Worst Value Favourite At The Festival

I don't actually remember anyone tipping him up on here to beat either BZ or MM

quotes from the xmas thread - re dial a bet chase

That looks a hella tough race to me. No bet, but if forced to have one I'd plump for the Captain.

I respect Big Zeb and Golden Silver but the confidence behind Captain Cee Bee in the Champion market makes me think he is in very good order this year. I'd want to be with him at 4/1.

one about the CC itself

You could add a couple of each way savers - French Opera and Captain Cee Bee would be my choices, the latter a more likely winner for me than Big Zeb (I think he will start shorter on the day of the QM myself).

there are more but i can't be arsed to find em as it doesn't usually matter how many examples of owt you put up on here..yer usually wrong:)

:p

yer probably right ;)

Grey is definitely right. Some people (me included) were anticipating improvement from the Captain pre the Dial-A-Bet, and justifyably so imo after his run at Punchestown.

Since his poor show that day in the DAB i'd like to see how many people have 'hyped' the horse. I think most, if not everyone, are acceptant of the fact that the possible improvement in the horse hasn't materialised.

Ed Harty has apparently said that the horse missed work over xmas and that along with the Heavy ground at Leop, are the two reasons for such a poor show in the DAB. If you can have faith in that, then maybe all is not lost and that improvement may yet be a possibility. Personally, i don't think it's beyond the realms of possiblity that he could put up a much improved run in the CC, but that's more a heart than head opinion and I make no apologies for that.

I love this horse but I don't believe I, or indeed anyone else, has "hyped" this horse on the forum. There may have been a quote or 2 (Pre Dial A Bet), but it's certainly not rampant like you make it out.

Grey is definitely right. Some people (me included) were anticipating improvement from the Captain pre the Dial-A-Bet, and justifyably so imo after his run at Punchestown.

Since his poor show that day in the DAB i'd like to see how many people have 'hyped' the horse. I think most, if not everyone, are acceptant of the fact that the possible improvement in the horse hasn't materialised.

Ed Harty has apparently said that the horse missed work over xmas and that along with the Heavy ground at Leop, are the two reasons for such a poor show in the DAB. If you can have faith in that, then maybe all is not lost and that improvement may yet be a possibility. Personally, i don't think it's beyond the realms of possiblity that he could put up a much improved run in the CC, but that's more a heart than head opinion and I make no apologies for that.

I love this horse but I don't believe I, or indeed anyone else, has "hyped" this horse on the forum. There may have been a quote or 2 (Pre Dial A Bet), but it's certainly not rampant like you make it out.

i never said it were rampant..they are your words

its fact that the horses was hype up..the fact that he isn't so much now isn't really the point being made

i knew putting up examples wouldn't make any difference;)

in fact..if i said it were dark at night some fooker would come on and argue the point..just for the sake of falling out like;)

Last edited:
i never said it were rampant..they are your words

Okl, you didn't use the word 'rampant'.

You said "Capt Cee Bee must be the most over hyped horse around these parts", and "ccb has had many mentions on various threads as being a potential CC winner".

a) Is there a difference?

b) Quotes containing phrases such as "each way saver", or "if forced to have a bet" - in relation to a race at Christmas, not the Champion Chase itself - are not evidence of hype.

My own opinion is that the horse is obviously entitled to run and has a chance of being involved, if he doesn't burst. There are two other horses in the race which I think have a stronger chance.

Okl, you didn't use the word 'rampant'.

You said "Capt Cee Bee must be the most over hyped horse around these parts", and "ccb has had many mentions on various threads as being a potential CC winner".

a) Is there a difference?

b) Quotes containing phrases such as "each way saver", or "if forced to have a bet" - in relation to a race at Christmas, not the Champion Chase itself - are not evidence of hype.

My own opinion is that the horse is obviously entitled to run and has a chance of being involved, if he doesn't burst. There are two other horses in the race which I think have a stronger chance.

he was touted for the CC on here before xmas..and he was fancied by a few to beat BZ..purely on what had been heard..that is hype whichever way you want to view it

even after he lost behind BZ there were excuses made to try and support the view that what had been heard was right and that that race was just a blip..thats is hyping a horse really isn't it?

i hope he does come to prominence and be the best thing since sliced bread..i got no axe to grind against the horse.

Surely the worst value favourite (he's market leader in some books) is Willie Mullins' bumper runner Allure of Illusion, who should be somewhere north of 50/1 on form and is only "burning up the gallops" because he's bred to be a sprinter!

Back