What are you watching

Luther is fantastic. I came to it late, so I'm enjoying the re-runs on alibi as well.

The first one in this batch absolutely terrified me, brilliant brilliant acting and writing and just everything - doesn't get half what it deserves!

Last edited:
If anyone is watching The Walking Dead, series 3, could you please PM me what happened in episode 4, apart from the number of Walkers who copped it? Major plot happenings judging from the opening of episode 5 last night and I missed it.
Thank you.

Going to see it tomorrow; hoping to find time to watch The Squid and the Whale before we go [someone lent it to me a while back and it dawned on me that it was the same director]. Retiring in two months so am going to watch all the dvd's [and videos] that are lying around the house in boxes waiting to be seen. Will be able to watch films/series all night and sleep all day [unless there's racing on, of course].Can't wait!

I know granger. Always been a big fan but will say that each tv series was less impressive than the previous

Fim isn't terrible and has some moments but that's all. A bit overdone and desperate feeling at times

Thought the Alan Partridge film was more of a 'watch on dvd' film so gave that a miss [like his tv series with Rob Bryden, though]. Saw An Idiot Abroad the other night for the first time and couldn't quite believe what I was watching; now want to see it all. Looking forward to Blancanieves next week, although not quite sure what to expect. Enjoyed Frances Ha but it stopped a bit suddenly and took me by surprise; still trying to find time to watch The Squid and the Whale. Lots of films on when I go away on holiday [eg The Heat] and want to see the Lone Ranger [whatever the reviews].

How did I miss this?
I'm not sure if it was ever shown on terrestrial on our side of the Atlantic.

Only discovered it recently on Netflix. But I'm adicted to it.
A series called JUSTIFIED.
I think it is right up there with the Wire et al.
Deputy Marshall Raylan Givens is a law-enforcer of the old school; shoot first --questions later etc.
His beat is patrolling the Appalachian hillbilly criminal fraternity of neo-nazi Oxycodone suppliers and trafficers in Harlan County, Kentucky.
It is a violent show -- lots of "shooting in the face" stuff. But great authentic dialogue, and superb characterisation. (The excellent Walton Googins is prominent as a messed-up redneck).
I love it.
Anyone else come across this show?

A flavour of JUSTIFIED ...............
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0cSj8eph50

I've seen the first two seasons. Very good. Walt Goggins is a fantastic actor. Glad to see him get another juicy role after being so stellar in The Shield.

Lovely programme about
dogs on ITV now, hope you're watching Redhead! Still miss my big dog, who died nearly 13 years old. He was so good natured. I wrote about him in a story i recently published and his part in the story spoke volumes about his attributes:)

Last edited:
Walt Goggins is a fantastic actor.
Isn't he just !
Boyd Crowder is surely one of the finest and most complex characterisations created in film/TV. Murderer, Nazi white supremacist, drugrunner, born-again evangelist, hick philosopher. :lol:
And Walt Goggins has the persona nailed perfectly. An actor close to true greatness.

I'm looking forward to Season 5.

http://www.sockshare.com/file/501F0EA8FB068100# link to latest episode of Breaking Bad for those that havn't managed to see it yet.

great series, but not in same league as sopranos. close, but no cigar :)

I disagree :D

This weeks episode was brilliant tv, had me on the edge of my seat the whole way though.
Anyone fancy speculating on what will happen at the end, and what the start of the episode was about?
Personally I think Skylar and Walt Jnr are dead, killed by the woman (or associates) who came to see him at the car wash, and he is after her. Can't quite work out the reaction of the neighbour though.

Back