1000 Guineas (and beyond)

Well, Suny Bay, it looks as if having a jockey on ANNA SALAI worked a lot better than having one in her... I hope you can manage to be gracious enough to revise your opinion (as well as your spelling) of Ahmed Ajtebi! :D

I thought he hit the front much too soon and failed to keep her running straight and generally looked a bit weak/uncoordinated in the finish.

Atjebi had a good travell but I think she would have won with Dettori on,
change the jockeys and Annai Salai classic winner and Kite Wood losing in France.

Fine effort by Lillie Langtry in the circumstances . Oaks looks as clear as mud to me after that though . Music Show's effort did some but not an enormous amount for Rumoush, impossible to see which AOB horse is the best, Timepiece is behaving like a morning glory ...

Aviate for me - but will she stay.

Well, the two of you mightn't like AJTebi (it's not Atjebi, any more than it's Dotteri or Follan, gentlemen!), but interesting to see you don't agree as to why! I think the horse just failed, end of. I imagine he was riding to orders, though, don't you, Gal? It's not often that things are left up in the air for the jockey to make up as he goes along, regardless of who's on board. And, for a claimer, he's hardly that bad.

I think Galileo's assessment is pretty much spot on. I backed Anna Salai in the full and certain knowledge that her jockey was likely to be a hindrance and it proved to be the deciding factor. I bear no grudge. He tried his best. He just isn't very talented.

I thought he hit the front much too soon and failed to keep her running straight and generally looked a bit weak/uncoordinated in the finish.

Agree and agree. Watching him when he was in front was awful - he seemed to be absolutely all over the place. He may have ridden a few good races in Dubai but remains a liability as things stand.

Lilly Langtry 4/1 joint favourite with Anna Salai for the Coronation Stakes at Ascot. Neither the Newmarket or Irish Guineas winners are running.

Not sure about that. Anna Salai should have won the Irish 1000, and glad to see Dettori on top - if Godolphin hadn't an amateur on top at the Curragh, they would have had themselves a classic winner.

I think Lillie Langtry is Ballydoyle's best chance of the week and I have been all over her since the prices have come out.

I now agree, she has not come on from that at all. Very disappointing. I backed her small today but she's just not upto scratch so it seems.

The 3 yo fillies look weak though.

Not really anything between her and Special Duty - be good to see them race each other at some stage.

Would Lillie Langtry go to Deauville?

Lillie Langtry posted the best nce by a 3yo fille in the mile today, she is 117 or 118.

Looks a weak crop of fillies

The older horses will dominate the mile for the rest of the season.

What's the news with Bethrah? She's the only three year old filly now likely to improve and trouble anything out of her own sex and age group.

Good to see Lillie Langtry line up for the Falmouth. Good opportunity for her to prove she is top of the three year olds, as it's an awful year - would be nice to see her go well.

Strawberrydaiquiri is as tough a horse as I've seen though. Should be a good race.

Last edited:
Back