1000 Guineas (and beyond)

It doesn't have to be a missed pot. It could be not leaving the cue-ball in its ideal position, or leaving it in a good position for your opponent.

Oh I feel so sorry for Jacqueline's owner, the look on his face when they announced the amended result!

I backed Special Duty straight after the Cheveley Park and the amended result would ordinarily have had me whooping for joy but it wouldn't have felt right in the circumstances. After all that that poor fella's been through this must have been very hard to bear.

Very sad to see the result turned over considering what a fairytale it was but difficult to argue with the decision.

Queally obviously thought he would get away with such carelessness - lousy ride but he was much worse on Principal Role later in the afternoon. Can you imagine Piggott or Cauthen being mugged so easily ?

Mind you the run of Jacqueline Quest is an illustration of how being ridden by Ian Mongan , can quite unintentionally, hide a horse's ability .

I've just had a heart attack.

:lol: ...surely never really in doubt, Cecil's horse stopped the Favourite from winning (despite Francombe's misreading of it). It's not the same when you've got a vested interest though! :) Well done.

Last edited:
Very sad to see the result turned over considering what a fairytale it was but difficult to argue with the decision.

Queally obviously thought he would get away with such carelessness - lousy ride but he was much worse on Principal Role later in the afternoon. Can you imagine Piggott or Cauthen being mugged so easily ?

Mind you the run of Jacqueline Quest is an illustration of how being ridden by Ian Mongan , can quite unintentionally, hide a horse's ability .

What was all that stuff about the neo-Nazis and Channel 4 though!? Extraordinary stuff, dream or not.

French & Irish 1000 Guineas

Amazed this hasn't got a thread, but looks as if Special Duty is getting another in the stewards room and there could be as many as 3 horses from the first 6 disqualified !!

Agree Chris - won two in the Stewards room now. Rohaut looking at a potential disaster in that he had the first and third past the post and both could have been disqualified!

I wouldn't say so. It appears the interference is in front of her and nothing to do with her at all.

Full Steam was badly interferred with as was Rosanara who was finishing very fast down the outside. Whether you agree with the rules or not the right decision was made (in accordance with the French rules).

Special Duty did well from her position though and early in the race she looked to lose some ground by stumbling.

Back