Willie Mullins

There's a very prominent trainer on the Curragh who is saying he is at it to anyone who will listen....

Who else will win a maiden or novice hurdle between now and March???

Does this very prominent trainer say what he thinks Mullins is at?

It's not as if his horses come into the parade ring doing the Ali shuffle with bulging eyeballs and gleaming pelts. They tend not to catch the eye especially.

Does this very prominent trainer say what he thinks Mullins is at?

It's not as if his horses come into the parade ring doing the Ali shuffle with bulging eyeballs and gleaming pelts. They tend not to catch the eye especially.

This is your quintessential Irish second hand info.....I would prefer not to say in any case. I would sincerely hope its not true....
He has had some awful looking scrawny yokes half hairy win bumpers like they have joined in at halfway.
Say it ain't so Joe....say it ain't so...

Last edited:
Mullins said: "It looks like we'll go to Ascot. She is well in herself and wherever we go we are going to meet something good so we think Ascot might be as good a starting point as any.
"The conditions of the race are also a good help as she only gets a half penalty."

Would hardly expect WM to send her over to England get beat so early in the season, considering she's a stable star. He must be confident she can take care of the other entries.

Very exciting mare. Is Ruby coming over?

Zarkandar does set a fair measuring stick

Ruby has always helped both trainers pick races for their horses.Hard to think he'd tell Willie to send her if he thought Zarkandar already had the beating of her.

Last edited:
Very much so with all form on heavy ground which it wont be on sat

I think melodic could well be better for stepping up in trip . Looked that way from what ive seen and grabbing a heavy ground sandown 2 miler would suggest so

Reflection.

The 3 horses that have beaten Defy Logic at the wrong trip and ground are Annie Power, Mala Beach and Felix Younger.

Have we an uncrowned king?

On Jeremy Scott's website this morning

"The Coral Hurdle at Ascot on Saturday re-opened so we thought we’d stick an entry in for Melodic Rendezvous, see who else entered, work out who is likely to run and make a decision from there.It appears that Zarkandar and Willie Mullins’ horse Annie Power are both likely to run. Zarkandar is rated higher than us and Annie Power will have the mares’ 7lb allowance. Off Melodic’s current rating of 155 they would be hard to beat.It’s a 2m3f race, and he’s only run over 2m or 2m1f, so the likelihood is that we will go for the Fighting Fifth, unless Zarkandar and Annie Power don’t run, to see whether he is true Champion Hurdle Class. My Tent or Yours is the horse that will take all the beating in that race, and if he beats us by a country mile, then we know we will need to have a re-think."

She was impressive enough but Ladbrokes truly have lost the plot. 8/1 or the Champion Hurdle is at least half the price she should be.

Back