World Hurdle 2015

Zarkandar's record off a 60 day break is 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 1 with a couple of Gd1's in that lot plus Gd2's and a notoriously competitive handicap

If you take the view that Zarkandar's the winner, then it's unlikely that Sam's chosen wrong by much, which makes you think that Saphir de Rheu must be on his tail and since his form is narrowly ahead of Whisper's he's unlikely to be that far away too. You could have a self defining 1-2-3

Cole Harden is the one that confuses the picture for me. He broke the track record at Whetherby on good ground, on a day when a few records went. It was well documented that the course had been running over the wrong trips, but what came out of the investigation is that the staying hurdle was actually longer than had been advertised by 30yds - and he still beat the record. He hasn't really gone on from that though, and for context, even when he did do this, he beat Medinas by 8L's. IT's not stellar is it? Getting back to that level of promise won't be enough. He'd need to go beyond it to take a hand in this you've got to think. I'm not so sure that I don't view him as a potential winner or a non placer myself though

Did he choose though? I thought Fehily retained for Zarkander's owners horses

Looking at him myself Slim. Had the wind op but not sure about the quicker ground for him..

I heard Warren Greatrex say yesterday that the ground is perfect for him and that he is in the best nick they have had him in. Definitely overpriced at 20/1, i'm having a bit e/w. Can see there being a shock in this race.

Hard to remember a championship race where I have such a weak opinion on a possible winner. This is reflected in my two e/w bets on Un Temps and Whisper (4 places). I do slightly prefer the British form but something like Lieutenant Colonel could easily win this.

You could make a case for absolutely every one of them apart from maybe the bottom 4 in the betting. I was going to add At Fisher Cross to that but there seems to be some money for him! God knows where the motivation for that comes from. First time blinkers maybe?

What about that then, Warbler knew the score with this one
Zarkander did well to get a place after a mistake like that

I've been on horses stopping at the turn for home for two and a half days I didn't half need that, I screamed it home.

Last edited:
I heard Warren Greatrex say yesterday that the ground is perfect for him and that he is in the best nick they have had him in. Definitely overpriced at 20/1, i'm having a bit e/w. Can see there being a shock in this race.

Happy with that, got me in front for the week.

:thumbsup:

This looks a nightmare for tomorrow. I fancied Lieutenant Colonel but I see he doesn't have form on good ground. The one that slightly stands out at a price is Cole Harden, complete with wind op. Each way only.

And Len.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back