Willie Mullins

Considering she missed the 2nd, 3rd and 4th last against last years aintree hurdle winner and still won cosily I was quite impressed.

She'll be four lbs worse off against Zark in future, and whilst I'd expect her to confirm the form, neither of them look Champion Hurdler material to me.

Last edited:
Was there today...as if that makes a difference ... And agree. The weights would of course have them closer and that's not outstanding for the ch and missing hurdles just won't do it on the day.

What's the mares allowance in the CH?

She beat Zark 5 lengths and I reckon there is still more to come. She took another step forward in form terms and doesn't have that much to find now with the principals; I'm happy with 20/1.

What's the mares allowance in the CH?

She beat Zark 5 lengths and I reckon there is still more to come. She took another step forward in form terms and doesn't have that much to find now with the principals; I'm happy with 20/1.
7lbs

She is entitled to and will improve of course from yesterday of course Slim.

I'd have more concerns over her on better ground and reckon she needs trip of some sort

I think this is gonna be a no brainier. hurricane fly goes for the champion hurdle, quevaga the mares and Annie power the world hurdle. Now it's still to early to say if any of them will win but surely this way ruby and willie have 3 live chances in 3 big festival races.

I think this is gonna be a no brainier. hurricane fly goes for the champion hurdle, quevaga the mares and Annie power the world hurdle. Now it's still to early to say if any of them will win but surely this way ruby and willie have 3 live chances in 3 big festival races.

That would be a tough decision for ruby as you would imagine andy Stewart would want him to ride big bucks

If I was ruby Walsh there's still only a 50/50 chance BB will make the world hurdle and then in what form will he in. So it's still almost a certainty Jacob will ride BB and Annie power is more than a worthy challenger. The theme in the last few years from Mullins and Nichols and Henderson is they split there stars up to give them a wider range of success.

The fact they have the reigning champion hurdler in the yard but they're continuing to talk about the Champion for Annie Power says it all for me. She will need to jump better but there's 4 months till Cheltenham.

I clearly have a more positive view of Saturdays form than others but I've thought for a while she could be a bit special and the weekend did nothing to stifle that belief.

Just don't see her going the stayers route. You'd be worried about it bottoming her and the novice chase campaign is there if the Champion doesn't work out.

i think if she doesn't turn up in the WH then she misses Cheltenham all together. unless something happens to hurricane fly or quevaga. takes in one of the lesser races at punchestown and starts off chasing this time next year.

Annie Power will run and likely win the mares race.

I also think she'll go for the Mares Hurdle.

She's in different ownership to Quevega, the trip looks right for her and she's got a right chance of winning it.

I also think she'll go for the Mares Hurdle.

She's in different ownership to Quevega, the trip looks right for her and she's got a right chance of winning it.

No chance of her going the mares route if Quevega is sound and fit come March. Absolutely no chance....

To be honest Annie power isn't a betting proportion yet as there are just so many questions to ask. I'm more concerned where faugheen, moyle park, Felix and brier hill are going. Really think he has a strong hand in the novice hurdle division and there's some money to be made.

Back