What are you watching

Don't know if it's been mentioned already but I've just watched The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society (via Netflix).

Very watchable indeed.

New series of ''Inside No. 9'' started tonight and it was up to its usual high standards. Loved the name of the drag queen - Wilma Diksho :D

I really tried..I really did try to watch Dune 2021. This is maybe the 3rd time I have given it a go. How anyone can sit through that saying "oh look at the wonderful scenery" comes across as a pretentious dick to me. ZThe movie is the most boring piece of shit I have seen since I decorated our bedroom and watched the paint dry.

The Ministry Of Ungentlemanly Warfare Apparently a true story taken from Churchill's Confidential files.

Took me a while to recognize the actor playing the lead roll.

A Guy Ritchie movie with plenty action and some drama worth a watch

I have a preference for old tv shows. Personally think they are funnier but if you also enjoy the nostalgic side of entertainment I recommend checking out stutv and tfoos on youtube both review and list good/bad shows old treats/ toys/ drinks etc

I know he’s now gone full on flat earth society but today I’ve been watching all of Neil Oliver’s series about archeology etc on catchup (they followed on from Digging for Britain). Had forgotten how good those programmes were. I do love stuff about Druids etc.

I know he’s now gone full on flat earth society but today I’ve been watching all of Neil Oliver’s series about archeology etc on catchup (they followed on from Digging for Britain). Had forgotten how good those programmes were. I do love stuff about Druids etc.
There is quite a lot of recent speculation about ancient technology that has been hidden from us and the evidence is not insignificant. Here is something worth getting your teeth into. Or dentures even.

Does anyone remember that book Chariots of the Gods that everyone was fooled by years ago? I’ve still got a copy somewhere!

The swearing is definitely excessive. It's a big difference to my other show at the moment - going through Suits. Just finished the second season. Love it.

I actually went to see Dune 2 at the cinema last week and had to leave 15 minutes in as my Catheter was giving me issues, kept getting spasms. Turns out my body was rejecting it (partly because I wasn't drinking enough water) and I ended up having to visit A&E for a new one the following day. Good times.
Update - I was on a waiting list for an operation to have bits of tissue removed from my Prostate so I could pass water properly. Was getting very tired of waiting esp with all the issues I'd been having with the Catheter(s). So, I booked a private consultation with a view to paying for this operation. The guy I saw said said op was pointless, the tissue would just grow back in time and you may need the same op down the line in a decade or so. He advised best course of action, get rid of the prostate. So that's what I've done, had a RALP (robot assisted laparoscopic prostatectomy) three days ago. No waiting list as the op is cancer related. Very sore stomach but I have effective painkillers and feeling good about the future. The catheter stays in for a week after the op and some kind of incontinence for a while is likely but I can live with that.

I was a sucker for Marvel DC and Bond movies but it's like Thanos clicked his fingers and fucked up everything.
w lose 007 and no sign of a replacement. Chadwick Boseman dies and Black Panther replacement a skimp of a girl. Captain America is replaced by a black actor with no super enhancements, The best actor ever to play Superman is replaced by who? The great RDJ says he will not be wearing the Iron Man suit again.

A void being filled with comparative junk looms

The book is wonderful. Did you know that she wrote whilst bedridden with ME? I keep meaning to re read it. It isn’t just a good book about sport but a true classic imo.

Saw the trailer and was put off when it came out so I never watched Intesteller.

Got the urge to watch it for some reason.....brilliant movie

Dopesick is on bbc iplayer now. A searing indictment ( driven by major pharma ), on how the opiod addiction crisis, had a grip on poor parts of America.
Excellent performances all round.

The Ministry Of Ungentlemanly Warfare Apparently a true story taken from Churchill's Confidential files.

Took me a while to recognize the actor playing the lead roll.

A Guy Ritchie movie with plenty action and some drama worth a watch
Sounds interesting :)

Update - I was on a waiting list for an operation to have bits of tissue removed from my Prostate so I could pass water properly. Was getting very tired of waiting esp with all the issues I'd been having with the Catheter(s). So, I booked a private consultation with a view to paying for this operation. The guy I saw said said op was pointless, the tissue would just grow back in time and you may need the same op down the line in a decade or so. He advised best course of action, get rid of the prostate. So that's what I've done, had a RALP (robot assisted laparoscopic prostatectomy) three days ago. No waiting list as the op is cancer related. Very sore stomach but I have effective painkillers and feeling good about the future. The catheter stays in for a week after the op and some kind of incontinence for a while is likely but I can live with that.
It all sounds pretty horrible Nick, but it's good to hear you're now on the other side of it all. And as you say you can live with some short term issues to get your life back to normal.

I have to confess I'd never heard of a RALP though.

The oldest brother had his prostate removed a good 10 years ago. No idea if it was a RALP procedure but he's absolutely fine these days.

We have a good laugh at the Men's Shed that so many of us are on Tamsulosin for our enlarged prostates and cracking jokes with each other about it helps.

I've been offered an op to open a 'high bladder neck', I think they called it, which means I'm not emptying completely and I've been given info on self-catheterisation but I'm not at all keen on either invasive surgery or the procedures involved in self-catheterisation.

At the moment 'we' are monitoring everything to see if anything changes but the good news for me is that my numbers re prostate cancer are 'extremely low' and 'nothing remotely to worry about' but we do have another family member who's not so fortunate and we pray his treatment proves successful.

Back