Willie Mullins

Mullins last thirteen runners have produced eight winners and three seconds, two of which were second to a stable companion.

Good stats for those fancying a number of Clonsutton inmates for Cheltenham.

Reading that it looks highly unlikely Un De Sceaux will be travelling to Cheltenham.

Some interesting info, though I'm puzzled at the lack of conversation about Felix Yonger.
Is Mullins paying his card tight to his chest as he really fancies him? Is there a problem? Is there simply nothing to note?

Just seems odd to me.

Last edited:
Surely he won't go for the French Champion Hurdle?

The Prix Hyopthese is usually a trial race for the Prix La Barka over 2m6f (or thereabouts) which is held on the same card as the Grande Steeplechase de Paris in mid-May. The Barka itself is a traditional trial for the Grand Course de Haies (c3m1f).....though Mullins might be thinking more about using the Hypothese to get a race into UDS (on suitable ground) ahead of Punchestown - the latter venue seeming more likely than a tilt at the Barka/Haies double.

There won't be a strong pace unless UDS makes it so. That race is more like 2m4f with the French style of racing. Would be a super ride to get him to conserve his energy over 3m so you are probably right.

Willie has multiple horses running in Ireland and needs Townend there. Patrick travels to France as assistant Trainer, and Willie is in Dubai with Simenon. Gerraghty is available and seems like an able third choice!

Last edited:
Willie has multiple horses running in Ireland and needs Townend there. Patrick travels to France as assistant Trainer, and Willie is in Dubai with Simenon. Gerraghty is available and seems like an able third choice!

Townend isn't riding at Navan tomorrow and Willie has only one runner Mozoltov ridden by Davy Russell. He is down to ride at Limerick on Sunday but I suspect he feels he is still not 100% . He is a pro and a team player and it has to be remembered he stood himself down on GC day after the County Hurdle rather than on the orders of the doctor .

Last edited:
Back