Worst Value Favourite At The Festival

The 'worst value' favourite will only be known objectively after the race so it's almost as futile an argument as the Nick Dundee/LLT debate - put me down as a don't know for that one. Of course, that's what forums are all about so.....
I'd guess that I'd look for a horse who is favourite based on losing a good race rather than winning a bad race (except for a Martin/O'Neill horse in the Coral!) which probably points to Our Ben at this stage. Of course, even poor value favourites win sometimes. B)

".......Of course, even poor value favourites win sometimes........."

Oooooo'errr, I can feel a "value" discussion coming. :ph34r:

If a favourite wins could it have been poor value?? :what:

No, forget I said that, please!! :shy:

Horse Racing is a mixture of knowns and unknowns. Value is determined by the knowns, the result is determined by both.

Seeing Darkness running reminded me of this thread from way back when.

How about this year. Worst value favourite?

I go for Cue Card at 9/4. Early season form doesn't cut it for me in a race of this nature. Dodgy jockey. Funny trainer. Good opposition.

I think Imperial Commander will start a bigger price on the day.

I think Binocular might too. And Imperial Commander. And possibly Quevega. The front three in the Arkle will all be drifters on the day.

Big Buck's and Cue Card will shorten.

And both will hose-up, imo.

I think Imperial Commander will start a bigger price on the day.

I think Binocular might too. And Imperial Commander. And possibly Quevega. The front three in the Arkle will all be drifters on the day.

Big Buck's and Cue Card will shorten.

And both will hose-up, imo.

What about Imperial Commander?

Master Minded in my opinion-I think at the start of the seasn Nicholls had him primed for an early season campaign with an eye on two and a half mile races.This is purely my interpretation but I believe he will be well beaten.

Personally I think Captain Cee Bee and the F Murphy horse in the Ryanair are under priced by a long long way. Wouldnt surprised me if they drift out on the day, also think Mille Chef should be a much bigger for the Champ Hurdle.

Personally I think Captain Cee Bee and the F Murphy horse in the Ryanair are under priced by a long long way. Wouldnt surprised me if they drift out on the day, also think Mille Chef should be a much bigger for the Champ Hurdle.
Kalahari King should be 66/1. He is a donkey.

what price do you think Mille Chief should be? how did you come to that conclusion?

Captain Cee Bee must be the most over hyped horse around these parts;)

?? Who has been hyping him ??

Hezz has said he likes the Captain, and I have defended the horse against a suggestion that if McCoy didn't want to ride him the trainer might be told not to run him.

Are you calling that hype, or have I missed a string of other contributions?

Last edited:
?? Who has been hyping him ??

Hezz has said he likes the Captain, and I have defended the horse against a suggestion that if McCoy didn't want to ride him the trainer might be told not to run him.

Are you calling that hype, or have I missed a string of other contributions?

ccb has had many mentions on various threads as being a potential CC winner..i've read nearly as much about him as Celestial Halo :)

a number of people have been fancying him..each time he is down to run

the only reason CH got so many mentions is that 90% of the forum decided to deride my use of him as a fair marker..I only initially mentioned CH once..i then had to defend him 1000 times because every other bugger wanted to keep pulling him down..wrongly as it turned out:p

so yes..when i keep reading about how such and such has a great chance in the CC..without owt to really back it up..before he had even run initally this season..i call that hype

Last edited:
Back