot

Surprised to see this horse drifting with the dodge pot Hargam being backed

Punters fell into the trap that they thought he won last time because of the 100 day break

Not the case at all. The change in ground which he needs is why he won.

He's a burly type who needs a run. Dodgy or not John Quinn will find another race for him and soon.

Chai Chai (3.10L) travelled all over his field for a facile win in a strongly run race at Chester. Dropped in nto, from a wide draw in a much better race at Goodwood, his jockey left him with a mountain to climb as a consequence - though the RP analyst did descibe his finish as 'eyecatcing'.
The icing on the cake is that Oisin Murphy travels North to ride him leaving him about 2 hours to travel to - and weigh out for- the 6.00 at Windsor, on a ride for his main retainer.
Generally 9/2, though he has been bigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back