Yeats (and The Gold Cup)

Just to give credit where it's due, that is the kind of insight which is both interesting and informative.

Only one entry to worry about here. And one that's won the race three times before.

They'd be no point in being anything less than candid about this one.

Centennial (IRE) 4.c
Eastern Anthem (IRE) 5.h
Geordieland (FR) 8.h
Hindu Kush (IRE) 4.c
Patkai (IRE) 4.c
Sagara (USA) 5.g
Tastahil (IRE) 5.g
Veracity 5.h
Washington Irving (IRE) 4.g
Yeats (IRE) 8.h

Go Yeats - will watch it from home but know now I will be delirious - and I am sure I will be able to hear the roar in Hamburg - when he hits the front !!!!

I suspect the Yeats attempt to win four will have more in keeping with Istabraq's than Vinnie Roe's.

Exactly my thoughts, the build up to this definitely reminds me of Istabraq's last appearance.

Hope I'm wrong, but if it's not to be Yeats would love to see Geordieland win.

I was surprised to see Washington Irving listed -- but, then, I'm surprised by a lot and mostly because I lack knowledge .... so completely that I'm, well, surprised!

:)

Small field likely but at least Hindu Kush is a confirmed front runner to take them along at a decent enough pace.

I was surprised to see Washington Irving listed -- but, then, I'm surprised by a lot and mostly because I lack knowledge .... so completely that I'm, well, surprised!

:)

:lol::lol:
He finished fourth behind Ask and Veracity in the Yorkshire Cup for his new connections. A former Ballydoyle inmate, the Montjeu gelding won a 10 furlong maiden at Navan last October... He should improve for stepping up in trip.

At 33/1, worth a place bet, then?

Depends on your view of value Michael. I won't be backing him, but the race is confusing me this year. Many mixed messages. The Godolphin trio may be best placed to rob Yeats of his historic fourth victory.

I have just had a good look at the Gold Cup, and can see nothing that can give Yeats a race, apart from Geordieland who is now correctly priced, and Eastern Anthem. However, i'd be surprised if Godolphin ran a Sheema Classic winner, who is now a viable stud prospect, in the Gold Cup. I would have imagined it would be the top 1m4 G1 races for him, starting in the Coronation Cup?

Ajtebi rides, after Anthem's training in public Group 1 trial at Epsom.;)

I think Patkai will win tomorrow. I am hoping for a balls of steel ride from Moore, to let Geordieland take him to Yeats and then do them both inside the furlong going further clear with every stride. Four lengths. ish.

Back