Yeats (and The Gold Cup)

Well done Yeats, 4 Gold Cups.

Veracity broke down.

Patkai runs a blinder, thought for one moment he was gonna pick him up but not good enough. Yeats got first run but Patkai has run well but just met a true high class horse.

Patkai turns the form with Geordieland on its head but just met a really special horse. They were miles clear.

Sagara runs well but Yeats deserved that, so special.

Could Murtagh not have gone a bit sooner? :p Seriously, reminded me of what O'Brien said last year about how he only gets going at around the 2m mark!

Dunno what Kelly was doing on Geordieland but who cares!!!

5/1 for a fifth Gold Cup next year anybody???

Ive not seen the race (working) but look forward to catching it tonight. Really pleased, great training performance. Who is going to beat him next year?

Could Murtagh not have gone a bit sooner? :p Seriously, reminded me of what O'Brien said last year about how he only gets going at around the 2m mark!

I had O'Brien's words very much in mind when I went in last night (at 9/4!!!) with my biggest bet for a while. AOB went on a bit last year about the horse's heart - literally - and that it's only starting to pump at its peak after 1½m or so. I jsut couldn't see a danger but Patkai did give me a wee fright when the camera angle made it look as though it was picking up the leader.

Fantastic fantastic horse! And hugely emotional to watch - didn't the horse just look so happy after the race!

Shane Kelly on Geordieland - love to be a fly on the wall at the post race chat with Osborne - could be very interesting.

Took a little while to pick up but once he did it was all over.

O'Brien seemed close to tears a couple of times in the interview there.

Absolute legend.

Back