1000 Guineas (and beyond)

Fallon's ride on Lady Of The Desert is absolutely comical!

By the French rules, Special Duty deserved to win the race.

Winner deserved to be demoted to be fair - Was more like a stock car racing overtake than horse racing!

Irish 1000 Guineas entries

1 Anna Salai (USA) (MAZarooni (in
UAE)) - .................................
22-82 2 Atasari (JSBolger) - ........................... (105)
0-11 3 Bethrah (DKWeld) - ........................... (103)
125-2 4 Blue Maiden (GB) (PJMcBride (in
GB)) - ...................................
1 5 Cnocandancer (TStack) - . .........................
175-3 6 Crystal Gal (KPrendergast) - . ............. (96)
24-02 7 Famous (APO'Brien) - ....................... (103)
42187 8 Full Of Hope (APO'Brien) - . ................ (92)
15-23 9 Gile Na Greine (JSBolger) - .............. (110)
3132- 10 Lady Darshaan (JSMoore (in GB)) - ..........
361-1 11 Lady Springbank (PDDeegan) - . ..... (104)
1318- 12 Lillie Langtry (APO'Brien) - . ............. (108)
11 13 Lolly For Dolly (TStack) - . .........................
101-1 14 Music Show (MRChannon (in GB)) -..........
-7306 15 Queen Of Troy (APO'Brien) - .............. (92)
2-3 16 Remember When (APO'Brien) - . ...............
40-5 17 Silk Slippers (GB) (JJMurphy) - . ........ (60)
116-3 18 Song Of My Heart (DWachman) - . ... (102)
11- 19 Termagant (KPrendergast) - ......................
146-4 20 What About Me (BNolan) - . ................ (94)

Irish Guineas -

Anna Salai (USA)
Atasari(105)
Bethrah(103)
Blue Maiden (GB)
Cnocandancer
Crystal Gal(96)
Famous(103)
Full Of Hope(92)
Gile Na Greine(110)
Lady Darshaan
Lady Springbank(104)
Lillie Langtry(108)
Lolly For Dolly
Music Show
Queen Of Troy(92)
Remember When
Song Of My Heart(102)
Termagant
What About Me(94)

LOLLY FOR DOLLY for me. Smart wee thing (no, I haven't a clue about ratings, times, etc. - just liked her action and her attitude).

Giraldus Cambrensis, a somewhat hostile source of information concerning matters Irish, claimed to have witnessed an initiation ceremony for the king of Connacht which involved the new king having sex with a white mare. The mare was then slaughtered and its flesh and blood were placed in a cauldron in which the king proceeded to bathe before it was all cooked up and dished out to the onlookers.

Was this the real sport of kings?

There's another story concerning white horses - where was it that a white stallion was permitted to roam free for a year with mares, while all the land he covered being given to the king? After the year, the horse was captured and ritually killed. Was it a Spanish tradition? I must stop falling asleep during the History Channel!

So Fallon does not get back on Music Show !

His season is going OK but he cannot come anywhere near competing with Moore he is already 20 or so winners behind.

Has he had as many rides as Ryan, though? Ryan's riding through entire cards at some meetings (take Lingfield, 19 May as an example), while Fallon mightn't have a single horse all day.

Liliside did not lose the race for barging out early in the straight, she lost it in the final furlong for closing in on LOTD. Unbelievable.

I like Lolly For Dolly alot but I would be worried about the ground for this one based on the fact she has handled plenty of ease in the past.

I loved Lillie Langtry last year and I am trying very hard not to back her right now as I am pretty sure she will need this badly. Think I will just watch the race and hope Remember When runs a good Oaks trial.

Well, Suny Bay, it looks as if having a jockey on ANNA SALAI worked a lot better than having one in her... I hope you can manage to be gracious enough to revise your opinion (as well as your spelling) of Ahmed Ajtebi! :D

Very exciting finish, with some rather big-name disappointments. Sorry to see the lovely LOLLY looking limp, but as you say, Gal, maybe the ground was agin her today. Nothing there when kindly requested to go on.

Lillie Lantry ran a blinder - I had a small investment on her just out of sentiment not really thinking she'd be ready and while I was waiting for BF to come up, saw Bethrah walking around - really, really liked her, checked her price and stuck a couple of quid on her at 23s. Dogs are now terrified by the amount of screaming that went on at the TV. (Sorry I couldn't share it with you earlier but it was 30s to the off!)

Back