What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
20-runners and a very open handicap but will have a modest punt on Escobar in the 15:00 at Goodwood. See from RP that it's been backed down to 13/2 from 12/1 today (touched 6/1). Seems to be improving all the time, well-drawn as long as he doesn't get boxed-in up the straight. Better make it e/w I guess in such a big field. Good luck today with your bets!

Vale Of Kent declared again tomorrow after his second placing on Wednesday. Surely a good thing, no? The main danger is the stablemate Lake Volta, so I advocate a reverse forecast on them, with a win single on Vale Of Kent, (to at least) recoup mine and Outsiders anti-post losing bets on Vale Of Kent for The Gigaset International and the Golden Mile.) I'm quite confident about this.

Last edited:
Let's hope so with Escobar, Marble! Best of luck with Vale of Kent, and the R/F too!

Also had an e/w bet on Gold Bonne Raine at 9/1 in the last at Bangor (16:50). Mare has a squeak on some form in this weak-looking event. See no reason on breeding why she should not stay the distance. Good trainer of jumpers, promising young conditional rides.

Last edited:
Hit a right bad patch. Escobar a bit unlucky in running but that's always possible at Goodwood, so no excuses. Other one very disappointing. So, better not chase losses so modest Saturday bet on Foxtrot Lady (at 6/1 with Laddies) in the mad dash Stewards' Cup (3:40).

Good luck with your bets today guys!

Last edited:
Good luck

4.55 Lingfield-Plucky Dip

Each Way @ 20-1 (Paddy Power)

Big price for a horse who is well handicapped

Hit a right bad patch. Escobar a bit unlucky in running but that's always possible at Goodwood, so no excuses. Other one very disappointing. So, better not chase losses so modest Saturday bet on Foxtrot Lady (at 6/1 with Laddies) in the mad dash Stewards' Cup (3:40).

Good luck with your bets today guys!

15.40 Foxtrot Lady has got an obvious chance, she seems in great form and I'm hopeful she will run very well.

A.Balding

Jim Goldie is in form...I reckon Sir Chauvelin will run a big race in the next race....Lake Volta a N/R later on but Vale O Kent surely should go very close again. A shame about not being able to do a reverse forecast. A fine handicapper is Vale Of Kent.

Last edited:
Thanks Tanlic, shame about the dodgy rule 4...Chapman just being holding those bookies bang to rights.....and rightly so, imo.......

Well that's tonights beer money sorted! Also... that was the first leg in a win patent for me.

Got Tis Marvellous in The Stewards and Vale Of Kent later...see how we go...

Last edited:
Galway Sunday 2:45...Quite a strong fancy by my standards on the J Motherway trained horse whose name I have forgotten. Really solid horse this very consistent sort. Races off a mark of 108 which I believe is significantly lower than its chase mark, strongly fancied, but is first reserve so will need something to come out to get a run.

Last edited:
Jim Goldie is in form...I reckon Sir Chauvelin will run a big race in the next race....Lake Volta a N/R later on but Vale O Kent surely should go very close again. A shame about not being able to do a reverse forecast. A fine handicapper is Vale Of Kent.

Well done Martin,i still cant believe i didnt back sir chauvelin.
Ive just looked at my bets to come and i did a ew trixie.
Classic seniority NR,Gifted master and Vale of Kent. Come on Johnson make our day.

Well done Martin,i still cant believe i didnt back sir chauvelin.
Ive just looked at my bets to come and i did a ew trixie.
Classic seniority NR,Gifted master and Vale of Kent. Come on Johnson make our day.

Boom Martin.the day has just got better.

Cheers any idea on future targets for Vale Of Kent. Is he a 7 furlong horse or a mile horse? One more big handicap in him? Off a mark probably in the low 100's?

Last edited:
Cheers any idea on future targets for Vale Of Kent. Is he a 7 furlong horse or a mile horse? One more big handicap in him? Off a mark probably in the low 100's?

I havent a clue mate.its a case of job done though.johnson loves glorious goodwood.
A normal trainer would be now trying to get his mark down for next year but next time if he runs against older horses he will be getting weight for age.

Laying those 2 year olds yesterday produced 353 pound profit to a level 100 stake

Only 3 2yo races to lay fav today so I could be back down to 53 quid up by the end of the day but what the hell ;0)

City lights 215D 4/1 i think it has a good chance today,but at a price i like UNFORTUNATELY ive took 16/1 9 places bet365 extra place market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back