What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last bet of the evening for me and then wait for the good racing tomorrow.

Dundalk, 7.00, Thebestfortheeast. I'm laying this, currently around 2.8. I think this is a trappy race and I wouldn't be surprise if something with a decent price wins this. Peralman looks a very interesting horse but for me I'm just going to stick with the lay.

I'm off out for the evening, good luck to anyone who's betting for the evening.

I fired a shot at Paddleyourowncanoe in the 1.50 at Newbury now he's going back up in trip I thought he'd improve on what he'd done last time but I'd probably fell into a bit of a trap of not accessing the opposition fully. I was fairly keen to take on the front 2 Speedo Boy and Champ not that they don't hold there own respective chances but I thought they were plenty short enough so PYOC would do for me at the prices and in fairness he's still a fair bet but as I've been up through the night I dug a little deeper through the form of some of the others and I could make a very good case for the vast majority of the field. Air horse one, Boite and Man of Plenty should all be very solid yardsticks at this trip and I just thought I'd mention it as it might be a race if not to get involved with today then at least might be worth following the fall out of it as I think it'll take some winning. As said there are some pretty useful yard sticks to judge some of the younger brigade by.

The next at Newbury also looked competitive between the front lot i probably favoured Nichols horse out of them after prepping over fences and dropping back to hurdles for a better prize looks better tactics than Ballymoy who picked up another 3lb rise at Chepstow although 12k probably worth it makes life more difficult here. Also thought Vodoo Doll would probably outrun its price.

Thoughts for the Ladbroke on the thread but if I've done my spuds at this point in the day then the last race I'll probably be having a stab at is the 3.35 and I'll be having a few quid on Shear Rock. rarely seen but decent when it is and had a wind op and tongue tie on for the first time today and for a horse who I could already have down as well handicapped to some degree any improvement at all for those factors would see him do the business at around 12/1 he's a fair bet.

Best of luck fellas.

Last edited:
14:25 Newbury - Mont Des Avaloirs

(Switched back to hurdles after fair chasing debut LTO. 6/1 generally available at the moment.)

Overall, it's a fairly heavy betting day for me:

Nwc
½ pt win Summerville Boy 6/1
Nwc
½ pt ew Captain Chaos 14/1; ½ pt win Ami Desbois 13/2
Nwb
½ pt win Mr Big Shot 9/1
Nwb
1 pt win Adrien Du Pont 9/2
Nwb
½ pt ew Air Horse One 14/1, 6pl (Hills)
Nwb
1 pt win Mont Des Avaloirs 13/2
Nwb
1 pt win Ms Parfois 11/2
Nwb
1 pt win Top Gamble 11/2

<tbody>
</tbody>

11.50 Newcastle, Style De Vole, the dogs are barking about this one. Henderson horse. Around 1.58, backing this hard to win. Short price but supposed to be something special.

Last edited:
12.45 Newcastle, Santini. I'm going to lay this today, around 2.5 currently. 'Looks a 2 horse race on paper.' I'm usually a big fan of a horses first run over fences but with the Henderson horses just not seem to be firing on all cylinders I'm not sure if it can get home. There is not much between Santini and Kilbricken storm in general. They ran Kilbricken in a class 3 over fences first time and it won by a short head which doesn't look too encouraging but with that bit of experience and the Henderson horses not firing I'm laying Santini today.

1.45 Doncaster, Dentley De Mee, around 2.6 at the minute. I've had a fairly decent bet to win on this. Going up the ratings without winning. Rated 130 today. Hopefully with a clear round of jumping it will do the business for me.

Today hasn't been a great day, 4 bets, 2 wins and 2 losses. Buva in the fighting fifth has me up a few bob but I had better expectations for today.

Last bet of the day/night for me. 6.15 Wolves, Kodiac Pride. Really getting stuck into this for a win bet. Again I was hoping for around 2.0 on this, around 1.74 and the minute and I'll take that. 2nd last time out, with a regarded fav back in 3rd. I think it will be better for the run. I hope it can go in this evening.

Fairyhouse 2.40
Limini may be better suited by the ground than Apple’s Jade and looks decent value at 13/2 (boosted to 7/1) while Supasundae might need the run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And then drifted out to 22/1 on the machine before the off and was effectively pulled up in a 7f flat race on the all weather.
Stinks to absolute high heaven. Disgraceful from connections really.

That is crazy it drifted so much. i didn't see the race or the build up but the last time i saw the price of the horse it was 9/2. 22/1 before the off wow.

Last bet of the day for me, good luck to anyone who's betting onwards.

1.45 Leicester, Trans Express, backing this to win, around 3.45 currently. Race won't take much winning, I'm hoping this horse will get the head in front today.

All the best.

Last bet of the day for me, good luck to anyone who's betting onwards.

1.45 Leicester, Trans Express, backing this to win, around 3.45 currently. Race won't take much winning, I'm hoping this horse will get the head in front today.

All the best.

WD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back