What are you watching

It's not on 'terrestrial' at the mo and I am having to dodge spoilers on a certian social media site. There were very worrying rumours that there wasn't going to be a series 5 just recently.

I liked Borgen

But..

House of cards on netflix is a class above. Absolutely addictive. Spacey is superb

Hard to say.. Much better than the old bbc series as good as that was

Borgen a little in truth but far nastier and far more original plotting.

It's quite brilliant. Shakespearian i would say too

Fargo. Couple of episodes in and it's excellent. Martin Freeman and Billy Joe Thornton tremendous casting.

Game of Thrones is deviating from the books big style but is still enjoyable.

xl2p.png

Fargo. Couple of episodes in and it's excellent.
Isn't it just !
Really enjoying it so far.
But has Billy Bob's character been killed off? (Drowned under the ice last week?). Disappointing if so. :(

Thought it was someone else they drowned; as you can see I'm thoroughly enjoying it without actually understanding what's going on. Best thing on tv at the moment.

This series is based in London, I think ?

Finished watching Series 5 of "Justified" last night.
Best series of them all by some distance, imho. ( I thought Series 4 was a bit of a let-down).
Even more violence and shootings than usual, and very very funny. Dialogue to die for.
Walt Goggins excels himself; and the line-up of various crazies -- not least of all the alligator farming Crowe family -- is hilariously original. :)

This series is based in London, I think ?

Finished watching Series 5 of "Justified" last night.
Best series of them all by some distance, imho. ( I thought Series 4 was a bit of a let-down).
Even more violence and shootings than usual, and very very funny. Dialogue to die for.
Walt Goggins excels himself; and the line-up of various crazies -- not least of all the alligator farming Crowe family -- is hilariously original. :)

Gave it a go on netflix and cant have it

Dont mind Elmore Leonard style but continually found myself thinking "thats bollocks"

Cant suspend belief too much for crime stuff

Ah, come on, now, Clive old boy. Occasionally we need a little relief from gritty realism, no?
Crime in its bare clothes is nasty, repugnant and upsetting.
So it's an escape to see it portrayed as something indulged in by half-stupid, cretinous knuckleheads who invariably get killed during their sprees.
"Justified" is Crime Drama ( albeit humorous and irreverent) rather than Crime Documentary, and as such, I believe, can be allowed the sometimes improbable plot devices it employs. It all makes for good fun. :)

Yep, its excellent, bear in mind its cable so there are pretty graphic fight scenes and full frontal nudity if any of that offends you.

Many cancellations today, some well known ones

Community (one of my favourite comedies ever), Revolution, Believe & Growing Up Fisher.

True Blood final season starting next month.

The Crazy Ones
Friends With Better Lives.
Bad Teacher
Intelligence
Hostages

all cancelled today

yesterday the following were canceleld

NBC:
Believe
Community
Growing Up Fisher
Revolution

ABC:
Mixology
Neighbors
Suburgatory
Super Fun Night
Trophy Wife

FOX:
Dads
Enlisted
Rake
Surviving Jack

The CW:
The Carrie Diaries
Star-Crossed
The Tomorrow People

Personally gutted by The Tomorrow People!! I admit to watching Star Crossed too but can live with that being only a series. Still they managed to finish TTP off in a way that could have lead to a second series but did give some conclusion (albeit a bit weak).

Almost Human with Karl Urban was pretty decent as things go but was never really given a good chance to survive. Produced by JJ Abrams (he of Star Trek/Wars etc) so had some real clout but there were a few too many plodding episodes which you knew they had put in as it was a one series deal.

So glad they commissioned Series 2 of The Originals :) Still cant make my mind up if I prefer Klaus or Elijah but beggars cant be choosers so which ever lands in my lap is fine by me!!

As for the final series of True Blood - I cant wait for the series to start but will be dreading it too as I hope they bring back Eric (another full frontal eh!) and tie up the loose ends in a way that makes sense rather than just because.

Glad I stuck with Marvels Agents of Shield too - it def picked up with the release of Captain America and most of the plot line made more sense!! Arrow is another guilty pleasure along with The Vampire Diaries. Bones is starting to drag after 9 series but Booth is worth the eye candy fix lol.

New series of Beauty and The Beast starts in June (hubba hubba!) and then Sleepy Hollow. Not quite sure but most of my viewing involves a leading man from the UK or Australia..... probably because they can act?!

Pretty sure Reign will be cancelled but then again its so historically inaccurate the Yanks are probably loving it!!

One series I couldnt get into (and considering the above I dont know how!) is TURN - staring Jamie (Billy Elliot) Bell and set at the time of the American Revolution. A bit too American is wonderful and down with the nasty Red Coats to keep me interested.

I admit it freely - I watch cra-p !!

(Yes and Glee is on my list too!)

Last edited:
Glee is rumoured to be getting a reduced episode run for the final season.

Anyway 24 is on tonight so thats tomorrow mornings viewing sorted :)

Back