What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fastman 20's into 8's in Yorks 2:40. That's a big move. This can't all be down to two non runners. I fancy Fastman to run a big race.

Last edited:
Well, yesterday's effort was awful, could not have been worse, but I'll have a modest punt today on these two, at Chepstow again. There's loads of rain there apparently, so the going will certainly be very soft or heavy, for sure. Win on each, and e/w double:

16:00 Chepstow - Carole's Destrier
(Last season's efforts were dire, but did show a glimmer of hope for a revival last April at Sandown. Hopefully, will put in a decent run in this veterans' chase).

17:40 Chepstow - Lisnagar Oscar
(Rules debut, but won his only P2P in Ireland easily in very testing conditions. Very well bred for NH racing).

It’s going to be a real slog at Chepstow today. Raining heavily now with not much sign of stopping until late afternoon according to BBC weather. Expect to see a fair few non-runners
Bishops Road may be worth a second look in the veterans chase at 14/1 while Ballyhill. could be decent value in the 5.10 at 5/1

Timiyan could be worth another chance in the Munster Nash as he’s surely better than he showed in the Kerry Nash when his race was effectively ended by a bad blunder at the first. At 16/1 I’ll take a chance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Para Mio a very well bred horse and the betting market is telling me this has a real chance today, (Yarmouth 4:30).

A few decent races on the.jumps tomorrow at Huntingdon. Looks to my naked eye that Sparky Stowaway is on a fair rating to take advantage of in the 3:45, based on what he has already shown in Ireland. It's his first start for new trainer Paul Webber. Market support would enhance his perceived chance, but in any event he will be carrying my sterling as he should be a few pounds higher up in the weights, imho.

Last edited:
A few decent races on the.jumps tomorrow at Huntingdon. Looks to my naked eye that Sparky Stowaway is on a fair rating to take advantage of in the 3:45, based on what he has already shown in Ireland. It's his first start for new trainer Paul Webber. Market support would enhance his perceived chance, but in any event he will be carrying my sterling as he should be a few pounds higher up in the weights, imho.

Nice to hear.

Redcar 3:50 GRINTY- A course and distance winner last season off an 11lb higher mark, although this was in maiden company as opposed to a handicap. He has been gelded after a few poor performances this season. Bearing in mind, his win at Redcar last season was after a break. He has had another break, this time of two months. It's interesting his trainer brings him out so late this season, presumably to try to win. He is nicely weighted if he finds his best form. I will pay to find out at 8/1.

Last edited:
Here is my Goliath (win) today. Eight horses I reckon have good chances. Haydock. 2:00 Marchformen 3:05 Lord Oberon 3:35 Fastar 5:15 Show Of Strength. Redcar 3:20 Bary's 3:50 Grinty. Fakenham. 2:05 Collodi 2:35 Master Of Finance

Last edited:
Top class meeting at Caulfield [Australia] in the early hours

Two bets for me

2.15 am-Zargos @ 12-1 [Paddy Power]..Won on debut
03.25-Eduardo @ 23-10 [Paddy Power]..Ran well all four starts ​Nap

Top class meeting at Caulfield [Australia] in the early hours

Two bets for me

2.15 am-Zargos @ 12-1 [Paddy Power]..Won on debut 3rd
03.25-Eduardo @ 23-10 [Paddy Power]..Ran well all four starts ​Nap...WON

Worth getting up early for:)

Early bet for Canterbury Park tomorrow morning in Australia [9.45]

​Destiny's Own @ 3-1 [Bet 365]

Price looks fair as ran well last couple of times

Like the two Greatrex runners in Carlisle. He had a poor enough season last year but horses running better so far this season.
1.55 Trio for Rio 2pts ew
3.05 Evron 1 pt win

Kenstone (Chelmsford 7:45) has improved considerably since switching trainers to Adrian Wintle. His 2yo and 3yo form was far from special, but after moving to Adrians Wintle's yard, he won five races last season, including over this course and distance. He won again two starts ago, so there is no reason he can"t go again in today. 12/1 well worth a bet. Win and each way.

Last edited:
Have had a bet on Gentlemen in the 7.15 Chelmsford, i've actually taken 18 and 19 on the fair a few hours ago, was 14/1 generally with the books, backed into 8/1 now but still backable imo.
Has a very good record at Chelmsford over 6/7fs but no win for 2 years plus, but having his 1st run since Feb was only btn 1 3/4lengths although 9th of 14. Record of 2115R11484U over 6/7fs and McEntee has a knack of bringing horses back after a while in the wilderness note Swiss Cross 3 days ago winning again after 28 winless runs, this ones had 27 runs without winning but has dropped from mid 90s to 74-5 tonight. Just hope he doesn't refuse to race!

Cheltenham 3.10 Vive le Roi 18/1 Power
This will obviously take more winning than his recent Stratford successes and he’s got a fairly chunky 9lb rise to contend with but he’s improving and the 18/1 looks a decent each way price (5 places)

I feel I'm already on a loser but when I saw I had Make My Heart Fly 12lbs clear in the opener at Cheltenham I checked the betting expecting it to be about 6/4 (Elliot & Johnson, so why not) so I was very surprised to see 100/30 on offer, which I promptly took as much of as I was allowed. Later in the evening I saw it was a best-priced 11/4 so went to bed feeling smug. (Smug isn't my wife's nickname.)

Imagine my horror this morning on seeing it sitting covered in pink at 6/1. :blink::ninja:

I'm wondering if it has woken up with only two legs.

I feel I'm already on a loser but when I saw I had Make My Heart Fly 12lbs clear in the opener at Cheltenham I checked the betting expecting it to be about 6/4 (Elliot & Johnson, so why not) so I was very surprised to see 100/30 on offer, which I promptly took as much of as I was allowed. Later in the evening I saw it was a best-priced 11/4 so went to bed feeling smug. (Smug isn't my wife's nickname.)

Imagine my horror this morning on seeing it sitting covered in pink at 6/1. :blink::ninja:

I'm wondering if it has woken up with only two legs.

I’ve had a good cut at Grageelagh Girli n the same race last night, ew at 12s. Thought she was way over priced on her lines of form through Posh Trish & L’chamise both of whom have won on their seasonal reappearance.

Last year I tracked a mare of Jessie Harrington’s called the Princeatonian after promising bumper form but she has turned out to be very disappointing. Elliots only beat her by a few lengths in Gowran and in my own head I’d have Fergal O’Brien’s mare well above that. I’m probably completely wrong tho.

Positives for Grageelagh Girl is the step up in trip to 2m5f. Her pedigree is laden with stamina and also with her listed bumper 2nd to Posh Trish there at least she handles the course.

Good to see her into 8/1 this morning. I’ve also done Thomas Darby for Olly Murphy later on the card.

Hi Guys,

South Africa Racing at Fairview

Race 1: Bushiri(11) at evens but will absolutely walk it. Top Jockey & Top Trainer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back