York Ebor Meeting; (a proper good meeting :))

Marb

Journeyman
Some lucky souls will be fortunate enough to attend this meeting.
The weather will be important.

Tawdeea for David O Meara would be a contender for the Ebor on his Old Newton Cup form at Haydock. He had Mark Johnston's pair Notarised and Star's Over The Sea down the field that day. So the form looks strong enough at this stage. Tawdeea shaped as though he would stay further, keeping on for pressure. I've put a line through the last two runs. He's 25/1 for The Ebor in a place.

Last edited:
Some lucky souls will be fortunate enough to attend this meeting.

Me, on the Wednesday :)

Really hoping Minding takes on Postponed and Hawkbill in the feature, although I fear Coolmore's quest to turn USAR into a stallion will mean she sticks to beating up her own sex in the Yorkshire Oaks.

Me, on the Wednesday :)

Really hoping Minding takes on Postponed and Hawkbill in the feature, although I fear Coolmore's quest to turn USAR into a stallion will mean she sticks to beating up her own sex in the Yorkshire Oaks.

Enjoy. :)

I'm going on the Wednesday.

I'll remain loyal to Time Test in the Juddmonte, provided the ground is suitable.

Don't think York is TT's course, it is The Grey Gatsby's though and I'm fully involved at 14s.

Postponed looks a worthy fav but his price is poor considering his prep. Hawksbill should be longer than TGG - horrendous recency bias here, the Eclipse was
terrible. I consider USAR a danger.

I also have a position on Candarliya in the Yorkshire Oaks, just praying the lads don't run Minding. The rest look very beatable.

Don't think York is TT's course, it is The Grey Gatsby's though and I'm fully involved at 14s.

Postponed looks a worthy fav but his price is poor considering his prep. Hawksbill should be longer than TGG - horrendous recency bias here, the Eclipse was
terrible. I consider USAR a danger.

I also have a position on Candarliya in the Yorkshire Oaks, just praying the lads don't run Minding. The rest look very beatable.

Minding would clearly be the one to beat but I'm not sure they'd want to go twelve furlongs with her again.

In her absence, I'd quite like the look of Queen's Trust at 16/1.

From RP

My Dream Boat a Group 1-winning stablemate of Profitable, could also head to York next week, with ground conditions likely to determine his participation in the Juddmonte International. "My Dream Boat worked very well on Saturday morning and is under consideration for the Juddmonte International," said Cox of the Prince of Wales's Stakes hero.
He added: "The main factor in determining his participation will be the ground as he wouldn’t want it too fast. But he’s in excellent shape and I have been pleased with him."

Minding would clearly be the one to beat but I'm not sure they'd want to go twelve furlongs with her again.

In her absence, I'd quite like the look of Queen's Trust at 16/1.

There looks to have been a bit of a move for Queen's Trust today. She's generally 10/1 although you can still get 12s. Paddy Power are shortest at 8/1.

Value in this market for sure. I don't see Minding going, Simple Verse looks gone and South of Heaven won a dogshit Irish Oaks

My question with Queen's Trust is will she be fully effective over 12f against older rivals. The Ribblesdale was a poor renewal.

Last edited:
Time Test misses York after working badly. It's a pity as he would almost certainly have had his ground.

The Juddmonte has lost further lustre in that US Army Ranger also looks like bypassing it, judging by O'Brien's comments yesterday.

Time Test misses York after working badly. It's a pity as he would almost certainly have had his ground.

The Juddmonte has lost further lustre in that US Army Ranger also looks like bypassing it, judging by O'Brien's comments yesterday.

What were his comments?
To be honest USAR never struck me as the type for the race, to my eye he looked a bit of a grinder at Epsom.

We'll see if Idaho can get his head in front on Wednesday. I know Wilson liked the horse before the derby. I'm wondering how confident Lee is about this one?

Imperial Aviator looks interesting at 12/1. He ran no race in France, but best to put a line through that.

His notable form is when he pulled 6L clear in a maiden at Leicester with the future Gordon winner, Ulysses.

After winning at Goodwood the handicapper has Sir Michael Stoutes horse on 111, with his Leicester conqueror Imperial Aviator on just 98, entered to take on the big guns on Wednesday in the Great Voltigeur.

You wonder how much improvement Roger Chartons horse has left, potentially a hell of a lot, so it might be worth paying to find out at those odds.

Last edited:
Would be a penalty kick anywhere else mate. That G2 that Across The Stars and Muntahaa contested at Ascot was p*ss poor and 12f on good ground is just what Idaho needs.

My only concern is York's propensity for causing horses to not act there.

I'm all in on The Grey Gatsby. When Frank was booked for Arab Spring he was a big drifter on the machine and I have topped up.

Presuming he's still double figures upon being declared (hopefully) I will top up again for an uncomfortable overall stake and attempt an IR lay at around 5s for a portion of my stake. Even at Ascot on unsuitable ground he looked a contender going into the last couple of furlongs and he must surely at some point in the race trade at that sort of price even if he doesn't win.

Not at all convinced Postponed is a 10f horse, and he's never actually won a race at the distance. Sure enough, he skipped around Epsom, but that was a poor gp1 and he only beat his mediocre pacemaker under 6l. Though there's likely to be plenty of pace, this easy track and fast ground is unlikely to be enough of a test for him, and I'll take him on with Hawkbill.

Good luck with your cliff horse though, Euro.

Postponed certainly looks opposable. In addition to trip concerns, there are also doubts about stable form and his preparation.

Mutakayyef might be the one. He comes here in the form of his life and was particularly impressive last time out when he readily accounted for Dutch Connection at Ascot. That horse has done nothing to let the form down since. Mutakayyef has been strong at the finish in both his wins at a mile this season and it's not at all fanciful to suggest he might improve for the step up in trip tomorrow. He'll probably need to but his form last time would put him within shouting distance of the best of this field and he might not have to find that much. He has excellent course form - his neck defeat by Mondialiste over 9f at this meeting last year reads very well now - and 14/1 looks more than fair to me.

Back