1000 Guineas (and beyond)

The Hannon filly was looking good to me in the days leading up to the race, but I guess it has swung in favour of Fallon now.

I'm looking at Seta and Pollenator, but hope that Special Duty can find her form.

Well done Henry but in terms of a race to view it's really is a farce. I HATE the stalls in the centre of the track.

It was absolute bollocks. Splitting in a classic, it's not the Wokingham FFS.

Music Show absolute battered her side.

It was obvious after the Dahlia that the near side was the place to be, why they all didn't come across I don't know.

The UK stewards are far too cowardly to promote Special Duty, which they should do.

Delighted with the runs I got from both the French filly and the Bolger one, apart from the bump that might have cost Special Duty the race.

Oh I feel so sorry for Jacqueline's owner, the look on his face when they announced the amended result!

I would add what a classy lady M Head Maarek is - from her interviews on ATR this morning to all the interviews on the track. Class through and through.

So do I - what a shame they couldn't just have dead heated and that would have been an end to it. I am sure we'd all want to win the race if we'd owned SPECIAL DUTY but Juddmonte need to take care they don' make a habit of this in the Guineas!!

Eat your words, DO! I was yelling at Queally to change whip hands - it was so obvious he was carrying Criquette's head out. I'm glad that it didn't matter if it was a Class 6 Seller or this - rules are rules and when it's by such a tiny margin, yes, you've got to argue that the horse could well have won without having been pushed so far across the course. Of course, desperately sorry for Noel Martin and Henry Cecil, but a second is still bloody good.

Back