What are you watching

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri : on Film4 last night, and bound to be on again in less than fortnight- what a brilliant film. Bit heavy on the naughty words perhaps ( just me ) but really worth watching.

Totally agree, AC. Well worthwhile and a further example of his versatility.
The day after we watched it the Times Radio had a reviewer praising the film who and made the observation - When has a film starring Tom Hanks not been worth watching?

I’ve just watched Mama Mia here we go again purely because it had Cher in it. I saw a documentary about her a few weeks ago which made me remember what a good actress she is. Unfortunately she was only in it for the last quarter of an hour which means I had to sit through the rest of it but she certainly exuded star quality. I wouldn’t advise anyone else to sit through it though. Currently watching a rather sweet Swedish film on BBC4 about a lady who coaches a children’s football team. Which is worth watching thus far.

Forensics: The Real CSI - BBC Two - last night's episode about the lengths to try and find some physical evidence to back up very solid eye witness accounts of the fatal stabbing of a 15 year old by three others 'youths', for no apparent reason. Absolutely heartbreaking.

Fifty Shades of Grey. ( don’t judge me, just turned the tv on and it was on from where I watched home and away earlier!)

Just as shite as the book was ( that I only made it to page 10 of before giving up!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forensics: The Real CSI - BBC Two - last night's episode about the lengths to try and find some physical evidence to back up very solid eye witness accounts of the fatal stabbing of a 15 year old by three others 'youths', for no apparent reason. Absolutely heartbreaking.
That really ties in with watching The Serpent and The Investigation too. I’ll check it out.

Just binge watched the last three episodes. Glad I stuck with it. Was thinking that The Killing made the BBC up their game when it came to crime drama. T hink I need something a bit easier now eg Horrible Histories.

You got my interets have just got a hold of season 1 will have a look:cool:

45 years on from it's release, I finally got round to watching All The President's Men. It probably helped if you lived through the events but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

45 years on from it's release, I finally got round to watching All The President's Men. It probably helped if you lived through the events but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

One of my favourite films.

Believe it or not, the first time I saw it was in 1977 in Bordeaux when I worked there!

Glad you enjoyed it.

I really liked that film. Watching it very recently really shows how much Hoffman matured as an actor from this, Redford beats him pants down here. Also have read that he was an utter pain in the a*** even back then! I was too young when it all happened to have any interest/know what was going on, but caught up when I was older and read the book the film is based on, which is well worth a read.

Series 4 of Unforgotten started last night. If you haven't seen any of the others, catch up. Series 3 in particular is spectacular, the acting is off the scale from a fabulous cast, and trying not to give it away, the performance of the actor playing the guilty party is absolutely spine chilling.

Thank you G-G

By coincidence a couple of days ago I decided to give Netflix a go and was wondering what to watch on it, so with your prompting and having not watched it before have begun my delve into this new world with Unforgotten starting Series 1. Looks very promising

Thank you G-G

By coincidence a couple of days ago I decided to give Netflix a go and was wondering what to watch on it, so with your prompting and having not watched it before have begun my delve into this new world with Unforgotten starting Series 1. Looks very promising

:)It's brilliant stuff, Nicola Walker really is one of our best actors. If not caught up with Scott & Bailey, go for that as well, she appears in one of the series. Also has the fabulous Amelia Bullmore as Godzilla the boss!

Watched Silk Road the other evening, apparenly based on a true story and, to a non-techy like me, it was an eye-opening look inside what's occuring on the Darknet and some of the strokes pulled with Bitcoin. Highly recommended and particularly educational, in my case.

I'm having the summer off work this year so I've been watching a lot of Netflix.

Films:
Everest 7/10.. Based on the true story of a disaster on the mountain in 1996. Good cast.
Spenser Confidential 7/10. Silly but I like Mark Wahlberg and Boston is a great backdrop for a film. The Town the best example of this.
Red Dragon 7/10. Prequel to Silence of the Lambs. Nowhere near as good but Hopkins is excellent
6 Underground 7/10. Similar to Spenser in that it's a silly action flick with a good lead. Enjoyable.
The Sweeney 3/10. Ray Winstone is no John Thaw. Awful
News of the World 8/10. Really good. Hanks is excellent as ever.
The Ballad of Buster Scruggs 6/10. Not amongst the best Coen bros films but not bad. Loved Tom Waits in one of the stories.
The Irishman 8/10. You cannot go wrong with a cast this strong. The computer stuff they employed to try and make De Niro et al look 30 again was off though.
The Dirt 8/10. I saw Motley Crue live in 1986, they were immense. I don't think you have to love the band to like this though.

TV
White House Farm 8/10. Maybe an episode too long but very good
Justified 9/10. Still to watch the last season but this is in my top 10 all time for tv, lower end of the list.
Schitt's Creek 6/10. First couple of seasons (6 in all) were fun but it struggles the last couple.

Back