What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dramatic Queen (7.45K) finished close-up 3rd (off levels) in a good Newmarket listed race, where the first 2 have since won gp3s. They currently languish on 105 & 104 respectively while the selection gets in today off 94. That form is well ahead of anything achieved by today's opposition. and her last race is easily forgiven as she pulled too hard, up 2f in distance on heavy ground.
James Doyle travels for the single ride, and she does look the business.

Dramatic Queen (7.45K) finished close-up 3rd (off levels) in a good Newmarket listed race, where the first 2 have since won gp3s. They currently languish on 105 & 104 respectively while the selection gets in today off 94. That form is well ahead of anything achieved by today's opposition. and her last race is easily forgiven as she pulled too hard, up 2f in distance on heavy ground.

I thought this was one of the best bets today.

I thought this was one of the best bets today.

Dundalk 4.55
Stormy Tale

I'm not big on betting at Dundalk in handicaps but not hard to see this going off a single figure price.

Good luck with those Slim and Reet. I will stick my selection and yours in a patent today. Three different brains are better than one. The money is coming for my selection Lydiate Lady, (which doesn't surprise me). This is good to see. Generally 11/1 now, from 16's last night.

Last edited:
My football bets haven't looked too clever lately, not that there have been many, and Hearts appeared to take fright from the start on Sunday, parking the bus straight away. That was a tactic I wasn't really expecting given the bluster emanating from Tynecastle this season.

I tipped Kilmarnock to beat Sevco a few weeks back in the league cup but they too didn't turn up on the occasion but they've got back into the kind of form that apparently would have them clear top of the league if only the matches since Steve Clarke took over counted.

I still think Sevco are grossly over-rated but it seems the old club name remains enough to give them a psychological edge over most opponents and the hostile environment offers an easy excuse for Ibrox-facing referees to kow-tow to the crowd's baying for decisions whenever a player goes to ground. It has been very noticeable that since Gerrard took over, nearly every player goes to ground in a challenge (contact or not), looking for a decision. They only need to get 60% of these decisions to make a difference, a tactic he has been exploiting. They have had 7 pens this season (four in the last six minutes), Celtic - the most attacking team in the league - have had three.

I believe Killie are the better side and Clarke the better manager but Sevco have home advantage and a ref likely to favour them.

It hasn't stopped me backing Killie at 6/1 but deep down I think events will probably conspire to go the other way.

Very well done. Great write up

Shout Reet, Followed you in pal :cool:

The big Melbourne Carnival gets under way in the early hours at Flemington

Do like in the 4.50am race: ​Thinkin' Big

If the colt Wins this Group 1 then will get into next weeks big race.

So Win bet at 5-2 [Paddy Power]

Hills place terms are first 5 in the 3:35 Ascot tomorrow, 10 runners :blink:

Last edited:
Definitely Red. Admittedly the ground may be against him, but not a chance I can have Black Corton winning this. For me, had Bryony Frost not been riding this horse it would be nowhere near as high profile. It's run in the RSA showed that. Double Shuffle is a grinder at best and does not know how too get it's head in front, same as.God's Own. Virgillo is a handicapper.

Admittedly I'm severely intoxicated (cheers slim and edgt) but I can't see past Definitely Red. I may wake up sober and think different.

Last edited:
Definitly Red is an awful price. The one to be on is Virgillo at 9/2 or 4/1.

Wetherby should just cancel the whole card today. Had a decent bet on Keeper Hill only to encounter a rule 4 raping.

Definitely Red. Admittedly the ground may be against him, but not a chance I can have Black Corton winning this. For me, had Bryony Frost not been riding this horse it would be nowhere near as high profile. It's run in the RSA showed that. Double Shuffle is a grinder at best and does not know how too get it's head in front, same as.God's Own. Virgillo is a handicapper.

Admittedly I'm severely intoxicated (cheers slim and edgt) but I can't see past Definitely Red. I may wake up sober and think different.

Yes I was pissed. Definitely Red be lucky to run in this race, fully expect him to be withdrawn. Read online the course hasn't been watered? Surely can't be true?

Double J;709668 not a chance I can have Black Corton winning this. [/QUOTE said:
Agree; BC is basically a boat, and a sharp 3m round a good ground Wetherby would be far from the test he needs.

Have backed True Self 3.10NM, who's the price she is owing to the step back in trip, but she's shown any amount of speed lately, not least around Cork's easy 12f.
Fully expect WM to produce another rabbit from his hat.

Last edited:
... not a chance I can have Black Corton winning this.

I may wake up sober and think different.

My take:

WTH 2.40 BET365 CHARLIE HALL CHASE (GRADE 2) (Class 1) (5yo+) Winner £56,950 5 runners3m45y Good ITV4
[TABLE="width: 922"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD]No.
[/TD]
[TD]Form
[/TD]
[TD]Horse
[/TD]
[TD]Stats
[/TD]
[TD]Days
[/TD]
[TD]Age
[/TD]
[TD]Weight
[/TD]
[TD]Trainer
[/TD]
[TD]Jockey
[/TD]
[TD]OR
[/TD]
[TD]TS
[/TD]
[TD]MON
[/TD]
[TD]Notes
[/TD]
[TD]RPR
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] 5
[/TD]
[TD]22274-
[/TD]
[TD] Double Shuffle
[/TD]
[TD]h D
[/TD]
[TD] 189
[/TD]
[TD]8
[/TD]
[TD]11-0
[/TD]
[TD]Tom George
[/TD]
[TD]A P Heskin
[/TD]
[TD]162
[/TD]
[TD]151
[/TD]
[TD]172
[/TD]
[TD]??
[/TD]
[TD]184
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] 1
[/TD]
[TD]3116U-
[/TD]
[TD] Definitly Red
[/TD]
[TD]CD
[/TD]
[TD] 205
[/TD]
[TD]9
[/TD]
[TD]11-6
[/TD]
[TD]Brian Ellison
[/TD]
[TD]Danny Cook
[/TD]
[TD]164
[/TD]
[TD]136
[/TD]
[TD]167
[/TD]
[TD]p
[/TD]
[TD]177
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] 4
[/TD]
[TD]21154-
[/TD]
[TD] Black Corton
[/TD]
[TD]t D
[/TD]
[TD] 204
[/TD]
[TD]7
[/TD]
[TD]11-3
[/TD]
[TD]Paul Nicholls
[/TD]
[TD]Bryony Frost
[/TD]
[TD]153
[/TD]
[TD]135
[/TD]
[TD]162
[/TD]
[TD]p
[/TD]
[TD]171
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] 3
[/TD]
[TD]8PF-11
[/TD]
[TD] Virgilio
[/TD]
[TD]t D
[/TD]
[TD] 125
[/TD]
[TD]9
[/TD]
[TD]11-4
[/TD]
[TD]Dan Skelton
[/TD]
[TD]Bridget Andrews
[/TD]
[TD]157
[/TD]
[TD]140
[/TD]
[TD]161
[/TD]
[TD](164)
[/TD]
[TD]169
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] nr
[/TD]
[TD]03P1P-
[/TD]
[TD] Regal Encore
[/TD]
[TD]D
[/TD]
[TD] 189
[/TD]
[TD]10
[/TD]
[TD]11-4
[/TD]
[TD]Anthony Honeyball
[/TD]
[TD]Richie McLernon
[/TD]
[TD]153
[/TD]
[TD]150
[/TD]
[TD]160
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]166
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

My initial reaction on seeing the ORs was that Black Corton would struggle in this field but it’s maybe not as cut and dried as that. However, should he really be as short as 7/4f? Double Shuffle’s King George form seemingly stands out – if it can be taken at face value but it’s a big if. Definitly Red looked more obvious to me but he didn’t run well in this last year on his seasonal debut. Virgilio, one of my ante-post bets for last year’s National, looks to have a little bit too much to do. All of which brings me back to Black Corton. As a second-season chaser, he could improve 10lbs this time round. He’ll almost certainly jump from fence to fence and, like Frodon last week, should be fit enough so I’m going to go against my original instinct and put him forward as the likely winner but I won’t be getting involved unless I can get better than 2/1.

The big Melbourne Carnival gets under way in the early hours at Flemington

Do like in the 4.50am race: ​Thinkin' Big

If the colt Wins this Group 1 then will get into next weeks big race.

So Win bet at 5-2 [Paddy Power]

Unplaced...not just our jockeys who give horses bad rides!

Thanks DO that was my take on the race too but based on instinct and not thorough form study. Double Shuffle seems to need to go right handed. Virgilio may not quite be good enough and it’s surely too fast for Definitely Red

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trying to do reverse exactas and trifectas on BC on Irish Tote. Won't allow it. Will this sustain through the day?

Last edited:
Do we know Virgillo is not good enough to win a watered down season opening Graded race? 9/2 seems a good price to test the theory. I'd be laying shorter.

At the current double figure pice,can't let Roaring Lion go unbacked. Ran the race of his life, on the wrong ground & over the wrong trip, in the QE11, and, though dirt is a new experience for him, the surface rode fast last night, and his trainer knows more than enough about US racing not to have a strategy to deal with the kickback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back